1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some people have money to burn

tumblr_mbt74cxtcn1rvmocro1_500.gif

I hope that arm joint doesn't break like the first batch of ASM Spidey's did. I'd feel bad for the guys who spent all that money on it to get a defective figure.

Wow. $310.00 price tag and it still has defects and QC problems? I wanted this to be a no brainer so I could justify buying it but now maybe I need to hold off. I held off on Harlock to see how this turns out so maybe I'll just pull the trigger on him. I hope everyone else's ends up being fine. Please let us all know if you get this and these same problems come up.

Hopefully better batches are coming to the US. A QC issue like that on ASM was bad enough. For $300+ it's completely unacceptable.

Wow. $310.00 price tag and it still has defects and QC problems? I wanted this to be a no brainer so I could justify buying it but now maybe I need to hold off. I held off on Harlock to see how this turns out so maybe I'll just pull the trigger on him. I hope everyone else's ends up being fine. Please let us all know if you get this and these same problems come up.

Not to mention the stupid long wait.

Oh man that really sucks - I had just decided on this over my Thor too:slap. I guess I will hold onto Thor this time around and wait for the Avengers Iron Man offering. Makes the decision easier I guess but I really did want to get this figure - loved the way he looks with the mechanic head.

Here is the 3rd one i've seen

10544370_10152194025053483_833611359824630956_n.jpg

I apologize, I am on vacation so haven't been keeping up with the threads. What is the QC issue with the arm?

The connection between the Body and the Arm is plastic. The Plastic piece is sandwiched between the metal, and if you rotate the arm too fast, or at the wrong angle, it will twist the plastic connector causing the joint to break.

I still don't understand the engineering for this joint. The Metal is so much heavier than the plastic, I wonder why that joint connector is made of plastic instead of metal too. This must have something to so with the Articulation they needed to achieve, and that's why they used plastic instead of a metal on metal joint. We wont know until the masses get this figure in hand to see what impact the plastic joint will cause. If there are too many reports of this happening then maybe they will offer a version 2 with a metal joint connector.

Last edited:
****ing great. I ordered this yesterday and now there seems to me mass hysteria about arms breaking.

I hate myself

The connection between the Body and the Arm is plastic. The Plastic piece is sandwiched between the metal, and if you rotate the arm too fast, or at the wrong angle, it will twist the plastic connector causing the joint to break.

I still don't understand the engineering for this joint. The Metal is so much heavier than the plastic, I wonder why that joint connector is made of plastic instead of metal too. This must have something to so with the Articulation they needed to achieve, and that's why they used plastic instead of a metal on metal joint. We wont know until the masses get this figure in hand to see what impact the plastic joint will cause. If there are too many reports of this happening then maybe they will offer a version 2 with a metal joint connector.

Thanks for the update.....ugh. I guess be extra careful and hope for the best

Thank you for being the first one to properly put the issue into words. Yep, it's a plastic piece within the metal that's to blame. But it's only been three reports so far, and we have no idea what conditions resulted in those damages. With the rest of us being able to learn from those people's mistakes, reading the instructions and being careful how we articulate the arm at the joint, I don't think it's going to be an issue.

Anyone remember the early reports of the first War Machine figure snapping in half at the waist? Turned out to be a non-issue once people knew to properly support the torso while articulating the figure, right?

Back