1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys will have to let me know how you like the accessory set. Suddenly have the urge to drop some rewards points on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys will have to let me know how you like the accessory set. Suddenly have the urge to drop some rewards points on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, it’s complete garbage. I received mine a couple days ago and I’m really disappointed even after hearing the earlier negative reviews.

And in case you don’t believe that this is not just my opinion but actually a FACT:
1. I bought a secondary Mk. L just to use with the accessories pack.
2. The only HT IM releases I’ve missed are the GMG Mk. III and the 4 non HPP Power Pose “figures”.
3. My love for the HT IM armors is so blinding that over the years I’ve easily forgiven inaccuracies and bad engineering (of course the last poorly designed release was the diecast Mk. III and even though the Mk. II is based on it, I forgive that figure).

The accessories have a monotone paint app (regardless of the colors used). The white/blue areas that are supposed to simulate light make each piece look toyish (yes they ARE toys but those parts look cheap). The BD faceplate doesn’t look right on the clean Mk. L. All 3 hands included are made of that cheap plastic that fades in color over time and with light. I had low expectations for the gauntlet restraint which actually looks decent but fits like crap. Lastly, the Katar is the only decent accessory but it doesn’t look good on the Mk. L, it looks best with the BD part held by Thanos.

Honestly, it’s complete garbage. I received mine a couple days ago and I’m really disappointed even after hearing the earlier negative reviews.

And in case you don’t believe that this is not just my opinion but actually a FACT:
2. The only HT IM releases I’ve missed are the GMG Mk. III and the 4 non HPP Power Pose “figures”.
3. My love for the HT IM armors is so blinding that over the years I’ve easily forgiven inaccuracies and bad engineering (of course the last poorly designed release was the diecast Mk. III and even though the Mk. II is based on it, I forgive that figure).

The accessories have a monotone paint app (regardless of the colors used). The white/blue areas that are supposed to simulate light make each piece look toyish (yes they ARE toys but those parts look cheap). The BD faceplate doesn’t look right on the clean Mk. L. All 3 hands included are made of that cheap plastic that fades in color over time and with light. I had low expectations for the gauntlet restraint which actually looks decent but fits like crap. Lastly, the Katar is the only decent accessory but it doesn’t look good on the Mk. L, it looks best with the BD part held by Thanos.

Hey Debbie Downer, thanks for effectively curbing my enthusiasm - I was hoping my disappointment would feel fresh/surprising. :lol

giphy.gif

Would be interesting if a 3rd Party Company like Bad Tomato developed an improved accessories set with proper weathering and LED functionality. Sorta wish I waited for the reviews to come out before pulling the trigger so quickly at SSC now :)

So, I received this bad boy today.
Gotta admit, had some thoughts about ordering this guy, but I absolutely love him! one of the best Ironmans (Ironmen?) of all time.
Up to now I owned the OG Mark 4 (was my favorite until now), Mark 42, the Hulkbuster and two other Tony Stark figures; he takes them all, to my opinion.
Had some fun with the posing, decided to pose a little team titan esque battle positions.

IMG_E2401.jpg

Actually, the white blue effects remind me of cake frosting/icing. It's that bad. They could have used semi clear white with blue gradient plastic. I don't even like the battering rams and feet clamps. I wish those were replaced with the nano arrays instead.

Gotta admit, had some thoughts about ordering this guy, but I absolutely love him! one of the best Ironmans (Ironmen?) of all time.
Up to now I owned the OG Mark 4 (was my favorite until now), Mark 42, the Hulkbuster and two other Tony Stark figures; he takes them all, to my opinion.
Had some fun with the posing, decided to pose a little team titan esque battle positions.

Really like your spiderman pose. I think your Iron-man could use some work. For Starlord, not bad. If you can get a flight stand for starlord (use iron mans), try posing starlord like he is falling backwards shooting (lean him back more, have both guns pointing foward, and his left knee pointing forward instead of straight down.) Give it try, fits the character well to have him look like he is scrambling in/out of trouble.

