1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1e218349fb99b735579aa1fca580982d.gif

@sideshow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I have the original Gantry and the DC VI, so I have a slight idea of what the set will be like. If the price of a complete 50 is giving you second thoughts, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Gantry.

I really wanted the Ganrty, but with lack of space I couldn’t justify paying nearly double for something that would likely stay in the box. Though I’m happy that those who missed out on it the first time get another chance at it.

I really wanted the Ganrty, but with lack of space I couldn’t justify paying nearly double for something that would likely stay in the box. Though I’m happy that those who missed out on it the first time get another chance at it.

I had the original gantry and it was great, but I was running out of space and sold it off for a big profit. Since then I’ve moved, and I have more space....so I have the new and improved MK4 and gantry on order and I can’t wait to get them for my new display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on the HKD SRP it'll be like $220ish or so, I believe, after the SS tax. Somewhere in that $200 area.

:horror

So we have to get the $400 IM figure and accessory pack separately probably a total of $700-$800

HT really raked us :pfft:

They should’ve released the whole set with figure for a third of the price of the figure itself

Something around $600

Not cool HT

Lol! MK 7 is up for pre-order but the accessories pack isn't. SS probably went WTF at HT for the pricing.

:horror

So we have to get the $400 IM figure and accessory pack separately probably a total of $700-$800

HT really raked us :pfft:

They should’ve released the whole set with figure for a third of the price of the figure itself

Something around $600

Not cool HT

People bitched about 400. Imagine if they said 600. This way you at least have a choice.

One of the two main sellers of Hot Toys in NZ has it listed as $439NZ... I buy figures from Australia usually for 330-380 without using discount points.. lol

I think all of this has actually turned me off of this figure completely. My goal was always to have the suit from each Avengers movie climax, as the MK7 and MK45 are the other two I own, and I actually really love the look, functionality, and use of the MKL. It might be my favourite suit. However, $400 would’ve seemed like a ridiculous price for the 45, which came with a large diorama base, ultron drone, and pretty much every accessory that it was seen with in the film. For that $400 tag to be on a figure with almost no accessories, and the default IW stand that every figure gets was very surprising. So surprising in fact, that I was positive there would be more accessories coming later, and I was still planning on ordering it when they were shown.

To now learn that these accessories exist, and make the figure look 10x cooler, but don’t account for the extra money on the price, and in reality actually cost another figure’s worth on top, is insulting. This is now an iron man figure that if I want complete, will end up costing me upwards of $800 Canadian. $800 for a hot toys figure? I hope I don’t ever get to the point where that doesn’t seem absolutely ridiculous to me.

I think I’m gonna have to pass, and that really, really sucks, because this is the one HT figure I’ve been waiting for for three years. I’m counting on A4 to have a release of this suit that’s maybe a bit more reasonable, because I really love it, but that seems like wishful thinking.

I think I’m gonna have to pass, and that really, really sucks, because this is the one HT figure I’ve been waiting for for three years. I’m counting on A4 to have a release of this suit that’s maybe a bit more reasonable, because I really love it, but that seems like wishful thinking.

Prices aren’t going to get better my friend. In fact when the new iron man releases this figure would have looked like a bargain. Do yourself a favor and buy this payment plan it, drop a pre order for something else whatever you need to do because I think prices will be horrifying in the next few years for a retail hot toys figure.

What I'm waiting for is the accessories pack to pop up on SS, which is unusually taking too long considering it is an IM related item. I'm just wishful that the maybe SS found the price to be ridiculous too and is working to lower the retail price or they're trying to get an exclusive edition for the pack that is good enough to get. Plus it is being released last quarter of 2019 which I feel is too long of a wait when the base figure has been out months ahead.

Still though, 200+ USD for that is highway robbery. Good thing there is one Avengers movie left with IM in it. Hopefully, he doesn't upgrade the suit and just uses other nano based weapons that can be sold as another accesory pack. Then again, that might complicate things if the weapons will require modifications on the base figure. That would mean another version of the base figure. Oh well...

I never appreciated the sentiment of "buy now or cry later". For me "if you don't like it (or anything about it, like the price), don't buy it". I believe my buying power sends a message.

I passed on Neo because it wasn't the version of the character I wanted; I preordered this figure because of the look of the figure, not the accessories. Now that I see it (at least price-wise) has set a precedent for current pricing, I am planning to seriously scale down my purchasing of all 1/6 scale figures, and Hot Toys in particular.

I don't need any more figures; I just need to appreciate the ones I already have. That, to me, is the fun of collecting, and I need to remind myself of that more frequently as these prices continue to climb higher

I never appreciated the sentiment of "buy now or cry later". For me "if you don't like it (or anything about it, like the price), don't buy it". I believe my buying power sends a message.

I passed on Neo because it wasn't the version of the character I wanted; I preordered this figure because of the look of the figure, not the accessories. Now that I see it (at least price-wise) has set a precedent for current pricing, I am planning to seriously scale down my purchasing of all 1/6 scale figures, and Hot Toys in particular.

I don't need any more figures; I just need to appreciate the ones I already have. That, to me, is the fun of collecting, and I need to remind myself of that more frequently as these prices continue to climb higher

Totally agree! Have to start to appreciate what I have make a game plan for what I want my collection to look like because I plan on getting out of collecting within the next 2 yr after a few figures come in. I had a blast collecting but prices will keep me out the game.

Same deal for me, was planning on only a figure here or there going forward and that is without the 400-600 dollar figures I think I am done after my po of Mk L WM mkIV Mk Vii (dc) and BP.

I have to content myself with the original Thanos and miss out on the Gauntlet.

I think all of this has actually turned me off of this figure completely. My goal was always to have the suit from each Avengers movie climax, as the MK7 and MK45 are the other two I own, and I actually really love the look, functionality, and use of the MKL.

In many ways I'd prefer my IM figures to be Avenger movie climax figures, but from memory there was at least a year between the release of the 43 and 45, so I grabbed the 43 (my collection was also tiny and not exactly planned out at that point too) .. Considering the price difference between the diecast VI and VII, and as the VI was one of the first of the 'holy suits' to get a diecast announcement there was no guarantee we'd get the VII, I also opted for the VI then too..

Agree 100%. I have a great collection as is and i cannot justify buying $400 plus and climbing figures regularly. I do feel sorry for new collectors with the current prices.
I have cut way back from just a couple years ago. Not sure if i will get all the way just yet out but going from 20 or so a year to 4 or 5 is a start.
It would be good to stop at IW2 figures and ignore any that come after that. I don't need to go down the upcoming x men and fantastic four rabbit hole.

A sold 1st 10 years of marvel collection is all i need.

I just need to keep telling myself that over and over :lol

I think after the next Infinity War I'll be done with Iron Man and Marvel Hot Toys - I see potentially some characters dying, but beyond that all the new characters don't interest me, and I think their iconic costumes have already been done, they'll just keep going even more comic-booky futuristic or far from their iconic looks, I'd just wait for re-do's I think. For sure Iron Man I can see his suits if he lives getting worse and worse, I think Cap has reached his pinnacle look, but I doubt he lives. Not interested in Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, Vision, Hawkeye, Wanda, Black Panther, AntMan, Wasp, Ms Marvel etc. so I think Infinty War will be the last for me, other than like I said, if they redo previous iterations but a lot better.

Back