1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War- Rocket and Groot set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My single pack Groot from AlterEgo arrived last night. Literally as soon as I opened the box, a leg landed in my lap. I didn't even realize this was a common issue until I logged in here. WHAT THE HELL, Hot Toys?? :mad:

IMG_9266.JPG
IMG_9267.JPG

Got this set just in time with IW Thor on the way next month. Really excited now to display the Nidavellir Three!

It's useful to see how prevalent the leg issue is. Part of me was (probably irresponsibly) wondering if I could swing a Groot to go with IW Thor, but since it looks like a bit of a gamble whether you get a snapped joint or not, it doesn't seem worth the hassle, or at least not during this first batch.

My replacement split in the exact same spot. I will try to jerry rig a magnet solution to it. I plan to get a rare earth magnet the same size as the diameter of the post and the socket. Level both out appropriately and adhere one to the leg and to the hip joint. It'll be detachable of course but it will retain the rotation.

It’s crazy how many people have him broken. I’m so glade mine isn’t but because of this I’ll never move his legs.

Sucks about all the leg issues ... fortunately, I didn’t have that problem but I have seem to have lost 3 of the little twigs that go on Groot’s body. Kind of wish they packaged those better ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow is currently offering the Groot and Rocket set for $30 off with free US shipping with code FRIENDS30.

Single Groot is 10% off with free US shipping with code IAMGROOT.

Ordered the set. Couldn’t say no with the discount and free shipping!

Also $30 off and free shipping on Gladiator Hulk. Hot Toys must have made a ton of these and are trying to clear out some stock

Also $30 off and free shipping on Gladiator Hulk. Hot Toys must have made a ton of these and are trying to clear out some stock

Guess so. Just initiated a return on mine. Had some QC control issues but mainly hate the knees and how the weapons shred the inside of the hands meant to grip them.

I went to eBay for this set thinking I’d save a few bucks vs sideshow. Ordered Sunday . Of course the next morning ssc drops the spook code for this set. So still over paid and now no customer service or rewards.

Set delivered ok though. Whiskers a little crooked but otherwise still a nice set. Couldn’t have Thor return without these guys. Best scene in the movie if not the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was really debating getting Groot, but seeing all the issues people have had in here... Probably not worth the hassle.

I was informed by my LCS that SS has requested replacement bodies from HT directly because of the breakage. We will see how that works out.

Was really debating getting Groot, but seeing all the issues people have had in here... Probably not worth the hassle.

If you really want it, you should get it (from Sideshow directly if that's an option). People don't seem to be having any issues requesting replacement bodies. Sometimes it's actually easier when there's a (relatively) widespread issue like this since replacements will be made readily available and it's easier to report since they'll already know.

Kinda thinking about getting this with the Spooktacular offer. Pretty good deal overall and will go well with Thor.

If you really want it, you should get it (from Sideshow directly if that's an option). People don't seem to be having any issues requesting replacement bodies. Sometimes it's actually easier when there's a (relatively) widespread issue like this since replacements will be made readily available and it's easier to report since they'll already know.

Problem is, if he breaks somewhere down the line - say, three years from now, it'll be a real pain in the behind to get a replacement. I don't wanna drop a lot of money on a figure with a major QC issue. These things are just too expensive for this to happen. Shame.

my groot has a loose left leg, but nothing crazy left disintegration right out of the box.

my replacement 'body' just shipped for monday delivery. what comes as the replacement? just legs? body with legs? pics. specifics please.

Back