1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's nothing new. I doubt there is anymore DC than any of the others, it has less LEDs than the 46/47, no big fancy diorama type stand, not even a new HS.

I don't like the price but I am going to buy it and War Machine sometime after i watch the movie. No rush if it's over a year away.

I think given the price tag this thing is gonna be available much longer than the Mk 46 was, which means there is a likely possibility for discounts and what not down the line.

I thought the mark up on the Mk 47 was unfounded and simply waited it out. I was able to eventually snag a brand new one with no tax and free shipping for $300...way better than the retail asking price of $354.

With patience I think this can be picked up around that price range as well.

I think given the price tag this thing is gonna be available much longer than the Mk 46 was, which means there is a likely possibility for discounts and what not down the line.

I thought the mark up on the Mk 47 was unfounded and simply waited it out. I was able to eventually snag a brand new one with no tax and free shipping for $300...way better than the retail asking price of $354.

With patience I think this can be picked up around that price range as well.

Yeah, I honestly see no way this one will go up in value in the future, by much anyway. Everyone can already see the suit and they have their opinions on the aesthetics of it. I don't see the movie turning it into a must have more than any other Iron Man. The only thing that might affect it is the lack of orders and a smaller run than usual because of the ridiculous price.

Dumped a year and a half’s worth of reward points and got this for half price. Can’t wait to have this on my shelf next to the blockier/mechanical Iron Men like one of those evolution-of-man lines.

I can understand why the $400 would put people off this or the line, especially anyone who’s collected long enough to remember the average figure being $200+ less. I jumped into this hobby 2 years ago and went right from stuff like minimates and funkos into these; getting over THAT price hike gave me a probably-unhealthy perspective that made this diecast jump from ~$360 to $400 feel like comparative peanuts. Undoubtedly that’ll bite me back eventually, but either way, I love this thing’s look.

Well even in todays terms, 400 bucks in HT language is a boxed set of two figures. I/ve seen DX sets with more accesories than this, even the SH Figuarts has flames out of the repulsors, plus not even an alternate head, there making it seem like the nanoboosters for the Mark 50 are like 75 bucks.

Disney/Marvel/Star Wars toy licensing fees have not increased by any significance over the past 4 years, FYI.

Hot Toys is selling fewer figures since just after AOU and is trying to maintain their overhead, which has grown.

Disney/Marvel/Star Wars toy licensing fees have not increased by any significance over the past 4 years, FYI.

Hot Toys is selling fewer figures since just after AOU and is trying to maintain their overhead, which has grown.

And don't forget all the stuff they created for their toy shows. The huge scaled Millenium Falcon, Tie Fighter, Rey's Speeder.... The cost to ship those items to the trade shows. We paid for all that. Their profit margins are probably quite high since these are luxury high end collectibles.

Even with the price hike ill buy it or whatever the main armor and war machine since I have all WM up to date. I tend to buy figures from the main movies (aou, CW, Avengers) and skip the side movies so ill buy IW figs but the price increases are going to push me out soon.

What's a side movie?

I'm glad they finally have a new Iron Man figure. It's been centuries since the last one.

iron 1.jpg
iron 2.jpg

I was watching Budget Stark's video comparing Mj 43, 45 and 46.

The engineering leaps are impressive. Who knows what the new one does.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Price hikes are the norm for any hobby, it just seems as though (1) this was a pretty sudden, sizable hike and (2) you don’t seem to get as much bang for your buck in terms of accessories, etc. This figure, plus tax and Sideshow’s shipping would put it at roughly half the price of a Hulkbuster at retail. The higher prices on the standard figures I don’t mind as much, because at least HT is starting to include the cardboard background scenery with some figures (Doc Strange, Daredevil, the lighted one for Black Panther v2, etc), which is pretty cool, and the accessory count is usually good, so that’s fine with me.

Also, whether you get it depends on your collection. If you collect all the armors or have duplicate versions of the same character, then it may sting a bit but you’re still going to get it. Me personally, I rarely get doubles unless they are distinct/special enough. I’m fine with having the Mk.46 be “the” Iron Man in my collection, but the Hulkbuster is it’s own entity, not “just another suit”. I’m fine with my v1 Avengers Hulk, didn’t need to spend $300+ for the AoU version which was basically the same thing with a lighter skin tone & new pants. But Gladiator Hulk is different enough that it was worth preordering.

It also depends on how well you love the movie in question, and whether you want all of “those” characters to best represent the experience you had at that film. Ultimately, with the high price on this IW armor, I don’t think the completionist fan base will be affected in terms of sales numbers. But I’d imagine that a good majority of the discretionary buyers who have a bit more self control on what they purchase (and let’s face it, completionists don’t have much self control. Been there, done that lol) will be passing on this, IMO.

I was watching Budget Stark's video comparing Mj 43, 45 and 46.

The engineering leaps are impressive. Who knows what the new one does.

All I see when I look at it is the giant awkward hip flaps that they go out of their way to hide in the posed pics

VS2JD2k.jpg

28471218_10155309045272344_1192775706934604721_n.jpg

And I've really grown to dislike how thick the black lines are on the 1/6 diecasts, they make the detail look out of scale and cheap, like drawn on with a marker instead of just panel lines made of edges of material. The plastics don't resort to this as much and they don't cost $100 extra either. This IW suit has those lines in spades, with the roundness it is an all around turnoff

XVBpDbC.png

Back