1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that about the gem... Wonder if they decided to put a light in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that about the gem... Wonder if they decided to put a light in it.

Might be. Look at the where the stone is in this pic.
IMG_0554.JPG

It's definitely a whole new sculpt.
The prototype seemed to be based on the pre-effects costume and make-up Bettany was wearing during filming and the new one is based on how he looks post-effects (detailed here). It fixes the proto's major problems (ears, wider head shape, etc) and looks a lot more like Vision in the film.

Some pages back, I mused on whether or not they'd have the stone light up.. if it doesn't, the translucent stone looks worse to me than the opaque one on the prototype.

I get more excited about this figure with each new pic posted.

Today is a good day. New Fury announced and Vision looks much better. I was content to wait for a big discount on him, now I'll order as soon as he starts shipping.

Today is a good day. New Fury announced and Vision looks much better. I was content to wait for a big discount on him, now I'll order as soon as he starts shipping.

still no new body though, head looks great but its like 10% of the package. Fury looks amazing, so glad I waited for him

I don't know if it's the angle or the paint (or lack there of) apps but these two sculpts look dramatically different to me.

There's definitely a big difference. They altered everything, and he no longer looks like he's wearing a bonnet.

Thanks for the comparison. Even the gem is different, looks translucent now. Great improvements
It's a completely new sculpt. JC Hong said it himself. Looks ten times better now and they probably just pushed out the initial prototype to get preorders up during the movies hype.

Back