1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived today... Born yesterday

P1000282.jpg

I was supposed to have this when it was first released, but for some reason SSC forgot to ship it (which resulted in free shipping for ultron prime and stan lee).
Unless the Civil War vision comes with his civvy clothes, he won't be different enough to bother ordering... But if it does come with the sweater combo, I at least hope the head sculpt doesn't have the eyes looking up. That's kinda annoying.

I think you just nailed it. They'll pull a Rogers on the CW and just give him a different eye position.

I just got this guy yesterday and he was the last piece of the puzzle. The team is complete!

He's awesome in the film, he's very cool as a character and powerful as well.

But all that doesn't translate well into a figure. Opened him up, fixed the stand and put in on. :lol I don't know what to do with him!

I think he looks bored, and his slouch doesn't help either.

He's awesome in the film, he's very cool as a character and powerful as well.

But all that doesn't translate well into a figure. Opened him up, fixed the stand and put in on. :lol I don't know what to do with him!

I think he looks bored, and his slouch doesn't help either.

Swapping out his body parts makes a big difference w/ the figure, IMO.

image.jpg

Still some minor things to touch up, but I'm happy with the results.

I was asked how I did this, but couldn't respond with the proper pics in PM, so I'll post it here.

I started off thinking I was going to swap the whole MOS Superman body at first, but after stripping each TrueType body down, I saw that I only really needed to replace the upper torso and arms.

The problem was the exposed neck on the Vision body:

image.jpg
image.jpg

So I had to disassemble the soft rubber chest pieces from both bodies and carefully cut each to fit each other.

image.jpg

After which I test fitted everything and made sure the proportions weren't too insane.

image.jpg

I then bonded the two pieces and proceeded to add some putty to smooth transition and added the raised sections of the chest from the stock Vision body.
image.jpg
image.jpg

That's pretty much it. Took one afternoon and some bravery.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now all I have to do is dip the collar piece in some boiling water to shape it to new chest contour. Also, finish gluing the costume back to his neck line. Hope this helps people who are interested.

I was asked how I did this, but couldn't respond with the proper pics in PM, so I'll post it here.

I started off thinking I was going to swap the whole MOS Superman body at first, but after stripping each TrueType body down, I saw that I only really needed to replace the upper torso and arms.

The problem was the exposed neck on the Vision body:

View attachment 268677
View attachment 268678

So I had to disassemble the soft rubber chest pieces from both bodies and carefully cut each to fit each other.

View attachment 268681

After which I test fitted everything and made sure the proportions weren't too insane.

View attachment 268682

I then bonded the two pieces and proceeded to add some putty to smooth transition and added the raised sections of the chest from the stock Vision body.
View attachment 268680
View attachment 268683

That's pretty much it. Took one afternoon and some bravery.

View attachment 268684
View attachment 268685
View attachment 268686
View attachment 268687

Now all I have to do is dip the collar piece in some boiling water to shape it to new chest contour. Also, finish gluing the costume back to his neck line. Hope this helps people who are interested.

Fantastic Work!!!! Glad you went ahead and posted the process! Hopefully Hot Toys will see this and take notes. Once again a customiser with love for the characters shows the "pros" how it's done!

was there much sewing to the suit? I LOVE IT! wonder what you would charge if i sent you a body and a vision to do that for me it looks so proportionate
Thx!

Actually, there is no sewing involved. The suit stretches so much that it can be put on and taken off without unthreading the original stitching.

I wouldn't even know where to start on a price for this kind of thing. I'd be a wreck if I was working on someone else's figure.

Last edited:
Since the HB's been pushed back I'm thinking about getting this figure, has anyone had problems using the display clamp on him for extended periods...any issues with the suit? Any other issues that would cause concern?

Since the HB's been pushed back I'm thinking about getting this figure, has anyone had problems using the display clamp on him for extended periods...any issues with the suit? Any other issues that would cause concern?
left it on the dynamic stand for one day and it started to leave marks on the suit.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

As long as you have the clamp around the waist and not the hips it seems fine. I've got mine in a flight pose and have had no issues. Some people were reporting indentations if it was around the hips because there is more of a softer material there.

09ef95c032227037a636e54e38cd1628.jpg

This is how I posed mine. Left it for a day before I notice the indentations on the suit.
A pity as Vision looks so good in those flying poses.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I saw this sell on ebay for under 200 the other day. Took me a back a little considering how cool it is, I'd figure retail at least still.

Back