1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

I'd like to see some 360 Degree shots to get a look at him from behind (you have no idea how many ways I tried writing that, everyone sounds like I wanna check out his ass, lol!)

To get a better look at the elbows, but also the musculature on his back and legs.... (oh OK, and to check out his buns :monkey3 )

Also, am I wrong to be wanting to order a Red & Grey Hulk already as well :monkey1 ?

Please, slap me if I'm wrong!

i have doubt if it's elbow wrinkles. ht has never made any attempts for that if i can remember correctly. but if they are indeed cracks then i hope that's the worse of it cause its just his elbows, i can live with that!! not gonna see that part much when posing anyway. its the fear that that is the tip of the iceberg.. what comes next?? that scares the jeebs outta me...

I'd like to see some 360 Degree shots to get a look at him from behind (you have no idea how many ways I tried writing that, everyone sounds like I wanna check out his ass, lol!)

To get a better look at the elbows, but also the musculature on his back and legs.... (oh OK, and to check out his buns :monkey3 )

Also, am I wrong to be wanting to order a Red & Grey Hulk already as well :monkey1 ?

Please, slap me if I'm wrong!

not wrong there one bit! hell if ht can come out with this, imagine what they could do with juggernaut, thing etc

and they could even come out with thanos, hell he was in the movie!!

release thanos 0.1 now and then when he's more prominent in avengers 2 release thanos 1.0 just to milk it. it'd sell well... too well.

297563_10150984693827344_1149706831_n.jpg

People are seriously thinking that's tears in the rubber?

It's clearly elbow wrinkles which i was glad to see when i first saw it, it means that there's extra material around the elbow where the material would be at the most tension when the joint is used. This extra material will reduce that tension preventing stress on the rubber.

It's the same reason we have wrinkles on our elbows, knuckles etc. because if we didnt when we touched our faces the skin on our elbows would rip or prevent full extension. HT should of been doing this from the start imo. It doesn't remove the problems of rubber tho, it just means less stress will be put on the rubber.

Also, is this not in the store display yet?

With all this elbow wrinkle/tear talk, I just wish HT just went with a solid arm that doesn't bend. It's not like we're getting a ton of articulation anyways.
It would have been much better if they just did replacement arms. That way, Hulk could get some real arm bend and not look funny at all.

With all this elbow wrinkle/tear talk, I just wish HT just went with a solid arm that doesn't bend. It's not like we're getting a ton of articulation anyways.
It would have been much better if they just did replacement arms. That way, Hulk could get some real arm bend and not look funny at all.

exactly!!

one pair of solid sculpted arms (satisfies one half of collectors who prefer the aesthetic look)
one pair of sculpted but elbow jointed arms like t800 muscle body (satisfies the other half)
no rubber needed. job done.
price... maybe.. slight increase.

immediate PO.

I'll probably get bombarded for saying what I'm about to say, but this thread is making me eyeball my 12 inch roto cast from the older movie, making me think how Toy Biz made a figure that looks so good, for so little. Plus, this one is pretty old and isn't breaking down at all.

Sorry I was gone so long. Thanks for the pics guys! it certainly looks like vein lines or wrinkle lines to me. No way does it look like a tear. Thank goodness for that! Some people really are looking for things to find wrong aren't they?

Sorry I was gone so long. Thanks for the pics guys! it certainly looks like vein lines or wrinkle lines to me. No way does it look like a tear. Thank goodness for that! Some people really are looking for things to find wrong aren't they?

I don't think everybody is looking. They're just speaking from past experience. Hot Toys has a tendency not to give a ****.

i have doubt if it's elbow wrinkles. ht has never made any attempts for that if i can remember correctly. but if they are indeed cracks then i hope that's the worse of it cause its just his elbows, i can live with that!! not gonna see that part much when posing anyway. its the fear that that is the tip of the iceberg.. what comes next?? that scares the jeebs outta me...

goodforyou4.jpg

$300 for a mostly not broken figure isn't gonna cut it for lots of people.

not wrong there one bit! hell if ht can come out with this, imagine what they could do with juggernaut, thing etc

and they could even come out with thanos, hell he was in the movie!!

release thanos 0.1 now and then when he's more prominent in avengers 2 release thanos 1.0 just to milk it. it'd sell well... too well.

