1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the figure is facing me the right arm was great can freely move front, side extend shoulder, raise hand, but the left, it was stiff but move slowly then when i try to do the extend shoulder articulation, snapped, so i guess the clear plastic socket i have was a defect since the purpose of articulation is to move that part thats why its called action figure, anyway i hope they could replace it or repair that section coz im willing to wait since this is still an incredible figure

Got to open mine up and play around with it a bit. Great figure all in all. No major arm or any other issues though the right arm did pop out with just some minor movements. Really like the BD parts more than I thought but the armor on the left forearm doesn't clamp together all that tightly. And the mask for the Stark sculpt doesn't seem to stay up very high so it shadows his face quite a bit. All in all though pretty great figure, especially next to Iron Patriot.

So I had my 42 in a statue pose. When I look at it straight on, I can tell the right arm (my left) sticks out further then his left. Looking at it from above, you can see how the right shoulder pad is further form the torso then the left shoulder. Very minor. As if the shoulder doesn't sit far enough into the socket. Not broken though. It just bugs my OCD. Left arm and right arm move fine, left is just more stiff when I move it.

Good day i just recieve my figure today
And while i was testing all the shoulder articulation of this figure, since it have some issues in the past i carefully move the front swivel joint articulation and suddenly it snapped, this what its look like, i did my out most care to move this figure, the clear plastic that hold the ball joint arms and the swivel cracked and snapped,
https://postimg.org/image/5vui02o9r/
https://postimg.org/image/mgkku9oq9/
https://postimg.org/image/vxjksdnch/

That's a new one, you pulled the entire thing out of the torso? I have a hard time believing you were careful but I'll take your word for it. Just exchange it for a new one b/c that thing is ****ed.

Its kinda weird when another fellow collector experiences difficulty with shoddy products that other collectors will start blaming him/her. Your basically doing Sideshow and Hot toys' job for them.

I may be passing on this fig. Reading through this thread does not fill me with comfort about the build quality of the figure. I really wanted it too.

I may be passing on this fig. Reading through this thread does not fill me with comfort about the build quality of the figure. I really wanted it too.

Don't let the fact that the arm may fall off, or it may come with paint chips or the lights may not work, or cog might be warped or that the helmet may become unglued exposing the electronics sway you, it's still a great figure;)

I can say I am happy with this figure. Looks and feels great. Don't know if there were problems with War Machine. As I am new to this hobby (<1 year), I am surprised at the issues I see/have seen with an array of figures. I discovered HT when I first investigated getting statues of IM. As I dug into the hobby I kept reading about various figures' shoulder issues, uniform issues, head sculpt issues pink panty armor issues, etc. With only 3 figures so far, it is a little nerve racking to know I may spend upwards of $250, and get a less then stellar product (which is why I am currently avoiding any orders and have no PO). The issues with my 42 are minor. But ever since I joined this website, it is disappointing to hear people buying products and getting shoddy materials? Is this a case of a company getting to big, to popular to fast? Ironically my HT Tony Stark Mk 42 test version had no issues. Maybe he can fix my die cast figure.

^^ Nice shelf. :duff

Thanks Jimmie! :duff

Cool pic. Is that a Detolf? Holy crap, those bases are big.

Thanks! Yep Detolf. The bases are very big but probably a good thing with how hefty these die casts are. Robocop needs something similar no doubt!

Awesomeness:clap

I got IP coming Monday, love the way those two look together, BTW it was you that was not excited to get your 42 right, so whatcha think now that you got him in hand?

Thanks Skull! You'll love IP. The paint job and Rhodey sculpt are just awesome. And I'm definitely happy with the 42! Really great looking figure. I was definitely more frustrated with the delays from SS and all the QC horror stories but I got a good one here luckily. I do still need to test the lights though. Really great suit and at least until the die cast Mark III comes out this is the nicest IM fig IMO. The thing with the die cast ones is once you get these it's hard to look at plastic IM figs the same way. The heft and posing ability are just so impressive.

Back