1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping this hits Sideshow and/or BBTS in the next few weeks or a month because I'm still waiting for Infinity War Strange and Thanos to come in. I'm still debating on if I want to get Infinity War Iron Spider-Man or not as after watching DeanKnight's review. I really don't know why they didn't go for the die cast look for Iron Spider-man instead of the fabric look. I'm hoping they do die cast possibly for the Endgame version.

I haven't received any such email.

that email that someone posted a page or two back that was originally posted on a Facebook group looks kinda fishy to me.

usually the emails I've seen contain a hyperlink of the figure in subject and that email doesn't mention the iron man anywhere other than the subject

I'm hoping this hits Sideshow and/or BBTS in the next few weeks or a month because I'm still waiting for Infinity War Strange and Thanos to come in. I'm still debating on if I want to get Infinity War Iron Spider-Man or not as after watching DeanKnight's review. I really don't know why they didn't go for the die cast look for Iron Spider-man instead of the fabric look. I'm hoping they do die cast possibly for the Endgame version.

I believe that Hot Toys did not make a diecast version of Iron Spider because there will be gaps in the suit and it will not look like Spider-Man. It's not an issue for Iron Man because his armor has gaps in the movies.

I believe that Hot Toys did not make a diecast version of Iron Spider because there will be gaps in the suit and it will not look like Spider-Man. It's not an issue for Iron Man because his armor has gaps in the movies.

Yup. HT made a really solid attempt with the Mark L to give it that look but still has the gaps in the legs, shoulders, sections in the waist which since it’s iron man it’s passable. I couldn’t imagine an iron Spidey with the leg gaps the L has. Just doesn’t look right. They did well with the material/ paint they used imo. Could they have done iron spider like the mark L? Sure, it’d also have been $400+ and people would still complain about the look

LOL at those complaining about the hip gaps. That suit was nanotech in the movie. What were you guys expecting for a $4-500 toy?

Shoulda made it out of rubber and sprayed it red...it kinda acted like that in the movie anyway ;D

Then it'll be like iron spider where the complaints are about creasing and the fear of posing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at those complaining about the hip gaps. That suit was nanotech in the movie. What were you guys expecting for a $4-500 toy?

I was expecting the gap to be no worse than the early figures that cost $200. :lol Seriously though, I wish they could have figured out a way to close up the hip gaps for static, museum poses. I actually expected to see this demonstrated in one of the unboxing videos, but no dice. They did a fantastic job with the shoulders, so it seemed logical that they'd carry that through to the hips. Instead they give it the ability to do the splits. WTF? It's Tony Stark in the suit, not Nadia Comaneci...

Has lots of articulation: Boo! Gaps are too big.
Has small joint gaps: Boo! Articulation sucks.

The 50 wouldn't work as a full prop suit in real life but HT are expected to do it in 1/6 scale. They can't win.

The 50 wouldn't work as a full prop suit in real life but HT are expected to do it in 1/6 scale. They can't win.

At the prices we're paying for these figures? Trust me, they're winning. :lol

You're not wrong, but then I've never been dissatisfied with the articulation of these figures. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've always been a tad hesitant about putting my high end collectibles through all sorts of contortions or in extreme poses. So their sacrifice of aesthetics for greater articulation does nothing for me.

I'm with you on that, I'm all for museum poses. Having it posed where half of the figure is covered up because it's crouching or whatever never appealed to me. I've spent a fortune on it, I want to see all of it.

As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone". Each person has his or her own preferences so it is not surprising that whatever decision Hot Toys makes, some will be happy while others will not like it.

For me personally, the gaps don't bother me. This is Iron Man so I can live with him having gaps. But if I see gaps on a Cap or Spidey figure, that's a different story.

As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone". Each person has his or her own preferences so it is not surprising that whatever decision Hot Toys makes, some will be happy while others will not like it.

For me personally, the gaps don't bother me. This is Iron Man so I can live with him having gaps. But if I see gaps on a Cap or Spidey figure, that's a different story.

'Gaptain America'

No one else see the eyes of the mask too big? The prototype had the right size and i think even a somewhat different shape that looked more accurate.

When the lights are on look worse.

for what it’s worth...

i live chatted with sideshow today and asked about people getting emails about preparing to ship and they said nobody received such emails because they haven’t sent any out yet

Back