1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the need to worry if you are buying from SSC or any reputable source. If this breaks when I pose it (it's an action figure, it's getting posed) back it goes. Simple as that.

Come on now don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel!

:lol Sorry, but after 14 years of making figures - Hot Toys should be better than this in terms of production. The Mark XLII seems like an engineering marvel in terms of functionality, I'd say easily the most impressive to date, but whatever amateur responsible for bringing these things to production who signed off on that grey plastic piece needs to find another line of work.

I don't see the need to worry if you are buying from SSC or any reputable source. If this breaks when I pose it (it's an action figure, it's getting posed) back it goes. Simple as that.
I'd generally agree with you, but what happens if it breaks twelve months from now when I decide to repose the figure? That's my true fear.

:lol Sorry, but after 14 years of making figures - Hot Toys should be better than this in terms of production. The Mark XLII seems like an engineering marvel in terms of functionality, I'd say easily the most impressive to date, but whatever amateur responsible for bringing these things to production who signed off on that grey plastic piece needs to find another line of work.

:rotfl No worries I agree with you :hi5:

I'd generally agree with you, but what happens if it breaks twelve months from now when I decide to repose the figure? That's my true fear.

Valid concern there.

SSC is honoring a return on my ED208 after 2 and a half months because of the faulty rubber minus shipping.

I think everyone should try to pose this guy just like any other figure. It's a diecast IM that should hold better than the plastic ones, right?

I think everyone should try to pose this guy just like any other figure. It's a diecast IM that should hold better than the plastic ones, right?
I agree. I'm certainly not going to "leave it in museum pose" out of fear that it might break; if he's going to break - I want it to happen while I can still return it, and I'd rather not have the figure than spend $300 and permanently leave his arms at his sides.

I agree. I'm certainly not going to "leave it in museum pose" out of fear that it might break; if he's going to break - I want it to happen while I can still return it, and I'd rather not have the figure than spend $300 and permanently leave his arms at his sides.

Yep. I'll be super gentle while posing him but he's getting moved a lot the first few weeks I get him. Needs to break sooner rather than later if he's going to.

If your buying an articulated figure with anxiety about the articulation, it begs the question why not just buy the power pose mark 42?

Back