1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this suit is by far the best they've released to display with a Tony sculpt.

Yea I still haven't opened my Mark IV but this one is quite impressive, even side by side with 46 (that I also display with the Tony head). I wish there was some appeal to me for displaying the suits with the helmets on.

Yeah best suit so far! Here are some pics, I need to add the batteries and do some dynamic pics later. I’m definitely getting the accessories set.
ae30eada6cff79e76eaf4fc4264c8090.jpg
bc8f6bfc5a8c5a48bfc0373370b90d3a.jpg
c7ce9ab89c5084c6711f7d0f1f3ac769.jpg

the struggle is real seeing these pics and still waiting on the next batch (hopefully)

I don't know if it's the size of the head is too small or the bulk of the neck but it still doesn't look like Tony can be possibly inside that suit without extreme shoulder contortion. His head is floating too high over the armor.

It looks good with the helmet, but not great with the unmasked sculpt.

I think this suit is by far the best they've released to display with a Tony sculpt.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? I only ask because I know that this has been a concern:

I don't know if it's the size of the head is too small or the bulk of the neck but it still doesn't look like Tony can be possibly inside that suit without extreme shoulder contortion. His head is floating too high over the armor.

I think the Mark 46/47 looks great with the unmasked head but it does seem to sit a little high on this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? I only ask because I know that this has been a concern

That's hard to say. I definitely can see what people are saying in that regard, but there are photos where that isn't the case. I think a lot comes down to pose work and the angle of the head. It's a little tall, but not too far off. Keep in mind he's slouching his neck down here, something the fig can't do.

From a subjective standpoint though I think that the roundness and simplicity of the traps on the armor accentuate the sculpt. With other suits there's always more to be looking at, but the space age smoothness brings you back to the organic human providing such a stark (pun unintended) contrast. I absolutely think the figure looks better than the on screen armor.

6ce3848eac527967ad730f9a126d0c28.jpg

Yea I still haven't opened my Mark IV but this one is quite impressive, even side by side with 46 (that I also display with the Tony head). I wish there was some appeal to me for displaying the suits with the helmets on.

Man, same. My Mark IV is still in box, as is my V and 47 (which the latter is on the cutting block in favor of the 50 and 85). :thud: Right now the only armors I've got out are the 43 as he pairs with my AOU Cap and my Shotgun as the pose as I am hooked on the flight pose I've got him in. I think the lack of helmeted appeal is a subtle product of the way the films and marketing are presented, more often than not we see Tony helmetless or with a cracked dome. The exception seems to fall when dynamic poses roll in, which certainly favor the helmeted appearance.

That's hard to say. I definitely can see what people are saying in that regard, but there are photos where that isn't the case. I think a lot comes down to pose work and the angle of the head. It's a little tall, but not too far off. Keep in mind he's slouching his neck down here, something the fig can't do.

From a subjective standpoint though I think that the roundness and simplicity of the traps on the armor accentuate the sculpt. With other suits there's always more to be looking at, but the space age smoothness brings you back to the organic human providing such a stark (pun unintended) contrast. I absolutely think the figure looks better than the on screen armor.

6ce3848eac527967ad730f9a126d0c28.jpg

From the pics I've seen I have to agree with you. I think the 46 fig also looks better than it's on screen counter part as well.

Just got this figure last night. The paint apps are amazing. The candy apple red has such depth and just glows. Love the contrast between finishes of the red and gold.

This is the first Iron Man figure I have seen that really mimics human muscle massing. He kinda looks like he has no skin in certain poses.

Not a fan of the accessories. This figure looks too good on its own to muck it up with any other distractions. Looking forward to lighting him up with a soap reactor soon!

question for anyone that has this:

How are the panels that cover all the battery compartments?

are they like the mark 45 that have those stupid tabs that are easy to break?

Back