1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAs I've said, I don't give a flying bleep if it's made of foam. My surf board, and nearly every one made, is made from foam. The bumper of over a dozen cars is molded foam. Most of those kid play areas in the mall, all that stuff is constructed of foam. In Disney land and world, the dr Seuss play area is mostly made of foam. Some of those pieces are 40 yrs old.

Here's a few other things made of foam..

If you can make a complete 1:1 iron man suit from foam or even paper I think a 1:6 display is plenty do able. People are arguing if it is or isn't foam ...who cares. Foam is a viable construction medium.

Oh. And as for that statement that if it breaks, in like plastic, you can't fix it. Not true. Look back at the pics I put in a few pages ago..the 40 ft tall foam statue that will be able to sit outside for years and not be damaged(both myself and my father whom made that one have done dozens of these over the last 15 years)...the head for it was sculpted separately then glued on. And you can't tell

And this is, at least in apperance, the same material. This box is like 6 years old and has not dents, no breaks, no noticeable marks.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

You say that now, then you wake up in the middle of the nite to hear, then see cockroaches eating on the delicious foam. No way man these should be plastic and at that price AT LEAST the same quality of the first HOA.

I'm not sure what the motivation behind this cockroach line is..is that some type of poor insult? Please clarify.

An incomplete Thumper Mk.25...... Another Diorama???
65983_752843268110999_7796037828213484120_n.jpg

As shown here:
e8Yx9Wf_zps8595f884.jpg

Don't look too styrofoamy now

But it is!!!! I wonder if someone would have the balls to actually make a replica from the movie set, with the hall of armor and the different versions of tony stark in civies this should be no problem.

As I've said, I don't give a flying bleep if it's made of foam. My surf board, and nearly every one made, is made from foam. The bumper of over a dozen cars is molded foam. Most of those kid play areas in the mall, all that stuff is constructed of foam. In Disney land and world, the dr Seuss play area is mostly made of foam. Some of those pieces are 40 yrs old.

Here's a few other things made of foam..

If you can make a complete 1:1 iron man suit from foam or even paper I think a 1:6 display is plenty do able. People are arguing if it is or isn't foam ...who cares. Foam is a viable construction medium.

Oh. And as for that statement that if it breaks, in like plastic, you can't fix it. Not true. Look back at the pics I put in a few pages ago..the 40 ft tall foam statue that will be able to sit outside for years and not be damaged(both myself and my father whom made that one have done dozens of these over the last 15 years)...the head for it was sculpted separately then glued on. And you can't tell

And this is, at least in apperance, the same material. This box is like 6 years old and has not dents, no breaks, no noticeable marks.

Everything you mentioned, except the terminator box, is foam coated in resin. All those theme park statues have a resin coating to protect from weather and damage and the same with surf boards.

The reason foam is used is because it's easy to sculpt but needs to be coated in something because if it's in any high traffic area or weather it wouldn't last a day. I've been on tours of a place called studio Y that makes all kinds of foam statues and that's how it's done.

Thanks for the tips...but I know how it's done. Those are ones I worked on. I've done hundreds of foam based art. And my father ran one of the largest studios in the country (USA) that did almost exclusive work with foam products. From theme parks to theme rooms to those mall play areas to studio and set pieces. I'm very familiar.

And I stated that they where coated. But there are dozens of resins and epoxies and acrylics that are clear that would give the apperance of raw material. But, even in its untreated state foam is pretty durable. For example(as I stated) the terminator outer boxes are foam. I've got a couple that are years old, went tru the mail multiple times, thru multiple moves Ect and look brand new.

So like I said, I have zero problem with it being foam. If it in fact stays foam(or is foam). It could be treated down the road, or coated as it where, or even used as a foam core like surf boards. Until we have an I'm hand production pieces or official word it will be raw high density extruded foam..

Thanks for the tips...but I know how it's done. Those are ones I worked on. I've done hundreds of foam based art. And my father ran one of the largest studios in the country (USA) that did almost exclusive work with foam products. From theme parks to theme rooms to those mall play areas to studio and set pieces. I'm very familiar.

