1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no regrets buying this figure it looks great. If I had the money I'd also get the mark 43, but since it's only a repaint I'll pass.

Here is the custom I finished today. I put a picture of the original next to the first picture to show the weird yellow gold that is not movie accurate. I repainted both yellow and red before the actual weathering could begin

Wow that looks incredible! I'm on the look out for a 42 at the moment. Thought I'd see some at decent prices now seein as people are ditchin this for the 43. Also making sure I grab one from the second batch which I believe have the improved shoulder joints.

Wonderful weathering indeed, truly outstanding work! :clap:clap:clap

Hope you like if I share some pictures I took just a couple of weeks after getting this figure, time ago now. I'm selling it to get the 1/4 scale one, but each time I see it I'm not so sure :cuckoo:

Iron Man Mark XLII 01
by Salvatore S. 82, on Flickr

Iron Man Mark XLII 02 by Salvatore S. 82, on Flickr

Iron Man Mark XLII 03

Iron Man Mark XLII 04

Iron Man Mark XLII 05

Iron Man Mark XLII 06

Iron Man Mark XLII 07

Iron Man Mark XLII 08

Iron Man Mark XLII 09

Iron Man Mark XLII 10

Iron Man Mark XLII 11

Iron Man Mark XLII 13

The desk is a custom one, made by myself, just to put the extra pieces of this figure :)

:wave

I wish we would have gotten a full battle damaged version of this figure rather than just some interchangeable parts for the upper body. Still like the figure a lot but I've never been fully satisfied with the battle damaged look. I don't have the guts to do a custom like on the previous page to my figure either.

Wanting to get myself a 42 but don't wanna end up with one that has faulty shoulders, how common was this problem?

Wanting to get myself a 42 but don't wanna end up with one that has faulty shoulders, how common was this problem?
After the initial release in Hong Kong it was pretty much a non-issue. All the ones distributed by Sideshow had the fixed shoulders if I recall correctly.

After the initial release in Hong Kong it was pretty much a non-issue. All the ones distributed by Sideshow had the fixed shoulders if I recall correctly.

I agree, haven't had any issues with mine. Still love the look of this figure. I'm going to have to space my Iron man purchases out since HT is releasing the variances by the truck load.

Non issue as others said. Even before it was fixed it wasn't a big issue. They over engineered it basically. They used two washers in the shoulder. The fix was removing one. It caused the shoulder to be stiff so people would use to much force to move it, that caused the issues. So even if you got one of the early ones just don't over torque it.

Outside of the Hong Kong release though they where all fixed. So north and South America, Europe australia all had fixed ones. I wouldn't stress it.

My fairly crappy attempt at a Pepper suit up pose after receiving my Pepper HS today.

If anyone has a better idea to suspend the parts other than taping them to the detolf door, please tell me! lol

P.S. Oh and my newly finished Titan Hero Hulkbuster all painted up :D

My fairly crappy attempt at a Pepper suit up pose after receiving my Pepper HS today.

If anyone has a better idea to suspend the parts other than taping them to the detolf door, please tell me! lol

P.S. Oh and my newly finished Titan Hero Hulkbuster all painted up :D

Awesome setup! :clap In the first picture, I was impressed you managed to suspend everything without any stands... and then I started looking closer and saw the tape. Another option might be to use fishing wire and hang the pieces from above.

Back