1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Of course I'd also prefer this made out of top notch materials, but I have no problem with less expensive materials to cut cost. And every material has up side and down side. But foam is a remarkable material. As a younger man I didn't have a clue about foam. But I've become well aware of its uses and it's not nearly as fragile as commonly thought.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

You guys are gonna love this...
_MG_2457.jpg

...and although I wasn't able to get close enough to touch it, if it's not styrofoam it sure as hell looks like it. The ones they had on display dented and marred like styrofoam. $130! Really people, when is enough, enough. Please do not buy this thing. Let's stand for something. LMAO!

Wow, that's shocking. It just looks so cheap. Doesn't even really match nicely with the stand. Almost looks like something that was repurposed to be an IM bay. *shakes head* Weird how HT can have so many amazing releases and then something like this.

_MG_2457.jpg

...and although I wasn't able to get close enough to touch it, if it's not styrofoam it sure as hell looks like it. The ones they had on display dented and marred like styrofoam. $130! Really people, when is enough, enough. Please do not buy this thing. Let's stand for something. LMAO!

For that price you might as well get the 1st hall of armor, it's still overpriced but it's not styrofoam.

For that price you might as well get the 1st hall of armor, it's still overpriced but it's not styrofoam.

Absolutely! I got the set of 7 and love it. More lights and the clear front cover (I didn't use the hologram stickers) really make an impressive display compared to this new one. For $10 more I'd definitely grab the first version.

Definitely going to get a set of 7 from the first HOA. An arial display of the other 35 would be better

Yehhhhh... Well I think if I wanted a Hall I would go with the older style then and either find somewhere to display it or mod it for a straight line like some others have done.

Still wish they would sell the bases, either the original or new ones, separately so I could build my own foam display :p

Haha. My eyes were SOOO wide when i saw the price, lol.
I would have claimed a rip-off if it was $60...
But there might be good news on the horizon folks. At $120 apiece, it can't be styrofoam, as many have already suggested here(And i have argued, lol).
The good news is that if it *is* styrofoam when it's released, one of these can be used to make a reverse vacform mould for one made of plastic.

Really weird that sdcc posted $130USD there, over here in asia its around $90USD a piece..surprised its expensive there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. My eyes were SOOO wide when i saw the price, lol.
I would have claimed a rip-off if it was $60...
But there might be good news on the horizon folks. At $120 apiece, it can't be styrofoam, as many have already suggested here(And i have argued, lol).
The good news is that if it *is* styrofoam when it's released, one of these can be used to make a reverse vacform mould for one made of plastic.

Really weird that sdcc posted $130USD there, over here in asia its around $90USD a piece..surprised its expensive there

Where in Asia are you?... in Malaysia it's USD60.1....

_MG_2457.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

$130 for 35 of them seems about right to me :lecture

Random thought turned question, forget the foam part... how much do we think the light up bases would be worth if released at retail in a non Hot Toy/Sideshow markup world?

Random thought turned question, forget the foam part... how much do we think the light up bases would be worth if released at retail in a non Hot Toy/Sideshow markup world?

slightly more than a regular base i would imagine

I'd guess they could turn a huge profit selling them for anywhere upwards of $35.

So if thats about right then they are marketing the foam part, which does have lights, for about $80-$90 at best guess?

So if thats about right then they are marketing the foam part, which does have lights, for about $80-$90 at best guess?

You can justify it any way you like, lol, but no-one is going to buy these made from foam for $120.

I dunno... Seems a bit expensive...
:rotfl

inc. postage of course.

Even then, lol, still seems expensive!

Back