1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this wouldn't have been pushed back to the summer. I'm really anticipating this figure especially after seeing how well the War Machine Mark II came out. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to order the Silver Centurion too.

^^^^ You can't have War Machine without all the guns coming out of his armor. Especially that minigun! The new one only has some shoulder cannon (that I don't recall him ever using...) and a small forearm blaster thing.... sorry... I want the minigun, 2 forearm assault rifles/SMGs, shoulder missiles, and hell, the Ex-Wife fail. :yess:

I agree but love the look of the new one also. I have both War Machines and they look bad@$$ together! The new one is like a F-22 and the old one is like an A-10. Looking forward to IP and 42 joining the team.

^^^^ Hahaha, I love that analogy!!! :clap :yess: The Mk2 is definitely sleeker, and I'm not knocking it at all, it looks cool and it's articulation is amazing, wish Mk1 had that range of movement for posing. But yeah, I'd definitely prefer to classic look more, just because almost every iteration of the character I've seen has him locked and loaded with guns coming out from everywhere when he's in "assault mode", like in MvC.

I'm still on the fence about this figure, only because I have too many preorders this year, lol.. I just bought the wm2 off impulse after watching Paul's review, that figure is sooo sweet!!

Finally finished reading all 190 pages. :D

I'm interested in this figure specially since I'm thinking this would go perfect with the latest mech test Stark.

However, looking back at the past IM releases, this armor does seem like a downgrade in terms of features. Maybe the price increase came from the die-cast parts and extra engineering for the new articulation, but I do feel a bit skeptical with the general lack of features from this armor. But that's a given, since the armor never really got to show-off its real potential in the film (only its repulsors were working). But I wished they at least made all of the flaps shown on the AF1 scene deployable on this figure. A bonus would have been to have that flash-bang he gave to that kid.

Anyway, I'm still on the ropes with this. It's either I get this, or a sealed MarkII AU from a friend.

That would have been cool, although I'm not sure if I would have used it that often. I'm sort of surprised that this figure didn't come with an exclusive of some sort.

They might release it on Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Pepper Potts figure as an accessories....or an exclusive of it

Back