1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all i want from Phase 3 is Ultron. Give me Ultron Vs the Avengers on the big screen. Anything on top of that is great, anything other than that is a let down imo.

This.

A HT figure of Ultron would be like a dream come true for me...

That is horrible news to me, I hate those crazy storylines with Hulk, I much prefer the simple idea of a cursed man seeking ways to rid himself of the curse or control it while being hunted down for what he is. Shipping him off to other planets and stuff is just too weird for me and I don't think it's a good idea where the film needs to transcend comic geeks and have mass appeal to bring in big money to justify the production.

That is horrible news to me, I hate those crazy storylines with Hulk, I much prefer the simple idea of a cursed man seeking ways to rid himself of the curse or control it while being hunted down for what he is. Shipping him off to other planets and stuff is just too weird for me and I don't think it's a good idea where the film needs to transcend comic geeks and have mass appeal to bring in big money to justify the production.
I have to say, I agree.

Seeing HULK in The Avengers - as he appeared, was as close to perfection as they could've gotten.
He made the film for me - as I'm sure plenty of others too.

I know that the comics have taken some interesting directions with most characters over the years, but yeah.. I can't say I'll be cartwheeling over 'Planet Hulk' to be honest. :lol

tumblr_m6f13pbekP1rziwwco5_r1_250.png

I've read the arcs, but I'm really not feeling this plan of action from Marvel - if the rumors are true. Yeah, I would love to see the movie happen. But this would be the first solo Hulk film since the Avengers. And it should be planned with Ruffalo in mind and not be a total CGI/motion capture extravaganza. There should be focus on both Bruce Banner and the Hulk, and not just one or the other. Only focusing on the Hulk is simply too much to risk for this first movie.

The Avengers has made millions of new fans and many of them haven't read the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk arcs. They'd be disappointed to hear that there’s going to be a huge focus on the Hulk. Sure, he can have tons of characterization but for many people, including myself, the lack (or entire absence) of Banner will be a deal-breaker. :(

And I really want to see more of Ruffalo and his characterization of Bruce Banner. We’ve barely seen anything of him, and if the next solo Hulk film involves very little of Banner, I'm not really for that. Ruffalo's Banner brings a meek but dangerous charisma to the character, and a Jekyll/Hyde dynamic, that would be almost (if not entirely) absent in a “Planet Hulk” film.

Not only this, but in the comics, Banner and the Hulk are two different personas. But as far as the MCU goes, grounded in reality as it stands, the Hulk is simply an experiment gone wrong. The Hulk IS Banner, but he just can’t process his thoughts and emotions. There’s no split-personality going on there. In the comics, Banner developed something of an MPD while he was very young and part of this manifested as the Hulk. This hasn’t been touched on at all in MCU canon, and with only the “Avengers 2” between Ruffalo’s first appearance and a possible “Planet Hulk” film, it may be difficult to bring in a whole new Hulk persona and create some kind of backstory to go along with it. No hint of a backstory has even been established yet and if this is to happen during Avengers 2 or such, it might not be rich enough. There's a ton of other characters the studio has to juggle with in the same film. Stuff like this really belongs in its own movie. So how they’d create the split-personality thing without it being half-baked is beyond me - unless, of course, Banner has full control of the Hulk and such. That's the only way I see this working, but ymmv. The studio has their own idea. :dunno

I really think, if anything, Banner's backstory should be explored in the next film before doing something like a Planet Hulk storyline. Even then, the whole concept of Banner and the Hulk being separate entities seems a little odd for an MCU film. It works fine in the comics, but I don't see it working in the cinemas.

/end of thought spillage (I geeked out more than I thought I would :lol)

Eh, Planet Hulk is interesting...but i also liked John Carter(unlike a lot of people). Maybe they should hold off for a while. Make it happen after The Avengers and after Hulk gets a new movie.

But, for all those haters, just think of the Hot Toys Planet Hulk!!!

Eh, Planet Hulk is interesting...but i also liked John Carter(unlike a lot of people). Maybe they should hold off for a while. Make it happen after The Avengers and after Hulk gets a new movie.

exactly what I was thinking man!.......but you think people could just mod the Avengers Hulk to look like the Gladiatorial one?

I think for more people liked John Carter than the press would have us believe.

We were told it was a flop before it was even released after all. ;)

exactly what I was thinking man!.......but you think people could just mod the Avengers Hulk to look like the Gladiatorial one?

Well, a lot of people want a Hulk 2.0...
What if they make Planet Hulk with removable armor.

Fprgve my Hulk-ignorance, but I have never understood how a guy transformed by exposure to gamma[?] radiation translates into a whole planetful of like creatures. Did a whole planet get nuked by radiation....?

What about women? Does planet Hulk have women? [See how ignorant I am about all this?] What of their mating habits, is it a trial by battle thing or what? This would be fun to see. But have to agree, a planet Hulk movie would really be stretching it. How about a really GOOD movie, featuring the one Hulk we have now? THEN and only then can we get all wild & crazy with all this extra stuff.

I'm not familiar with Planet Hulk,but it does sound like I'd be a cool HT figure!( I enjoyed John Carter as well

Last edited:
Fprgve my Hulk-ignorance, but I have never understood how a guy transformed by exposure to gamma[?] radiation translates into a whole planetful of like creatures. Did a whole planet get nuked by radiation....?

What about women? Does planet Hulk have women? [See how ignorant I am about all this?] What of their mating habits, is it a trial by battle thing or what? This would be fun to see. But have to agree, a planet Hulk movie would really be stretching it. How about a really GOOD movie, featuring the one Hulk we have now? THEN and only then can we get all wild & crazy with all this extra stuff.

Planet Hulk isn't literally about a planet full of Hulk's XD

im fine with that direction for hulk in the movies.
i mean really think about...what CAN they do with hulk? its why they have had a hard time making any movies with him at all up to this point. giving him a direction is a good thing.

hulk smash! is great but we have already had that movie multiple times now. its time to add a little meat to the potatoes for his cinematic treatment

Back