1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to mine, I try to stay out of threads of figures I'm interested in for the most part, I pop in at the announcement with a comment or two, then wait til the reviews hit YouTube. I think if you hang out in a thread awaiting a figure for 6 months to year you can get bored by the time it actually ships.

Yea the threads can discourage sometimes. I have gone back and forth on a few figs because of the threads.:dunno

Yeah I just wanted to drop this one, I never liked the suit to begin with.... and with the AOU suit looking incredibly similar to this with less Gold(which is the main reason I dislike this one) I just decided I would cancel this... but its got nothing to do with the arm issue or the diecast....

Also I could use a new keyboard :dunno

That settles it, get the AoU version instead.

Still not sure if I'm keeping this. Wish I hadn't flexed. Would have just cancelled it if I hadn't. Should be able to return it when I receive it though. It would be weird having just this and Mk7, having sold my IP, WM and Mk2.

This is the only armor from IM3 I wanted. The others are just nice additions. I wish they had done the new mark III like this one with BD and all. But Nooooooooo.

Still not sure if I'm keeping this. Wish I hadn't flexed. Would have just cancelled it if I hadn't. Should be able to return it when I receive it though. It would be weird having just this and Mk7, having sold my IP, WM and Mk2.

Is it easy to return for no reason with SSC? Do u get money back or store credit? I'm thinking about waiting for AoU Mk 43 (Die cast :pray:)

Is it easy to return for no reason with SSC? Do u get money back or store credit? I'm thinking about waiting for AoU Mk 43 (Die cast :pray:)

I think if there is something wrong with it they are good about returns. It's usually not too hard to find something wrong with one of these lol.

You can return it without anything being wrong with it but you will have to pay the shipping. If there is a defect they will pay the return shipping.

Would any of you be upset if they release a battle damaged version?

Not really, but if they did it would not likely be diecast, I noticed that all the battle damaged parts on this version are plastic, likely due to it being easier sculpt and cast the fine detail in plastic then diecast, so if the whole figure was battle damaged it would most likely have to be plastic.

Hi folks, new to the forums but been collecting Hot Toys for over a year now. I've also got my notice and can't wait to receive mines. So only YouTube reviews got the Mk XLII?

On the note of upcoming armors and old ones, since the Mark VII was featured in Iron Man 3, we could see it again. Maybe in Diecast form. The Mark VI got a re-release in The Avengers line after all (alebit limited ) and the Mark II got an entirely new model in the Iron Man 2 line. The Mark I's re-release was simply an upgrade, nothing to do with the later movies.

and even then, since some armors had little screen time it could happen :lol I think it wouldn't even be that bad, I know a lot of people missed out on the Mark VII easily (myself included, got very lucky with a fellow freak on here!) so it'd be great. I don't see a battle damaged Mark 42 coming, I don't think it's that damaged enough at the end to justify it even for HT standards. The Mark VII and III were highly wrecked enough to justify it imo, though the VII was a little overpriced in comparison.

And is one of less fight action in an iron man movie. Ok he throw a piano, goes swimming, break away, fly a little bit and break again. :rotfl

I get what people are saying about the Mark 42, but i love how it almost has its own sense of character :rotfl

Back