1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would depend on whether the figures were already assembled or not. And if anything within the joint would need to be changed, to accommodate the upgrade. Generally HT pieces are like incredibly well engineered jigsaw pieces... you can't just take something out.

Since I do not possess the figure yet and shipping in the UK is listed as 15th September, I cannot confirm or disprove Davehammer's report.. which is why I littered my comments with 'if', 'seems', 'appears' etc.. but we should probably know one way or the other, before I have to raid my piggy bank.. perhaps.. maybe.

It is also worth remembering that Davehammer was cautious about the information and pointed out the translation left a lot to be desired.. indeed this entire situation is anecdotal, it is entirely possible that the number of whingers is not reflective of the production run and the anecdotal evidence does not amount to any more than a few faulty figures and the rest are due to collectors failing to rtfm on the new articulation.. anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.. and its a double-edged sword.

There is a report that Hot Toys has revised the later batch of Mark 42!

sigpic14924_47.gif

There is a report that Hot Toys has revised the later batch of Mark 42!

Here is a rough google translation:

"Hottoys alloy MK42 point and no improvement in the second batch of Figure Review

Yesterday by SEAN JOB brother pointing, go home one to see, the original MK42 second batch of goods increased from two to a single lap cushion, reducing stress, I believe on the Department of HOTTOYS broken hand and asked for solutions.

Between the joints to see the young scar patterns do not believe the rift, but tired at the ball joint like the following figure, flowing lines forming.

Brother get back playing after a lot of action, but also really smooth lines, no problem, I hope there will not be trouble enough."

pic and credit goes to catcat of Toys Daily

original topic's here

https://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-226342-1-1.html

Lets hope that works. Its kind of weird though at this point I don't think HT guys have the time to go fixing arms... its weird to think of HT actually fixing a figure that is already being distributed

Lets hope that works. Its kind of weird though at this point I don't think HT guys have the time to go fixing arms... its weird to think of HT actually fixing a figure that is already being distributed

These are being made in batches. Even though the 1st batch was completed, they are still making them for other countries and make extra for replacements. The link above indicated that it's a second batch with a single washer instead of double. The owner also mentioned that there were some glue marks on the figure.

These are being made in batches. Even though the 1st batch was completed, they are still making them for other countries and make extra for replacements. The link above indicated that it's a second batch with a single washer instead of double. The owner also mentioned that there were some glue marks on the figure.

.... I hope mine has the fixed arms then, either way I won't be too rough with it

Last edited:

Their is a huge gaping hole in that logic, but whatever people want to bieber that's just fine.
:lol

Still have to get down and review this guy work is keeping me busy for now.
He is a very impressive figure. Had a quick look at the Battle damage extra parts are so detailed.
I'll have my proper review up tomorrow guys!
Have a quick picture in the meantime
ygytu4ab.jpg

The colour is the exact same as in the film. It's just the flash and lighting. Don't judge it by the way it looks via picture etc. In hand this figure is incredible. You got to believe me.
Buy it. It's worth it.

Back