1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I have a different experience. I have to tell them to send and collect my final payment. Why would they wait, if they have them in stock?

You really have to ask that? Your asking why they don't move the notified payment date up without talking to the customer? Really? You can't see how that would result in a ton of issues?

They can push a final flex back..again, doing so is not actually a delay since they give Windows for expected (key word expected) arrival based on what hot toys says...but they have to give a single month for payments...doesn't mean the figure is actually delayed. That's what you don't seem to grasp. A flex payment can be moved by months and the figure still arive within the expected window. Anyway...if they move a payment back (giving you more time) you can't them say you didn't have the money because you should have already had it. But if they move a payment up then the customer can say they where not ready and sideshow would then have to offer a delayed pay or a full refund, including any NRD by law. Legally they can move a required payment backwards but when you move it up they can not force the issue and they have to refund the NRD if requested. It's a legal thing. (There's other factors but that's a simplified answer)

They have thousands of customers. Most hot toys ordered through sideshow have at least a thousand flex payers. To move up payment by a couple weeks to a month would require each customer to be individually contacted to authorize payment early. And they have to still be willing to wait till the later payment if the customer says no to moving it up. That's all extra work. Why bother doing that when people can email in if they want it, or it will automatically process on the date that was already scheduled by the system.

Just think about how much extra work that is. Let's go super conservative on the additional time estimate of 5 extra min of work per order (they have to send and email to every customer. Wait for reply. Read said reply. Access customers account. Authorize payment. Check it went through etc). Let's say they have 1000 of those orders per hot toys figure. Let's say there are 10 figures per year. (Last year it was like 20....but as I said going on a conservative estimate). 5 min times 1000 orders all multiplied by 10 to cover the year. Divide that by 60 minutes and you get how many additional hours a year of work it would be to individually notify every flex customer to pay early (again, these are rough estimates just so you understand). Maths not my strong suit but that total number is like 800 hours additional work a year. If my maths correct. Which it might not be. But if it is that's like 30 days of work. Like 6,500 dollars worth of cost to pay to do at min wage. Make sense why they wouldn't be running around asking every customer to move up their payments?

You need to not just think about it from your own perspective if you want to question why ssc is doing things.

And again, still not delayed. And still not their fault. It's not that I have a different experience, it's that you don't seem to understand the complexity of the situation.

Last edited:
Got Vision today - but with a booked evening I have no time to open him until tomorrow!

That's quite a rant :lol

Yeah, but he's 100% right.

A lot of people on these boards seem to not even remotely understand how a business like this works. The first response seems to typically be that Sideshow or Hot Toys is trying to screw people over, without ever stopping to think of the actual practicalities of what they are demanding or expecting.

I had it shipped to my mom's house so someone would be home to sign for it and I have to wait a whole week to get it now. Womp womp.

You really have to ask that? Your asking why they don't move the notified payment date up without talking to the customer? Really? You can't see how that would result in a ton of issues?

They can push a final flex back..again, doing so is not actually a delay since they give Windows for expected (key word expected) arrival based on what hot toys says...but they have to give a single month for payments...doesn't mean the figure is actually delayed. That's what you don't seem to grasp. A flex payment can be moved by months and the figure still arive within the expected window. Anyway...if they move a payment back (giving you more time) you can't them say you didn't have the money because you should have already had it. But if they move a payment up then the customer can say they where not ready and sideshow would then have to offer a delayed pay or a full refund, including any NRD by law. Legally they can move a required payment backwards but when you move it up they can not force the issue and they have to refund the NRD if requested. It's a legal thing. (There's other factors but that's a simplified answer)

They have thousands of customers. Most hot toys ordered through sideshow have at least a thousand flex payers. To move up payment by a couple weeks to a month would require each customer to be individually contacted to authorize payment early. And they have to still be willing to wait till the later payment if the customer says no to moving it up. That's all extra work. Why bother doing that when people can email in if they want it, or it will automatically process on the date that was already scheduled by the system.

Just think about how much extra work that is. Let's go super conservative on the additional time estimate of 5 extra min of work per order (they have to send and email to every customer. Wait for reply. Read said reply. Access customers account. Authorize payment. Check it went through etc). Let's say they have 1000 of those orders per hot toys figure. Let's say there are 10 figures per year. (Last year it was like 20....but as I said going on a conservative estimate). 5 min times 1000 orders all multiplied by 10 to cover the year. Divide that by 60 minutes and you get how many additional hours a year of work it would be to individually notify every flex customer to pay early (again, these are rough estimates just so you understand). Maths not my strong suit but that total number is like 800 hours additional work a year. If my maths correct. Which it might not be. But if it is that's like 30 days of work. Like 6,500 dollars worth of cost to pay to do at min wage. Make sense why they wouldn't be running around asking every customer to move up their payments?

You need to not just think about it from your own perspective if you want to question why ssc is doing things.

And again, still not delayed. And still not their fault. It's not that I have a different experience, it's that you don't seem to understand the complexity of the situation.

Thank you for the feedback. Guess I'm just like most collectors - Im the only customer and it sucks seeing everyone else get their figures first. If figures don't arrive when expected... They are delayed. If SS can't handle the demand, then they need to figure out a better busy model. Minimum wage or not.

Yeah, but he's 100% right.

A lot of people on these boards seem to not even remotely understand how a business like this works. The first response seems to typically be that Sideshow or Hot Toys is trying to screw people over, without ever stopping to think of the actual practicalities of what they are demanding or expecting.

For the record I don't think I'm getting screwed. I appreciate the positive support for Sideshow and Hot Toys. I will now take a moment to think this over. :gah:

Love it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458017312.047448.jpg

Sideshow gets a lot of flak for things HT controls, and HT gets a lot of guff over character changes and designs that the film studios controls lol.

LOL, isn't that the truth. The number of times people throw acid at Hot Toys for design choices, or for figures being bare bones for extras...

Okay!! I just got Vision out of the box and... WOW. I like the colors so much better in person. I need to futz with him some more, but I couldn't wait to put him in a pose inspired by the cover of Avengers vol1 #57. Here's a quick cell phone pic...
000.jpg

By the way, looks like this is my 1,000th post since I joined in 2009. cool :)

Back