And I stated that they where coated. But there are dozens of resins and epoxies and acrylics that are clear that would give the apperance of raw material. But, even in its untreated state foam is pretty durable. For example(as I stated) the terminator outer boxes are foam. I've got a couple that are years old, went tru the mail multiple times, thru multiple moves Ect and look brand new.

So like I said, I have zero problem with it being foam. If it in fact stays foam(or is foam). It could be treated down the road, or coated as it where, or even used as a foam core like surf boards. Until we have an I'm hand production pieces or official word it will be raw high density extruded foam..

Sorry, I must of mis read because I didn't see you say anything about being coated. I guess you could coat them yourself but at $130 it seems silly. I guess we will wait and see.

I said it awhile back. No worries.

And these may be coated now. Just because it looks one way doesn't preclude it from have a clear matte epoxy or resin or gel coat that you wouldn't know until you touched it.

They could also end up coated before released. A few posts up there's a pic (and I've seen others) that shows them with a completely different surface. So until it's in hand who knows.

But I would buy them if they where made of that raw foam like the term boxes. Heck, at least it cuts the weight for shipping. Lol

I've worked with foam, a lot, so I suppose I have a unique view..but to me it's not a big deal. And to make sure this hot toys foam is as strong as I suspected I just took my John Connor box apart and stood on it with all my weight for 5 min. I weigh like 230. Then did the same on each half. Box had no problems. Lol

Also-sorry if I sound like a richardhead..I'm not very good at the nice sties and what not. Just type what I think. But I do try to be respectful. Maybe I'm an ass hat but I do try to show respect.

some pictures that are in.... there might be some heave to it...

I said it awhile back. No worries.

And these may be coated now. Just because it looks one way doesn't preclude it from have a clear matte epoxy or resin or gel coat that you wouldn't know until you touched it.

They could also end up coated before released. A few posts up there's a pic (and I've seen others) that shows them with a completely different surface. So until it's in hand who knows.

But I would buy them if they where made of that raw foam like the term boxes. Heck, at least it cuts the weight for shipping. Lol

I've worked with foam, a lot, so I suppose I have a unique view..but to me it's not a big deal. And to make sure this hot toys foam is as strong as I suspected I just took my John Connor box apart and stood on it with all my weight for 5 min. I weigh like 230. Then did the same on each half. Box had no problems. Lol

Also-sorry if I sound like a richardhead..I'm not very good at the nice sties and what not. Just type what I think. But I do try to be respectful. Maybe I'm an ass hat but I do try to show respect.

I'm not to worried about weight applie on these. Like you said foam is structurally strong.

You are very respectful, don't worry about it. I should of read more, it's so hard with all these announcements to keep up. I almost got into the foam statue industry but I heard bad things about the place in my town. Underpaid and over worked.

That's the reason my dad left the studio he ran. He freelances mostly now. He's working on a film currently and he's building two 40 ft tall foam statues that will be like those old greek gatekeeper type statues.

My biggest issue with foam is the mess. When your cutting and shaping and carving that stuff gets EVERYWHERE. Lol

It does look polystyrene... chipping at the bottom left... Mk. 25 close-up
140725135150a076814a2dc476.jpg

I'm not sure what the motivation behind this cockroach line is..is that some type of poor insult? Please clarify.

Poor insult at you no. Insult at hot toys in making edible foam yes

Crumple Damage on the right side of PeaceKeeper's box...
1407251407eac087eec9abcc1d.jpg

This pretty much confirms another 2 full figures from the HPP and a second dio, so chalk up another 3 IM releases to the running tally. :yess:

I like Strikers Arc Reactor color and shape, so I hope we get the full figure, or at least have the half version light up

Someone in HK got it and confirmed that it is indeed made out of Styrofoam.

What a joke. The IM2 version is better if you plan on getting a HoA. Seen people stack those as well.

Back