1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are moving way out of my league. How is this all in the same as a quarter scale mark 3 or more than the qs mark 43?

The only thing I can think of is that SS and HT are trying to get ahead of secondary market prices and wanting to scoop more of that premium up themselves.

Looking at the Mark 6 DC i paid a heavy premium on ebay because I stupidly missed it on PO. but 365 to 500 is one thing. I justified the premium with some comic sales.

Does this Mark 50 at 650 go to 1000 in secondary market? It’s getting like high end comics and cards except that eventually these figures don’t hold that value post hype.

I dont see the market for these expanding at these prices. How many 200 figures can us collectors unload at a discount to “upgrade” to these higher cost figures before we have to just inject new cash into the collection.

Where does this end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah...I actually considered buying the accessory pack until I saw the absurd price tag. I think I'll just do what others have suggested, wait until the individual pieces hit eBay. I'd much rather pay ~$25 for each of the three pieces that I want (energy sword, shield, and thruster) than pay nearly ten times that much for a bunch of stuff that I will never use.

Prices are moving way out of my league. How is this all in the same as a quarter scale mark 3 or more than the qs mark 43?

The only thing I can think of is that SS and HT are trying to get ahead of secondary market prices and wanting to scoop more of that premium up themselves.

Looking at the Mark 6 DC i paid a heavy premium on ebay because I stupidly missed it on PO. but 365 to 500 is one thing. I justified the premium with some comic sales.

Does this Mark 50 at 650 go to 1000 in secondary market? It’s getting like high end comics and cards except that eventually these figures don’t hold that value post hype.

I dont see the market for these expanding at these prices. How many 200 figures can us collectors unload at a discount to “upgrade” to these higher cost figures before we have to just inject new cash into the collection.

Where does this end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't end, which is exactly what Hot Toys wants… it is up to each collector to decide what is "worth" getting
and what to pass on. There is only so much disposable income people have, and eventually Hot Toys will price
themselves out of a core group of their collectors if they keep jumping the costs on everything like they are.

I think you will see a lot of people calling it quits if there are no longer $200 - $300 figures available.
If these increases bleed into figures past Iron Man, basic figures like Black Widow (for instance) jumping over $300, that will turn people off.

Am I the only person on here who ordered the accessory set? I scrolled back to when it was put up and didn't see anyone else say they ordered it. [emoji38]

Given the quality of some 3rd party products like tony stark heads for £15 i doubt it will be long before we see this set released or sold piecemeal & then i shall watch the youtube review & pounce.

Am I the only person on here who ordered the accessory set? I scrolled back to when it was put up and didn't see anyone else say they ordered it. [emoji38]

I'm still contemplating it. I have the MK50 pre-ordered with a NRD. I want the accessories but the price and the disappointing supposed exclusive edition is giving me second thoughts.

Man....I really wanted Iron Man and got excited when I saw this set, but pricing the ENTIRE set out is ridiculous! Not really much to say that everyone else hasn't already said. What's crazy is as someone who plays guitar as another side hobby, collecting Hot Toys is starting to cut into that budget and will probably end up getting cut at this rate! For the price of this set I could get a brand new guitar 😂

Waiting for some RPs to hit at the end of August then I'll order.... Not happy about the price but this and the mk7 (and who am I kidding probably the concept mk46) are my last iron man figures. So Gonna go out with a bang.

Could be. It's simply over-priced, and if you just hand them your money like that you're encouraging them.
I ordered something I wanted. It's not like whining about it on a forum will make a difference, they won't be lowering prices and someone else will buy it or they'll make less... It does suck that people are getting priced out, but that's not my fault or problem.

I ordered something I wanted. It's not like whining about it on a forum will make a difference, they won't be lowering prices and someone else will buy it or they'll make less... It does suck that people are getting priced out, but that's not my fault or problem.

:exactly::goodpost:

I’m not going to go through everything yet AGAIN... price increases is not isolated to just HT, there are so many factors involved.

It would be great if people would see the actual world market trends, China’s continually rising labor prices, luxury items not being subsidized, etc.

Last time I’m going to mention this.

(Yeah I know, everyone is probably happy:lol)

I ordered an accessory set and a second Mk L so I can display more than one look at a time :)

We collect toys that cost hundreds of dollars EACH. Most people would think we all need interventions.

Quite true. But very few of us spend $240 on accessories, then say we'll probably never use them. But I get where he's coming from - Motux has practically every Hot Toy ever produced, so he may have some he hasn't had time to even open yet. :lol

I ordered an accessory set and a second Mk L so I can display more than one look at a time :)

Nice! Not gonna lie, I considered this myself. I knew these accessories wouldn't come with another figure, but I kinda hoped they would for that reason.

Well, I think $400 for the actual figure is somewhat understandable, but $243 for the accessory kit does seem pretty high. Just last year I got Doctor Strange for less than that (one example, there were a lot of others I think that came with a lot of accessories and seemed fairly complicated to produce).

Back