1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, too bad this guy's gonna remain flightless for the rest of his life now.

i'm guessing the strong inward gripping force of the dynamic stand clamp plus the downward weight of the figure from gravity separated the top film layer from the fabric layer below.

Damn that sucks ^^
Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure how SS ships their stuff out (delays, delays, and more delays). You would think they would want good customer service and my money.:slap

What delays? If you mean the hot toys stuff...those are beyond their control. As soon as they (sideshow) get them they send them out. And 90% of what people call "delays" are in fact not. If a figure has an announced window of 3-6 months it's not delayed if it arrives in the window. Like ultron prime. And given ultron primes actual hot toys announced window goes until the last day of March it's not actually delayed until then in Hong Kong. And since sideshow then has to wait till hot toys gets it to them..not really sideshows fault.

Sideshow has to pick a single month to tell folks, due to flex and whatnot..and hot toys only gives them at best a 3 month window..chances are it will get moved from the start to the end.

People blame sideshow without actually understanding what is actually happening.

Warning, guys.

Don't leave him on the dynamic stand, found it messed up the suit after leaving it in an upright floating pose for the past month. The top layer has separated from the fabric layer beneath. Damage on both sides of his waist.
View attachment 252216

I'm glad I held off getting this one; is a prolonged dynamic stand pose warned against in the instructions?

I'm glad I held off getting this one; is a prolonged dynamic stand pose warned against in the instructions?

Good question. I know on TWS Falcon it said not to leave the goggles on for too long or it would rub the paint off.

As for the lateness thing I get it. My local shop hasn't got a shipping notice yet but I've seen lots of people get theirs. Really like this figure and cannot wait to get it. Guess thats a testament to HT's great work .

looks like vision has the same problems as the man of steel suit. shame they cant be posed on the stand like that.

looks like vision has the same problems as the man of steel suit. shame they cant be posed on the stand like that.

My MOS Superman has been on the dynamic stand for months and is fine. :dunno

Vision looks great though. Will be adding him to my MCU collection soon.

Yeah, I don't have any of my figures on dynamic stands being grabbed by the waist.

I have it grabbing towards the middle of the torso.

And here's mine. Really solid figure.
375302d8f8d6e6b8b91e5aeb93789e3a.jpg

I've had my man of steel figure in a dynamic pose since I got it. Years ago. It's not fragile.

Not sure if I should pick up this version of Vision or get the Civil War version. Seems like they'll be about the same but wondering if the new one will have any differences that might make it worth waiting for.

Not sure if I should pick up this version of Vision or get the Civil War version. Seems like they'll be about the same but wondering if the new one will have any differences that might make it worth waiting for.

They might make the silver suit Vision, if indeed he wears that near the end or whenever. Seems like the best thing for HT to do as the current Vision is still widely available.

I'm just basing this off the Vision Funko, it may not happen, idk

Thanks, it's a shame~ At least it's not too noticeable from far away.
It might be better clamped at the waist as you suggest, but noting the nature of the fabric, I would advise against leaving it on the dynamic stand entirely.
The top layer of the fabric feels like a film presumably heat applied onto the actual fabric suit. It feels quite delicate to the touch.

I've experienced similar damage on my Vision using the flight stand gripped at the middle torso area. This happened after being on the stand for about 2 weeks. It will leave a stretch mark on the suit and distort the circle pattern on the suit. This is really a shame since this is an awesome figure and looks great using the flying pose. Please be careful people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've left my ASM1 figure on a dynamic stand for months before selling it off.

It's the type of material that's impressionable. It'll leave a mark but in my cases smooth itself back into original form.

I would say don't have the stand grab an area that'll put to much stress on the figure.

Having the stand grab at the waist like that is something I wouldn't suggest because the figure's center of gravity isn't there and would make the figure top heavy causing stress at that point.

They might make the silver suit Vision, if indeed he wears that near the end or whenever. Seems like the best thing for HT to do as the current Vision is still widely available.

I'm just basing this off the Vision Funko, it may not happen, idk
That would be cool and more of my preferred look for the character. It might be worth having both looks though.

What delays? If you mean the hot toys stuff...those are beyond their control. As soon as they (sideshow) get them they send them out. And 90% of what people call "delays" are in fact not. If a figure has an announced window of 3-6 months it's not delayed if it arrives in the window. Like ultron prime. And given ultron primes actual hot toys announced window goes until the last day of March it's not actually delayed until then in Hong Kong. And since sideshow then has to wait till hot toys gets it to them..not really sideshows fault.

Sideshow has to pick a single month to tell folks, due to flex and whatnot..and hot toys only gives them at best a 3 month window..chances are it will get moved from the start to the end.

People blame sideshow without actually understanding what is actually happening.

I guess I have a different experience. I have to tell them to send and collect my final payment. Why would they wait, if they have them in stock?

Back