1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's bad news! I'll see how it goes on Monday when they open. In the mean time I'm uploading the video of the unboxing to youtube. I'll link it after and maybe you guys can help me find the piece haha. I wonder how that sideshow policy will work in my case. I didn't purchase directly through sideshow but the store I bought it from bought directly from sideshow. Wholesale I believe.

https://youtu.be/ktfdI3Au-Uk?t=2m55s

You can see the missing piece at (right foot - left side) at 3:00-3:07 but it's a little hard to see.

Before toddler
PKb7kzy.png

After toddler
xl38G4f.jpg

SJicq4x.jpg

Yes, I did search for the missing piece. I also went back and look at my unboxing video and that piece wasn't there from the start. I wouldn't mind if the piece was fallen off since I can just glue it back but a missing piece is unacceptable.

I think I know where all these defective figures are coming from. They're all probably from the same ONE person, maybe some Manger's nephew or something over at Hot Toys Hahaha...

Well that's bad news! I'll see how it goes on Monday when they open. In the mean time I'm uploading the video of the unboxing to youtube. I'll link it after and maybe you guys can help me find the piece haha. I wonder how that sideshow policy will work in my case. I didn't purchase directly through sideshow but the store I bought it from bought directly from sideshow. Wholesale I believe.

https://youtu.be/ktfdI3Au-Uk?t=2m55s

You can see the missing piece at (right foot - left side) at 3:00-3:07 but it's a little hard to see.

xl38G4f.jpg

SJicq4x.jpg

Nothing appears to drop off the figure's feet as you remove it from the box, or be left behind in the box, when you pick the figure up. :(

My Iron Man arrived with a missing piece on the right foot. I ordered from a sideshow official dealer (lookout toys) so will they be able to replace it? I didn't notice it till I inspect the figure carefully. I do have a video of an unboxing! I'll call Sideshow on Monday when they're open. Any tips as to what I should say? I'll also contact lookout toys.

0bStF0M.jpg

I had that, it was in the box so I just glued it back on....

I had that, it was in the box so I just glued it back on....

I really wish that was my case! Mine wasn't even in the box. I checked between the battle damaged pieces but its not there. I've been rewatching my video several time with the speed set to 0.25 :gah:

These figures are getting to be so hit and miss it's a gamble buying through an "unauthorised" distributor.

Best advice I could give a potential buyer is get a figure ESPECIALLY this figure from a retailer, like BBTS, Sideshow, Urban Samurai etc....With an eBay seller you never know if it's a Brick and Mortar or some guy selling a couple things off. Also, usually with eBay you have to pay return shipping which makes my nuts ache when I think about it. And NEVER I mean NEVER EVER do preorders through eBay! I waited over a year for a fully paid preorder that never came. EBay said "we'll get your funds back THIS time, but your on your own next time" as their policy is 45 days to open a case after payment is sent. So buyer be ware....

Best advice I could give a potential buyer is get a figure ESPECIALLY this figure from a retailer, like BBTS, Sideshow, Urban Samurai etc....With an eBay seller you never know if it's a Brick and Mortar or some guy selling a couple things off. Also, usually with eBay you have to pay return shipping which makes my nuts ache when I think about it.

Id say just SS... I remeber when the mk 7 hit BBTS screw some people over with replacements, its was a small mess

Honestly I'm due to get a replacement Torso and Left Arm in two separate orders. Outside of total dog **** parts I'll accept something better then what I've got now.... Sideshow have been great so far, my Rep even ACTUALLY called me before the part(s) were shipped out to confirm everything was correct, which was unexpected and VERY reassuring and blew my mind!! That call made me a LIFETIME customer...

Back