1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a wonky internet connection right now so I couldn't load up the YouTube video. How far does the head tilt back? Is it just like the IP or is it as flexible as the Mk.VII? Are the flaps on the back the only working flaps on the figure? From OMG's pics, it seemed like the calves could also open up (like in previous IM figures).

It seems like Hot Toys really outdid itself with this one. It's so movie accurate, it even got the falling apart feature right. :D (Just kidding so please don't burn me at the stake!) In all honesty, I really think this figure turned out great. If I could wish for anything more on the figure it would be for it to have the other airbrakes shown on the skydiving scene to be deployable too.

im not even budging till I know more about that arm issue, im not going to let HT pull another ED209 job on me.

What's wrong with the ED209?

I've got a wonky internet connection right now so I couldn't load up the YouTube video. How far does the head tilt back? Is it just like the IP or is it as flexible as the Mk.VII? Are the flaps on the back the only working flaps on the figure? From OMG's pics, it seemed like the calves could also open up (like in previous IM figures).

It seems like Hot Toys really outdid itself with this one. It's so movie accurate, it even got the falling apart feature right. :D (Just kidding so please don't burn me at the stake!) In all honesty, I really think this figure turned out great. If I could wish for anything more on the figure it would be for it to have the other airbrakes shown on the skydiving scene to be deployable too.

What's wrong with the ED209?

The rubber dome is bad again and for 400$ that's just unacceptable. So for this guy to be breaking at another 300$+
im not pulling the trigger till I know its safe.

Just the ones from Facebook. ClipperKing has been posing and posing this guy and he hasn't mentioned any problems so I honestly don't know how valid the issues are
Some thing to look out for the pics on Facebook showed the wrapper still on the figure meaning it was damaged in the box. It would be a shame if this thing is messed up I think the proper way to move it would be at the shoulder instead of the arms to move the whole joint and not the lower half putting extra strain on it

Some thing to look out for the pics on Facebook showed the wrapper still on the figure meaning it was damaged in the box. It would be a shame if this thing is messed up I think the proper way to move it would be at the shoulder instead of the arms to move the whole joint and not the lower half putting extra strain on it

The thing is we don't know what that guy was doing with his MK XLII. It may be a one time thing or huge issue. If people on here start having issues then I'll get concerned

The thing is we don't know what that guy was doing with his MK XLII. It may be a one time thing or huge issue. If people on here start having issues then I'll get concerned

Yeah I've yet to trust one of those photos :dunno Who knows how they broke it

I agree that we shouldn't immediately panic, but I would proceed with caution. When two pictures maybe even more are out already this soon after release I become curious. If broken shoulders become a trend then you have my attention, and I'll likely pass.

However, it may not even be a defect but instead a typically cautious collector exploring the vastly improved articulation of this figure with a "diecast induced" false sense of confidence in the figures overall integrity.

This figure does look fantastic for so many reasons though. It's going to take a whole lot of broken shoulder occurrences to hold me at bay.

All i can say is this isnt a spiderman shoulder issue where it seemed like everyone had one. These are isolated incidents

I agree that we shouldn't immediately panic, but I would proceed with caution. When two pictures maybe even more are out already this soon after release I become curious. If broken shoulders become a trend then you have my attention, and I'll likely pass.

However, it may not even be a defect but instead a typically cautious collector exploring the vastly improved articulation of this figure with a "diecast induced" false sense of confidence in the figures overall integrity.

This figure does look fantastic for so many reasons though. It's going to take a whole lot of broken shoulder occurrences to hold me at bay.

Exactly it could be any number of things combined. I am cautious about this as well but then again there isn't a figure I own that I am not cautious with or about when first released. If people here start having problems then I will get concerned but as of right now I am simply excited

I have a question about the shoulder gaps that show up in almost all of the pictures.. Is there a way to get it to lay flush and appear connected like it does in the proto shots and the power pose figure? That's the only bit that bugs me a little. It some shots it looks like a chunk of armor is missing..

Proto
e4ypa9ep.jpg

arydyhez.jpg

Power pose
8u8u9a4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those gaps annoy me too. Might just be a case of futzing. I hate the pictures where his arm is out wide and it seems to just be floating there by a tiny little connection - kills any realism.

Back