1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think that in my moments of reflection on the movie as a whole, I realized I had hoped for more from what was ostensibly the movie's "flagship" suit.

I always thought this was interesting, and someone may have already posted it, but according to IM Wiki if Tony had just a little more time to get it out of the prototype phase it would have kicked all kinds of butt, but then again I guess that's the essentially the MK43.

IM Wiki - Mark 42's weaponry systems can also be composed of the following, based from the fact that the Mark 42's armament was based on all the armors that precede it. Extra nanotech space allows the armor to carry much more weapons whilst not affecting the overall composition and performance of this armor. So with all these facts, the Mark 42 can be equipped with rockets, missiles, Repulsors, machine guns, gun holes, grenades, foldable cannons (possibly on the shoulder plate, like Iron Patriot), portable lasers, micro-repulsors (like that of the Comic Armors), shoulder-mounted guns (like that of Mark III), flares, grappling hooks, repulsor-based weapons, electric fields, proton-based lightning charges, flamethrowers (maybe), sonic distruptors (like that of the Peacekeeper), battle blades (like that of Mark 33), cryo blasters, Plasma-based laser projectors, tranquilizer rounds, syringe-like projectiles, crowd-control weapons, Unibeam Projection Systems, pulse bolts, elemental weapons, AA-based projectiles, frost charges, striker missiles, energy-concussive rays and other unknown weaponry that the Mark 42 can be possibly equipped with. The armor has a higher energy output than previous designs, taking from the Mark 33, with energy diversion and enhancement systems. Due to the armor being in the prototype phase, the combat and flight system frequently fault out, forcing Tony to rely solely on the repulsors."

Either way I agree with you guys this is such an awesome armor in hand, and even though I have the MK43 PO'd I still don't see it knocking this out of my top IM spot, maybe tied with it but not replacing it. :rock2

Last edited:
I always thought this was interesting, and someone may have already posted it, but according to IM Wiki if Tony had just a little more time to get it out of the prototype phase it would have kicked all kinds of butt, but then again I guess that's the essentially the MK43.

IM Wiki - Mark 42's weaponry systems can also be composed of the following, based from the fact that the Mark 42's armament was based on all the armors that precede it. Extra nanotech space allows the armor to carry much more weapons whilst not affecting the overall composition and performance of this armor. So with all these facts, the Mark 42 can be equipped with rockets, missiles, Repulsors, machine guns, gun holes, grenades, foldable cannons (possibly on the shoulder plate, like Iron Patriot), portable lasers, micro-repulsors (like that of the Comic Armors), shoulder-mounted guns (like that of Mark III), flares, grappling hooks, repulsor-based weapons, electric fields, proton-based lightning charges, flamethrowers (maybe), sonic distruptors (like that of the Peacekeeper), battle blades (like that of Mark 33), cryo blasters, Plasma-based laser projectors, tranquilizer rounds, syringe-like projectiles, crowd-control weapons, Unibeam Projection Systems, pulse bolts, elemental weapons, AA-based projectiles, frost charges, striker missiles, energy-concussive rays and other unknown weaponry that the Mark 42 can be possibly equipped with. The armor has a higher energy output than previous designs, taking from the Mark 33, with energy diversion and enhancement systems. Due to the armor being in the prototype phase, the combat and flight system frequently fault out, forcing Tony to rely solely on the repulsors."

Either way I agree with you guys this is such an awesome armor in hand, and even though I have the MK43 PO'd I still don't see it knocking this out of my top IM spot, maybe tied with it but not replacing it. :rock2
Thanks for posting that! I do sometimes go to the IM Wiki but I did not go for the XLIII, so I did not know that back-story. That does help to put the XLIII's performance in the movie into better perspective. :clap

17270502641_2724b6396d_b.jpg

17084812569_46d5052279_b.jpg

17083462290_41ff861094_b.jpg

16650781003_8472ceface_b.jpg

17083463990_9180d52afc_b.jpg

17084813949_5f41cecab7_b.jpg

17083236938_8c774a777f_b.jpg

17063604267_e793f16976_b.jpg

I agree, this picture looks awesome. Must... resist... urge... to buy this. :thud:

Its a winner and the one I'm sticking with vs picking up the 43, I may be in for the 45 though depending on how it looks.

Great gallery of shots, Skull....this figure still impresses....

Thank you sir, I'm still digging it:hi5:

I finally picked one of these up and love it. Everything about this figure is great. I kind of want two of them. One for the clean version and one for Battle damaged. They both look so great.

Here is the custom I finished today. I put a picture of the original next to the first picture to show the weird yellow gold that is not movie accurate. I repainted both yellow and red before the actual weathering could begin

Attachments

• IMG_6393.jpg
    IMG_6393.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_6400.jpg
    IMG_6400.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg