1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3ery3yba.jpg

With this, Hulk, Thor, and Black Widow all coming in within the next month or so, I NEED to get some form of Cap pronto:panic:

From what I read from a Chinese HT collectors forum, there have been several reports demonstrating that HT has indeed revised the arm in the first batch to Chinese mainland (usually released a few weeks after Hongkong) . None of them has any broken arm issue yet.
Here are the comparison pictures posted by collector miclun:
Before
before.jpg
After
after.jpg
The new batch only has one bush, which appears to be grey in the picture above, but I guess it's the lighting that caused the white-grey difference mentioned in previous posts. You may find the original post here.
Here are more links to posts by Chinese collectors who have got their new batch (I only list three below as others do not contain many pictures):
1. Collector 天堂杀猪的 (many pictures of different parts of the figure);
2. Collector mk42year (pictures of the instruction leaflet towards the bottom of first page);
3. Collector Exxxshaka.

They do mention that the boxes all have double seal tapes, which might suggest that these revised products had been opened, having the arms fixed and then repacked.

From what I read from a Chinese HT collectors forum, there have been several reports demonstrating that HT has indeed revised the arm in the first batch to Chinese mainland (usually released a few weeks after Hongkong) . None of them has any broken arm issue yet.
Before
View attachment 124190
After
View attachment 124191
The new batch only has one bush, which appears to be grey in the picture above, but I guess it's the lighting that caused the white-grey difference mentioned in previous posts. You may find the original post here.
Here are more links to posts by Chinese collectors who have got their new batch (I only list three below as others do not contain many pictures):
2. Collector mk42year (pictures of the instruction leaflet towards the bottom of first page);
3. Collector Exxxshaka.

They do mention that the boxes all have double seal tapes, which might suggest that these revised products had been opened, having the arms fixed and then repacked.

Its nice to hear hts actually fixing a problem before it becomes a huge mess. Unlike what is apparently happening with ED209.

Before
View attachment 124190
After
View attachment 124191
3. Collector Exxxshaka.

Wow that would be awesome if they were able to fix the issue that quickly!!!:clap

Before
View attachment 124190
After
View attachment 124191
3. Collector Exxxshaka.

Thanks for that post and pics, Cyclonus6 ..its good to be getting some additional information on the alleged hot-fix.. its certainly starting to look as though HT have modified the shoulder articulation and the double seals does suggest they have removed figures from the boxes, to do it..hopefully figures shipping to the US and Europe will feature this amended version of the articulation.

Before
View attachment 124190
After
View attachment 124191
3. Collector Exxxshaka.

Thank for this post it helps a lot now I hope the SS batch is updated with the new fix. I am not really sure when we will be getting this figure in thor was delayed 6 weeks and I really would expect SS to get Harlock and Silver Centurion first and as of yet we have yet to hear anything

I had a look at the joint it has tge two rubber rings on each side.
qepesy4a.jpg

Still seems to bend fine. It might be just a few defects?

Anyhow I took a few pictures:

amege8uz.jpg

tuvyvu7u.jpg
e9asyhet.jpg

I had a look at the joint it has tge two rubber rings on each side.
qepesy4a.jpg

Still seems to bend fine. It might be just a few defects?

Thanks for the pics, BuGz.. looks like you have the original articulation version, so its probably a good thing you were aware it needed to be posed carefully.

Are the rings on this figure somehow different that the ones from Iron Patriot? I wonder why they felt the need to change it.

dhg4jk.jpg

Are the rings on this figure somehow different that the ones from Iron Patriot? I wonder why they felt the need to change it.

dhg4jk.jpg

Thanks for the great close-up pic, Royce12.. the Iron Patriot inner pivot mechanism does look similar, to the one on the original Mk42 articulation, it certainly appears to have two inner bushes.. so maybe HT changed something about the outer (silver in your pic) part of the mechanism, or the way those two parts connected.
:dunno

dhg4jk.jpg

Well looks like they revised it for the second batch. Instead of two plastic rings they made it into one solid ring instead. Should help with the pressure that's being put to the joint.

10547508_688243551259883_3327181621841589264_n.jpg

Putting these two pics together, the main thing that seems to be different, is that the Mk42 articulation appears to have recesses molded into the area where the inner and outer mechanisms connect, which do not appear to exist on the Iron Patriot articulation mechanism.

I have added an extra arrow (lower left) to indicate the area that I mean -

So hopefully the SSC batch will have the fix to it, Im glad that we havent received an instock soon notice so the chances of us getting the fixed version is pretty high.

Back