1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap Drats, even the new guys are getting it... :lol Good job!

If you swap Tony's helmeted head w/ the faceplate up on that, are you able to see his face looking straight on or would you have to look from a low angle?

I don't think the head tilts back far enough. I think one reviewer, maybe it was Optibotimus, said the Tony head actually sits a little lower on the neck than the helmeted one.

Unfortunately I'm having a bit of an issue with Sideshow's support on this piece. A few of my armor pieces had scratches in the plastic/paint and they basically told me they couldn't guarantee me pieces that weren't damaged.

Since when is that a thing Sideshow replies with?

Unfortunately I'm having a bit of an issue with Sideshow's support on this piece. A few of my armor pieces had scratches in the plastic/paint and they basically told me they couldn't guarantee me pieces that weren't damaged.

Since when is that a thing Sideshow replies with?

Since collectors started to complain about imperfections on their shippers.

Shippers.

I just got my mark 42 yesterday. Absolutely beautiful figure but mine has one major flaw - FLOPPY ARM (Left)- it just cannot stay up !!

For those interested to 'fix' this floppy arms, you can try my way. First you will need the following :-

1) Precision screw driver - a must if you don't want to 'screw up' those tiny hot toys screw !
2) Finger nail - other than pricking your nose....it work wonders on prying plastics/rubber !
3) Guts - lots of it !!

First remove the whole arm assembly from the socket. If you didn't already know it is just a ball joint....so just yank it out in a 'gentle' manner.
(Disclaimer : Don't come looking for me if you break your figure ! :)

20141010_222634 (Medium).jpg

What you want to do now is basically just to remove the rubber piece as shown on the pic by using your finger nail! This rubber piece is just glued on so it is quite easy to remove.

20141010_222816 (Medium).jpg

NOTE : The removal of shoulder armour is not necessary actually. I did it because at that time I didn't know how it works. But it does gives you a clearer view on what you are doing.

20141010_224302 (Medium).jpg

By now you will have noticed there is a screw sitting right in the middle of it. Just tighten the screw a little and your floppy arm is now miraculously cured !!

Put a tiny drop of glue on the original glue mark, secure the rubber piece on the original position and you are good to GO !

20141010_224359 (Medium).jpg

And now both arms stay up just perfectly !!

20141010_230839 (Medium).jpg

Hope this helps folks !!

Cheers !

I just got my mark 42 yesterday. Absolutely beautiful figure but mine has one major flaw - FLOPPY ARM (Left)- it just cannot stay up !!

For those interested to 'fix' this floppy arms, you can try my way. First you will need the following :-

1) Precision screw driver - a must if you don't want to 'screw up' those tiny hot toys screw !
2) Finger nail - other than pricking your nose....it work wonders on prying plastics/rubber !
3) Guts - lots of it !!

First remove the whole arm assembly from the socket. If you didn't already know it is just a ball joint....so just yank it out in a 'gentle' manner.
(Disclaimer : Don't come looking for me if you break your figure ! :)

View attachment 138879

What you want to do now is basically just to remove the rubber piece as shown on the pic by using your finger nail! This rubber piece is just glued on so it is quite easy to remove.

View attachment 138883

NOTE : The removal of shoulder armour is not necessary actually. I did it because at that time I didn't know how it works. But it does gives you a clearer view on what you are doing.

View attachment 138884

By now you will have noticed there is a screw sitting right in the middle of it. Just tighten the screw a little and your floppy arm is now miraculously cured !!

Put a tiny drop of glue on the original glue mark, secure the rubber piece on the original position and you are good to GO !

View attachment 138886

And now both arms stay up just perfectly !!

View attachment 138887

Hope this helps folks !!

Cheers !

Ok, now I hope when mine comes in it has a loose arm so I can try this fix. :lol

image.jpg

This is my lame pose of my mark XLII and my Tony Stark figure. I was testing the lighted headset on Tony Stark. Tony is now back in the box as it is a Christmas gift from my GF. She won't let me have it until Christmas Day.

I did not know the Tony headset lights up! Does it or is it custom?

It was custom made in Hong Kong. I purchased it through eBay for $100.00usd. Sounds ridiculous I know but with the price of these figures that is the least I have spent when it comes to this hobby.

Can't believe Sideshow STILL hasn't gotten their next batch of these in. Getting impatient!

Yea it's crazy, I was told it would ship last week for 10/15 I heard there was a fire on the shipping dock which caused the delay. I ordered last month but I heard people who ordered 9 mo ago received the 1st batch you see in pics.

Ordered mine last Thursday from BBTS and got it yesterday. I am happy that there's nothing wrong with mine.

Ordered mine last Thursday from BBTS and got it yesterday. I am happy that there's nothing wrong with mine.

Wish mine would turn up pronto..., ordered mine in April last year, paid it off by August last year & still over a year later I'm waiting for my retailer to get it in stock. lol ;)

Back