1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mk42.jpg

Is it normal to have this discoloration above the arc reactor? It's like a darker gold painted on it. I looked at some other pictures and videos, some have them some don't.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that they're all supposed to be like that.

mk42.jpg

Is it normal to have this discoloration above the arc reactor? It's like a darker gold painted on it. I looked at some other pictures and videos, some have them some don't.
Shartimus Prime on YouTube noticed the same thing, I noticed my replacment had the same slight color variation from above and below the arc reactor. Also noticed discrepancies in the panel lines in the two Torsos only a weirdo like me would catch.

Mine is a bit like that too, but it doesn't bother me at all. Could it just be how the paint looks on plastic vs. Die cast?
cbde86c37eb92032e47985ebb6862e5b.jpg

d8460168c3a0ef0bc71ba86090e219da.jpg

Nah guys that off color Gold on the armor, is bare metal gold in the real armor from the movie, the other is painted gold. the whole armor has that detail, I rewatched the movie again and noticed that indeed they are two tone gold colors, one being more shiny(bare metal) the other painted.

Nah guys that off color Gold on the armor, is bare metal gold in the real armor from the movie, the other is painted gold. the whole armor has that detail, I rewatched the movie again and noticed that indeed they are two tone gold colors, one being more shiny(bare metal) the other painted.

I don't think you're seeing what I'm seeing. I isolated the area in this picture. As you can see, top half and lower half have 2 different colors. Can you guys check yours if it's like that?

mk42b.JPG

The color gold on diecast armor is not going to be the same as in plastic, hence the two tone difference

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

The color gold on diecast armor is not going to be the same as in plastic, hence the two tone difference

How is it possible to be both plastic and diecast in the same piece? I think you're still focusing on the detachable chest piece which isn't the spot I'm questioning.

Watch the movie and look at armor you will see the different tones, but then again look at saint seiya figures and look at how plastic and diecast armor under the same color change, from different surfaces.

I thought the xllii had gold silver and red paint scheme but looking at it under white light you can clearly notice that the armor has two gold tones, one being creamy gold the other darker, look at the shoulder pieces and clearly you can see it on the edges of it

If you think just one section has uneven paint then get a replacement. None I have seen have that section"fading" from one shade to the next. Actually, I dont even see it in your picture to be honest...

Yeah that's what I am saying, you really can't see anything wrong, the only defect I see on my figure is just a bubble in the paint from the factory but it's not a big deal to me I think

Just pretend is normal
7a8cfdfe56c2b60e10de70b2ef4898cc.jpg

b902acdfd81de73ee8bba7d45f0311f0.jpg

But yes it is there part of the battle damage

a1b073372e88de51d0fc2e4f90d16e5a.jpg

51d33ead8997accf3ee2893a675a0ccd.jpg

It makes more sense when you put the damage battle piece and see the black fade in the top

Back