Got my Iron man on pre order it’s the 2nd batch which as since sold out
The supplier said it would be here end of August but came today
first thought it’s impressive figure my last iron man was civil war.

D005868E-048F-4055-8B50-0BC9F2533B55.jpg3B119977-3420-4DCB-A708-2E7F235C5301.jpg7B6F2F39-5176-4CCB-BDC8-6A0ABF71DC05.jpg

Will receive mine at the end of the week finally [emoji51] (in germany).
Not sure about the final post together with iron spider in the shelf yet...

Really like your spiderman pose. I think your Iron-man could use some work. For Starlord, not bad. If you can get a flight stand for starlord (use iron mans), try posing starlord like he is falling backwards shooting (lean him back more, have both guns pointing foward, and his left knee pointing forward instead of straight down.) Give it try, fits the character well to have him look like he is scrambling in/out of trouble.

First of all thank you!
I did tweaked the Iron Man a bit, but the idea remained the same as I went for the elegant, nonchalant, *****k you and have a nice day pose.
as for Star Lord - that's a really nice idea you got there, but I think I'll save it for the infinity war version (because leg thrusters), I usually receive compliments on his pose, I think this time something didn't went trough, maybe its the angle of the picture, maybe just the composition.

Spider-Man pose! ! I pinched it off somebody else I can’t remember who but cheers anyway
This iron man is a beautiful figure I’ve just been looking though the different iron man suits over the years and this as got to be up there with the best

I haven't had the chance to post in the commerce thread yet, but I will be selling my Mark 50 figure (alongside a few others) for MSRP. Gently displayed, like new. DM me if you're interested!

Got my Iron man on pre order it’s the 2nd batch which as since sold out
The supplier said it would be here end of August but came today
first thought it’s impressive figure my last iron man was civil war.

My Mark L just arrived! I only had time for a cursory inspection, but I thought I'd post a couple of quick observations. I'll post some pics later this week once I have the opportunity to get him set up:

1. I agree with you guys. I'm very happy I did a complete 180 and ordered this guy - he is very impressive in hand;
  2. I didn't compare him weight-wise to any of my other DC IM's, but he seems quite hefty/solid. I'm not sure why people have remarked he isn't as robust as previous ones;
  3. I'm not bothered by the leg gap at all. As I suspected, it looks to be completely dependent on the pose. If you keep his toes pointed forward, it's almost non-existent, but it becomes apparent when they're pointed outward. The gap is quite large in back when he's standing straight, but I have no plans to have him facing the wall; :lol
  4. I did a quick comparison of the paint apps between the figure, the included accessories and the accessory pack that came last week, and I detected no discernible differences in the red hues & finishes. Maybe my assessment will change once I put him together, but as of now they look fine.

My Mark L just arrived! I only had time for a cursory inspection, but I thought I'd post a couple of quick observations. I'll post some pics later this week once I have the opportunity to get him set up:

1. I agree with you guys. I'm very happy I did a complete 180 and ordered this guy - he is very impressive in hand;
  2. I didn't compare him weight-wise to any of my other DC IM's, but he seems quite hefty/solid. I'm not sure why people have remarked he isn't as robust as previous ones;
  3. I'm not bothered by the leg gap at all. As I suspected, it looks to be completely dependent on the pose. If you keep his toes pointed forward, it's almost non-existent, but it becomes apparent when they're pointed outward. The gap is quite large in back when he's standing straight, but I have no plans to have him facing the wall; :lol
  4. I did a quick comparison of the paint apps between the figure, the included accessories and the accessory pack that came last week, and I detected no discernible differences in the red hues & finishes. Maybe my assessment will change once I put him together, but as of now they look fine.

The leg gap is a quite large once pointed out, but it's really not an issue considering that it's really an impressive figure and almost all diecast figures "suffers" from it. With the right pose, as you said, it's barely noticeable to non-existent so I wouldn't give it a second thought.
I'm glad that you, like me, had a 180 and enjoyed the fruits your exquisite decision making (as far as exquisite decision making goes for collecting Hot Toys) with this "not gonna sell it EVER" Iron Man.

Back