1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arent the prices in HK similar to last releases from what I understand its Sideshow tacking on the extra money to put it over $400

I am curious about it as well. Is it just Sideshow or prices in HK increased as well? Where can we find it?

I am curious about it as well. Is it just Sideshow or prices in HK increased as well? Where can we find it?

Someone said the cost of living has jumped in China as part of the reason.

Could also be Disney trying to wring out as much $$$ as possible on its 2-part finale to its 10-year-plan.

IM is a curious one, but perhaps Thor is a better gauge as his price hike is a more standard $30 increase. (assuming you agree the HT average is at $235)

The MK4 in HK is $272 and at SSC it is $345. So very roughly about $75 more for any IM figures. But even in HK it is still about a $50 increase over the last IM figure that went up for PO.

Someone said the cost of living has jumped in China as part of the reason.

Could also be Disney trying to wring out as much $$$ as possible on its 2-part finale to its 10-year-plan.

IM is a curious one, but perhaps Thor is a better gauge as his price hike is a more standard $30 increase. (assuming you agree the HT average is at $235)

Yeah Thor is a big jump but no alarms because he isn't at 300 yet...
I don't care how much they go up - I choose not to be gouged..I have the money but it isn't very wise spending as I'm not in love with either figure anyhow. Being far more selective....

Look at the price of the new DX15 Sparrow and look at what you get for it- now tell me these IW figures aren't just plain cash grabs...

I had some reward points, bringing the figure down considerably in price so pre-ordered it. I have almost every Iron Man that showed up in the movies, so needed to add this to the collection. Hulkbuster still avoids my collection...!!

Well, I buy just about everything Iron Man that Hot Toys makes. This is a no-brainer even though the price hike is a bit much. I won't be jumping on this right away, though, but certainly by mid-2018.

At 407, they really need to justify the price increase. That is quite a jump in very little time. I came on when the Iron Man die-cast line was just starting with the $300 prices. That started about 4 years ago - time flies. I barely noticed the increase with other figures, but this is significant.

We'll still see some figures around the old prices, but it seems at least $200 has been standard for basic figures for a while.

me too, i have $16 in rewards but i'll wait till i save up more or if i can find some discounts from sideshow. i really want this but damn that price is crazy.

When I think about it ..of course the price hike is absurd, but..it’s justified in a way, we have to consider, beside it being die cast , it has 20 invidual LEDs surrounding the armor, and eventhough they’re very small and look like stickers on the armor, they are still functioning LEDS surrounding the armor. So it can’t cheap to insert all these tiny LEDs on a 12” fully posable figure, so I can see this added feature adds to cost .

Sooo..it depends on if you’re a hardcore IM collector. If you are, I guess it’s worth getting

If the cost of standard figures ever hit $300 than that would be me out (except for "must have exceptions" :lol ) .. After that I start running the risk of customs duty and tax, which not only pushes the cost up further but dicks me around dealing with the courier and customs as to locating where my parcel is and do I need to pay money to release it. Somehow in this day and age Customs only communicate with you via mail, and won't ring you to let you know any of this... :dunno

I really don't like the direction they are continually going with the Iron Man suits. They are becoming too organic looking for me. I preferred when they looked more robotic.

Even with the price hike ill buy it or whatever the main armor and war machine since I have all WM up to date. I tend to buy figures from the main movies (aou, CW, Avengers) and skip the side movies so ill buy IW figs but the price increases are going to push me out soon.

When I think about it ..of course the price hike is absurd, but..it’s justified in a way, we have to consider, beside it being die cast , it has 20 invidual LEDs surrounding the armor, and eventhough they’re very small and look like stickers on the armor, they are still functioning LEDS surrounding the armor. So it can’t cheap to insert all these tiny LEDs on a 12” fully posable figure, so I can see this added feature adds to cost .

Sooo..it depends on if you’re a hardcore IM collector. If you are, I guess it’s worth getting

But it's nothing new. I doubt there is anymore DC than any of the others, it has less LEDs than the 46/47, no big fancy diorama type stand, not even a new HS.

I don't like the price but I am going to buy it and War Machine sometime after i watch the movie. No rush if it's over a year away.

Here’s the way I look at it:

The Xbox One X costs $500 and I want one, but I already have an Xbox One S. I don’t have a 4K TV though, so there’s that. And I can’t do a payment plan technically.

IM costs $400 and I can do a payment plan. Plus I’ve never owned an IM. And it’s soooooo badasss!!!!

I’m sort of joking/sort of not.

$407. Wow. Just....Wow. I've been in Denmark the past few days & thought I was looking at a DKK price tag for a moment! :lol

Glad the Tinker Bell armor look isn't my cup of tea. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this look like the suit that should have come with the Gwyneth Paltrow headsculpt?

I got the email from sideshow on this figure and was like maybe I will get this. Then I went to their site and saw the price of $407 and said no thanks. I don't need to spend that much on a single figure. I still have my coupon timewalker toys gave those who preordered the blitzway ghostbusters packs that I could use to bring the price down but think I will use it on something else.

Here’s the way I look at it:

The Xbox One X costs $500 and I want one, but I already have an Xbox One S. I don’t have a 4K TV though, so there’s that. And I can’t do a payment plan technically.

IM costs $400 and I can do a payment plan. Plus I’ve never owned an IM. And it’s soooooo badasss!!!!

I’m sort of joking/sort of not.

Save your money or get the superior Mark VI.

Back