1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so i'm kinda new here, don't have many hot toys but going to slowly expand,
Hi :)
But i just wanted to know, i preordered one of the mk xlii die cast figures, and i've just got a few questions like does anyone actually know when sideshow is gonna have these babies in stock? I admit i've been addicted and have been checking every day haha and what exactly is the problem with the arm joints? I've been hearing vague reports but i'm honestly scared that mine will have the problem

No one knows for sure on both accounts, Skim back through the pages of this thread and youll see a number of pics of the arm joint, apparently it was people playing too rough with their toys, however Hot toys seems to be fixing the arm joint so I am led to believe there was an actual issue with either the plastic or the design

No one knows for sure on both accounts, Skim back through the pages of this thread and youll see a number of pics of the arm joint, apparently it was people playing too rough with their toys, however Hot toys seems to be fixing the arm joint so I am led to believe there was an actual issue with either the plastic or the design

Oh well that sucks doesn't it. It should be alright with me since i'll only be having it either standing up or maybe in a landing pose nothing spectacular
I really hope they fix it.
And it DOESNT mean putting the figure back any further
God knows they've done that too much already

Those damn kids :cuss

Oh well that sucks doesn't it. It should be alright with me since i'll only be having it either standing up or maybe in a landing pose nothing spectacular
I really hope they fix it.
And it DOESNT mean putting the figure back any further
God knows they've done that too much already

As much as it sucks Id rather wait and get a solid product...

Well here you go bubs, straight from Howard's mouth via the latest HK Figure Club interview (credit Holo :hi5: ):

HKFC: Lately the hottest issue Ironman Mark 42 shoulder problem, care to explain what's going on there?
Howard: As soon as we found out about the issue through forums and facebook, we have already looked into it. We found out that there was an error in assembling that part and already increase manpower to supervise it. We have resolved this issue hence there aren't too many broken shoulders.

Also addressed of relevance was Pepper Potts and future IM3 armor releases :panic:

HKFC: Are you planning to produce all Mark 42 armors from Ironman?
Howard: We all know that most of the armors are consisted of other armors part, won't diminish that we might produce all them; those more distinctive individual armors will be produced but mostly in exclusive manner.

HKFC: As you know Pepper Potts is one of ironman series most anticipated character, when will she be revealed?

Howard: Head sculpt was completed but due to projects in hand, we could not squeeze time to paint it. We hoped to present and announce Pepper in a different way; at the moment plans aren't too concrete and we didn't want to rush it hence will try to complete other projects before hopping back to Pepper.

137.gif

Last edited:
Well here you go bubs, straight from Howard's mouth via the latest HK Figure Club interview (credit Holo :hi5: ):

HKFC: Lately the hottest issue Ironman Mark 42 shoulder problem, care to explain what's going on there?
Howard: As soon as we found out about the issue through forums and facebook, we have already looked into it. We found out that there was an error in assembling that part and already increase manpower to supervise it. We have resolved this issue hence there aren't too many broken shoulders.

Also addressed of relevance was Pepper Potts and future IM3 armor releases :panic:

Howard: We all know that most of the armors are consisted of other armors part, won't diminish that we might produce all them; those more distinctive individual armors will be produced but mostly in exclusive manner.

HKFC: As you know Pepper Potts is one of ironman series most anticipated character, when will she be revealed?

Howard: Head sculpt was completed but due to projects in hand, we could not squeeze time to paint it. We hoped to present and announce Pepper in a different way; at the moment plans aren't too concrete and we didn't want to rush it hence will try to complete other projects before hopping back to Pepper.

Good to hear! Which revelation most excites you?

Good to hear! Which revelation most excites you?

Pepper and it isn't even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 42 could have a bum shoulder and that wouldn't change my mind one bit. I typically don't go pose happy with my figs so avoiding 1 arm is a cinch and not a deal breaker.

The IM3 armor news doesn't surprise me, I'm pretty sure I had a bet with Mr Walker they would make them all anyway. :lol

137.gif
YESSSS FTW shoulders getting fixed!!'
reckon there will be a mk42 helmeted pepper head maybe?

That explains the delay in MK 42 shipments getting here is the US...wonder how much longer?

That explains the delay in MK 42 shipments getting here is the US...wonder how much longer?

Yeah i hope not much longer, i'm down in Australia so it'll probably be longer for me, will be worth the wait though XD

Personally I am hoping that I get a defective Mk 42, so SSC can replace it and order me to destroy the first one.

I'll then beat the first one to a pulp, but use all of the pieces to recreate the "prodigal son returns / whatever" scene from the movie.

Or I could buy a 1/6 bed and recreate the nightmare scene.

Back