You seriously think they'll make him when he was in the film for all of 2 seconds :lol

I don't think everybody is looking. They're just speaking from past experience. Hot Toys has a tendency not to give a ****.

Has HT made the sloppy mistake of releasing prototype pictures with cracking rubber before? Somehow I doubt that particular image of the elbows would've been online if the problem was so visible... Then again, I'm new to the HT line of figures in general.

goodforyou4.jpg

$300 for a mostly not broken figure isn't gonna cut it for lots of people.

You seriously think they'll make him when he was in the film for all of 2 seconds :lol

depends on how much people want the figure!

and yes HT will milk us all :panic:
(dig at them)
i know they won't...
but HT has other ideas lately...

I was thinking about PO but my mate told me to wait for the next version.

How sure are you guys about there being a V2 of the hulk?

Coz I'm pretty sure not all the Avengers will get a V2.

If there is a V2 it will probably a couple years before it's out and cost $350 or more.

but I could be wrong and they might make a exclusive next summer

I would like to have hulk battle Iron Monger on my shelf. Or maybe on day we will have a hulkbuster. Anyways its time to use my points from ssc for this beast. I just hate that ssc doesn't double box their figures. The pack out is bullshiiit.

I have a SS hulkbuster that I might display fighting this hulk :rock

A diorama or mini version of the one displayed here which I love !

Indeed. A Collectible is only worth what one is willing to pay to own it. I would NEVER....EVER...pay ridiculous amounts of money for things like paintings or certain brand name clothes. Its just not my thing. I would even argue that its not "Worth That Much", but there are people that think differently and do spend that ridiculous amount of cash on those things. Who am I to judge? I spend Thousands of $$$$$$$$ worth on plastic and rubber. :p

:exactly::goodpost:

Has HT made the sloppy mistake of releasing prototype pictures with cracking rubber before? Somehow I doubt that particular image of the elbows would've been online if the problem was so visible... Then again, I'm new to the HT line of figures in general.

I'm just pointing out that I wouldn't put anything past them these days. I really doubt they would release pics with cracks in it, but who knows. HT knows that everybody will flock to their stuff no matter what. It just sucks, because the price we pay, we should be getting more, or they should at least rectify their ongoing problems.
Being new to the HT stuff, just beware of their problems and don't take the first guys word about how good their stuff is. Sure right out the box everything is great, but give it time.....

I can only count about 15.

1. Head to neck.
2. Neck at shoulders (maybe?
3. Left Shoulder
4. Left Elbow
5. Left Wrist
6. Right Shoulder
7. Right Elbow
8. Right Wrist
9. Waist
10. Left Hip
11. Left Knee
12. Left Ankle
13. Right Hip
14. Right Knee
15. Right Ankle

And if they are counting the eyes....
16. Left Eye
17. Right Eye.

:lol

Hoping for a Ab crunch joint in the torso as well.

idk about HT but Hasbro's system counts swivel-hinged shoulders and hips as 2 points each,
so you add an extra 4

21 points :lol

The whole HT Avengers team together will make some awesome pictures, can't wait til that day when they are all released. :impatient:

Yeah, its probably almost a year away too. That's a killer if you ask me... But then again, it gives me time to save. :gah:

I'm so tempted to get a 2nd and make a red hulk.

I may buy one to open and one to keep MIB!

Always wanted a "Good" 1/6 Hulk and this is by FAR the best one out there so I PO'D!! :yess:

:exactly:

If this were a regular 12" TT figure and not the FREAKING INCREDIBLE HULK, then I can see how the price would be ridiculous, but well...there you have it. This is not your ordinary 1/6 release. When a regular 12" Figure is coming in at $200-$250 prices now, $300 for a 16.5" HULK seems pretty fair imo.

I agree. Sure, I'd like the price to be lower but with all things considered....

Indeed. A Collectible is only worth what one is willing to pay to own it. I would NEVER....EVER...pay ridiculous amounts of money for things like paintings or certain brand name clothes. Its just not my thing. I would even argue that its not "Worth That Much", but there are people that think differently and do spend that ridiculous amount of cash on those things. Who am I to judge? I spend Thousands of $$$$$$$$ worth on plastic and rubber. :p

:goodpost: To me, the Hulk is the Grail price!

I personally don't like rubber but as I see it, there ain't no Avengers without Hulk.

So true.

Back