1/6 Hot Toys G.I.Joe Retaliation: Roadblock Collectible Figure- Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Something is a little off with that headsculpt. A few defining features that keep it from being exactly The Rock. So I agree with you all on that.

Easy pass though. And I agree at that price point...just not worth it. Looking forward only to Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and perhaps Cobra Commander.

I'm sure we'll see some Rock customs out of this though. His character from Fast 5, maybe a wrestling Rock and any others.

Well to be fair it isn't Hot Toys marking these prices up. It's Sideshow.

Interesting. I'm not into marketing/economics, so mind if I ask how that could possibly be affecting the Hot Toys market around the world? SSC does not cover South East Asia as HT Distributor, and yet we're paying the same price.

Was very excited for this figure but now not so much. Head sculpt is def not the rock and where's the tattoos!

Im pleasantly surprised that this is being released, I had a feeling it was scrapped.

I still have no interest in it though but it looks pretty good :cool:

Looks great ....although I swear the heasculpt has aged Rock worse than real life has ! :D

I'm very excited for this figure! We're finally getting a great figure of the Rock after all these years! Not a fan of the movies but I am of the actor! A must buy since the people's MMS champ looks great! :yess:

Do ya smell what the Rock is cooking?! :hi5:

527162_10151643680329384_719903856_n.jpg

Wonder how difficult it would be to give the sculpt a "shave"? Anybody seen or done anything like that? Removing sculpted facial hair, then repainting?

Interesting. I'm not into marketing/economics, so mind if I ask how that could possibly be affecting the Hot Toys market around the world? SSC does not cover South East Asia as HT Distributor, and yet we're paying the same price.

They aren't. If you buy a HTs figure directly from HK it will be anywhere from $25-50 cheaper than what SS charges.

They aren't. If you buy a HTs figure directly from HK it will be anywhere from $25-50 cheaper than what SS charges.

Correct. But the price in HK are still rising by the figure in the same ratio as they are in US. So it is not Sideshow that is raising the price, but HT to begin with.

Correct. But the price in HK are still rising by the figure in the same ratio as they are in US. So it is not Sideshow that is raising the price, but HT to begin with.
Exploding_Smiley.gif

Some places might offer discounts at pre order time (maybe sometimes as much as 25%), so it's not really fair to compare their discounted pricing with SSC. SSC might simply be offering it at HT's suggested retail price. & don't forget SSC does sprinkle varoius coupon codes throughout the year, that you might be able to use on HT pre orders.

There's also the fluctuating currency exchange rate to complicate things a bit more.

I see. I didn't notice that, I think because this is no longer apparent when I started collecting Hot Toys 10 months ago. I have friends who used to shop for HT in Singapore and HK whenever they have the chance, which they use to re-sell here for a lower price and they still get profit, but now they couldn't.

Yeah, this isn't some new tactic by SSC. It's their business model. They charge a certain percentage over what HT charges them. When HT's prices go up, SSC's prices go up. That's how distribution works. There are often cheaper options than going through SSC directly, but factor in Rewards points/gift cards, exclusive accessories in many cases, knowledge that you're dealing with a trustworthy company, and no hassle cancellations (though you may be charged a fee), and SSC isn't always a bad bet though.

Posted on HT Collectors FB page as shared by a Michael Choy.

I think the figure just needs a little bulking up, a slightly thicker neck and broader face, and this will look better.

Reminds me of how some collectors reacted towards the Bane protos last year, and I hope this would turn out good just like Bane.

Still waiting for our local dealer to put this on PO. I'm guessing this would be offered at $180 if paid in full.

I was really hoping for the tattoos. Even the Brahma Bull on his right arm. I agree, he does need to be bulked up a little.

Back