1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's terrible that some arm joints are breaking. My M42 has shipped out today so I'll check it out once it arrives and let you guys know what the joints are like. Hopefully it should be okay.
I'm just wondering if maybe there breaking due to the plastic being cold? Who knows - but like I said, I will check mine out when he arrives Wed/Thurs.

Cold? It's hot as hell in Hong Kong lol Most likely the weight of diecast stressing the plastic joints. But it's weird IP and WM did not have this problem.

Cold? It's hot as hell in Hong Kong lol Most likely the weight of diecast stressing the plastic joints. But it's weird IP and WM did not have this problem.
Lol I didn't know that! [emoji6] just trying to figure out why they are breaking.
The IP & WM joints are completely different from M42. They seem more durable.

In OMG's photo review of the figure, he removed an arm but I do not remember him making any comment regarding the joint looking damaged.. I would certainly value his opinion on the subject.

i wonder if you can loosen the screw (or bolt) that holds the joint together a little to take some of the pressure off?
I wonder. Could the actual screws be screwed in too tight causing pressure on the joints? I'll have a look when mine arrives. [emoji106]

Oh no! We're up to five or six different reports of damage! And one guy knew his was broken without touching or looking at it! Lol hell I might as well say that I know mine is broken already and start complaining and I haven't even ordered one yet lol

I was just being sarcastic lol.

Were you? WERE YOU?
sheldoncooper1.jpg

More reports of the arm breaking, mostly in the same area

This is definitely not an isolated incident.
A lot of different Toys Daily posters reporting damaged/broken MK42 arms said they were aware of how flimsy the shoulder joints are and were already super careful with them, yet they still managed to break it.
Though there are people who have been posing and playing around with their with no problem.
Either way... I'm very skeptical and probably won't open mine :(

That grey piece of plastic that's breaking looks like some terribly brittle, bottom-shelf, poorly engineered **** right there.

Back