1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you change the white lights in the eyes and arc reactor to blue lights? I wanna do that with my 43 when it comes, did you change the hand lights too?

I didnt change the lights, I think it was just a lucky camera angle and lens :)

Yeah that effect is cool. Come to think of it, I was watching one on eBay a number of months ago, almost bought it, still have it in my ended items lol! Can't bare to remove it. Not sure if you were the buyer or seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was me, Kinda wish I hadnt got rid of it, but can always do another, Had a few people asking me to paint theirs for them! :rotfl

:exactly: Mark is going to have start posting Youtube video tutorials of how he does these. They are the best.
Thanks everybody! I don't know that I could ever do a proper video. I just jump in and tackle a project like this after planning it in my head. One minute I'm working on it while I'm on the floor, then move to the drawing table...then over the the computer desk and back!

How did you change the white lights in the eyes and arc reactor to blue lights? I wanna do that with my 43 when it comes, did you change the hand lights too?
Pick up some semi-transparent post its. Cut a 7/16" circle (get a circle template) out and just place it on top of the AR. It's thin enough fit it under the lip of the plastic and it will stay. No gluing, etc. Easily reversible.

b2.jpg

e5.jpg

e28.jpg

On the 42, it's still very bright. I put paper over the AR and the eyes (evens out the light on the 42) instead. If you're not going to be keeping the batteries in your figure or using the lights, it looks nicer than a dark space. If you ARE going to use the lights it looks great, coming through the paper. Plain, white paper.

Paper Light Off:

f4_paper.jpg

Paper Light On:
f6.jpg

Thanks everybody! I don't know that I could ever do a proper video. I just jump in and tackle a project like this after planning it in my head. One minute I'm working on it while I'm on the floor, then move to the drawing table...then over the the computer desk and back!

:lol What you'll have to do is mount a camera looking down from the ceiling and just hit record. When you're done just speed it up 10x from start to finish. :lol

Just received my 42 today, such a great looking piece. I wasn't fond of how the 45 came out and I just preferred this colour scheme on the armour over the 43. Can't wait to take more shots of this.

image.jpg

I don't get why there are so much hate on Mark 42 out there, for me Mark 42 is my top 3 Iron man armor alongside Mark 6 and Mark 7.

I don't get why there are so much hate on Mark 42 out there, for me Mark 42 is my top 3 Iron man armor alongside Mark 6 and Mark 7.
Those would be my Top 3 as well.
It's all in people's minds ;)
Iron Man was "Gold" before he ever had any Red on him. I love the classic Red/Gold scheme...but not with a dominate Red on the 42.
Hot Toys' MIDAS is pretty damn popular...NO Red whatsoever...but it was an exclusive. If the 42 was an exclusive... (you get my meaning).
A lot of people think of this as a "joke" armor, because of it's 'failings' in the film. I think this suit had the most personality that we've EVER seen in ANY of the films.

Iron Man was "Gold" before he ever had any Red on him. I love the classic Red/Gold scheme...but not with a dominate Red on the 42.
Hot Toys' MIDAS is pretty damn popular...NO Red whatsoever...but it was an exclusive. If the 42 was an exclusive... (you get my meaning).
A lot of people think of this as a "joke" armor, because of it's 'failings' in the film. I think this suit had the most personality that we've EVER seen in ANY of the films.

:goodpost: Completely agreed. It kept falling apart, but for me, that gave the suit a lot of charm (and personality).

And my top three are pretty similar- just swap out the Mark 6 for the Mark 3 (though the Mark 2 is pretty close).

:goodpost: Completely agreed. It kept falling apart, but for me, that gave the suit a lot of charm (and personality).

And my top three are pretty similar- just swap out the Mark 6 for the Mark 3 (though the Mark 2 is pretty close).

When it responded to Tony's nightmares, almost pounding Pepper into jelly...well...that made the suit a little scary. I loved that scene.

Totally agreed. This suit looks like it is a man in itself even without Tony and it features throughout the movie.

I thought i was the only one who loves the 42 for the whole personality thing!
and in my opinion it has one of the last great 'suit up' scenes, as he gets in and out of the darn thing so much these days its not much of a spectacle anymore!

Hated and still hate the armour segments flying separately. Don't really like the film but don't hate the 42 itself.

I thought it was awesome when he suited up in the 42 when the mansion was getting attacked ... and then was dissappointed that he basically got his ass handed to him when I think the Mark VII would've made easy work of all 3 choppers.

And yea it was a prototype that wasn't combat ready but I still prefer my primary armors to be predominantly red.

I thought it was awesome when he suited up in the 42 when the mansion was getting attacked ... and then was dissappointed that he basically got his ass handed to him when I think the Mark VII would've made easy work of all 3 choppers.

And yea it was a prototype that wasn't combat ready but I still prefer my primary armors to be predominantly red.
...which I think looks GREAT on armors like the Mark 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc...but not on the 42 (43).

Back