1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, $240 for a few sculpted plastic is crazy, not like any of these accessories even have any functions. The figure may sell out, but I'm sure the accessories will be around for awhile.

If it was just a bunch of snap on or hand held accessories then maybe. Though that’s a lot of tooling. But the problem is these require new engineering for the figure so they can be swapped out. Gotta offset that cost somehow, and why pass all that cost on to people who won’t all order the set.

Let's see... the shield is snap on. The energy blade is held by the hand. The katar seems attached/pegs to the wrist. The hand blade, battering rams, and power mallet seems to peg in the elbows. The gauntlet clamp is probably magnetic. The booster and and foot clamps probably pegs at the lower knee joints or ankles. If the figure is the one that received most of the engineering/tooling, and if we assume a lot less will order the complete set as you mentioned, I don't think it's reasonable for those that will buy the complete set to shoulder the cost that went mostly to the figure. It's like person A, who bought the whole set, is chipping in the cost for person B and C, who bought the figure only, just because HT needs to offset the cost of the tooling/engineering of the figure by making the accessory pack expensive.

New Iron Man hand attachment they forgot to mention. Includes diecast spring component. $95 dollars.

Women-NEW-Single-Unilateral-Seven-Teeth-Hair-Clips-Claw-Hairpin-Fit-Crafts-Plastic-Barrettes-lar.jpg

:wink1:

Yea, $240 for a few sculpted plastic is crazy, not like any of these accessories even have any functions. The figure may sell out, but I'm sure the accessories will be around for awhile.

I’m not so sure about that. The NRD have been keeping editions low and things are selling out more and more upon initial release and not lingering around anymore. I am inclined to think this set/a fully outdated Mark L will be sought after in the not too distant future.

I'm sure the figure was already designed to include the changeable accessories.

I think most of the accessories were designed around what they already designed with perhaps minor tweaks after the film was released.

Price is outrageous! Here I was thinking $100 to $150, but $243 is ridiculous. I think I will just be satisfied with the figure on it's own for now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Surprised the Nano-array was not included as it would have been very easy to do 4 strips with clear plastic stands on a base and was one of the most visually impressive nano tech things the suit did, much better than 3 types of swords/knives.

I am a huge IM fan from childhood, this will be my last order(well I may order something to use my points when they come in but they have definately outpriced my budget for a hobby.
This doesn't even come with everything he used. I don't even think it's asking for much seeing how they're charging $240 for a small box of plastic accessories.

He had a circle shield similar to Cap and also his back shoulder missiles are also no where to be seen. Not even $650 gets you the complete figure really. :lol

3wsuHo4.jpg

tGt1zU8.jpg

cCr1PqC.jpg

FilbvfY.jpg

rbU6PVe.jpg

rAdGSA9.jpg

Im still pissed they're adding nothing to the base figure. :mad: They could've added just one of those pieces, like "Hey heres a sample of what you can get in the accessory pack"

Its like their logic is: the opportunity to spend more money to complete the product, is enough to justify the price of the initial product :slap

I am ok with them leaving off the small shield (Much like i would be ok with them dropping one of the sword arms but the nano array for 243 dollars should have been done the missiles from the back I don't even know how they could do effectively without just having little lose pieces. we have all seen the wrist laser before and with all the detachable arms not a big loss (I would like a snap on wrist laser on bare bones figure) The shoulder cannon that takes out Maw should have been included in base figure as well

You guys have noone to blame but yourselves for this over priced accessory kit. Collectors will buy everything and anything, they have released 600 IM figures for a reason, because fanboys go nuts over them. The accessory kit is a rip off because it can be, and no matter how many people complain, it will still sell out.

Oh, and I think the shield needs to be bigger. HT designed it too small.

Back