1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy: Yondu (custom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaI2EAPEi2

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my WIP Yondu played by Miachael Rooker. The head sculpt is the only one i know of and its alright. It comes from World box 1/6 at-003 crazy durable body... Yes that's the name of the body LMAO. Anyways I swapped the original body with a spare i had, because the body he brought was bought for another figure. This spare body is very bulky but it wont matter as he will have a coat on. So far i sanded down the hair and re sculpted the Mohawk. I also began the painting process. I still have to re touch the paint and add some of his dark blue veins on his head. I am still waiting for the shirt to arrive and the boots are coming from china so it will be a while till they arrive, but i wanted to show you guys the progress. I am open to constructive criticism, thanks for looking guys!

EDIT #1 - New pics on page 3.
EDIT #2 - New pics on page 4.

Last edited:
Loving blue Merle so far, especially the sculpted mohawk. Keep up the good work. :clap

Looking great, thanks for sharing! Like others have said, a bit less gloss and maybe a slightly lighter shade of blue? I'm amazed at the likeness and Mohawk sculpt! Well done indeed.

That is looking awesome. I hope mine can look that good. I am glad the World Box figure/head will work.

I also ordered blue hand pegs and blue hands for mine. If the paint rubs off, it will still be blue.

Did you find some good shots of the back of Yondu's head?

That is looking awesome. I hope mine can look that good. I am glad the World Box figure/head will work.

I also ordered blue hand pegs and blue hands for mine. If the paint rubs off, it will still be blue.

Did you find some good shots of the back of Yondu's head?

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys! No i wasnt able to find any pics of his head from the back, but i did find side pics so its safe to asume the mohawk is sculpted the same all the way back.

Back