1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Can use these to extend the cables for the ports on top anyway.

My cabinet is mirror-backed, so there’s no getting around it. If you’re using spotlights, it helps to take attention away from the cables, and if you use one of those darker coloured cable covers it helps to tidy things up at the back.

e13a6a60ad8f3b4eaef719f5fce1a364.jpg

Good to know. Much appreciate.

Seeing as how the Soap Reactor discussion has migrated to this thread. Does anyone know of a viable substitute for the battery compartment modules short of soldering directly to the contacts?

Also on the subject, does anybody know of alternatives to a soap reactor?

Consider me a soap reactor newb, I've read a bit but I'm confused (and very interested).

1. So you buy the base, the power adapter, and then individual cables that attach to the power adapter that fit into the compartments. Cool. But I don't see where they specify how many batteries each adapter covers? Like some compartments have three batteries; others one. Do you have to get a wire for EACH battery? So if there's three in a line, you need three wires? Like Thanos' glove, for example.

2. Where do you buy them? Is soapstudio.com the only option? I find their site confusing (considering the language barrier, of course).

Consider me a soap reactor newb, I've read a bit but I'm confused (and very interested).

1. So you buy the base, the power adapter, and then individual cables that attach to the power adapter that fit into the compartments. Cool. But I don't see where they specify how many batteries each adapter covers? Like some compartments have three batteries; others one. Do you have to get a wire for EACH battery? So if there's three in a line, you need three wires? Like Thanos' glove, for example.

2. Where do you buy them? Is soapstudio.com the only option? I find their site confusing (considering the language barrier, of course).

There is one set of wires that connect to a module that fits in the battery compartment.

Here's a video showing how it all works. Not sure where to get them though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mls41-OntQI

its probably just to remind people its a thing. I cant imagine preorders are high for this.

For hot toys, they must have a lot of uncertainty regarding star wars, which is definitely on the downward side of things, and marvel if it has indeed peaked.

Ok, another Soap Reactor question for you guys...I've got Endgame IM (Mark 85) on PO. I haven't bought a new IM figure in quite a number of years...have they standardized the batteries to the point where I can go ahead and order cables for it now? Or should I wait? Just don't want to be kicking myself if I cant get any later for some reason.

Seeing as how the Soap Reactor discussion has migrated to this thread. Does anyone know of a viable substitute for the battery compartment modules short of soldering directly to the contacts?
You can make dummy batteries. Cut wooden dowels a bit smaller than the stack of batteries. Take 2 metal thumbtacks (the ones with a flat metal head), put on each end. Solder to those thumbtacks. Hook up wire to power source. Remember to match output to 4.5 - 5 volts to match battery output.

You can make dummy batteries. Cut wooden dowels a bit smaller than the stack of batteries. Take 2 metal thumbtacks (the ones with a flat metal head), put on each end. Solder to those thumbtacks. Hook up wire to power source. Remember to match output to 4.5 - 5 volts to match battery output.

That crossed my mind at one point, but I thought that the diameter of the thumbtacks would be to wide for compartments in the arms. I may have to revisit the idea.

SS must be getting a massive shipment if people ordering this under a week ago are getting their orders fulfilled.

Back