1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha. Not clear on how the waitlist works still.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure how it works either, I was told ages ago it works on percentages based on average cancellations, failed orders & additional stock, so there's no guarantee the wait list staying open means anyone going on it can get a figure but chances are not enough people have gone on to the wait list to make up the percentage figure they've calculated (if that's indeed correct). :)

Everyone loves Iron Man more than Star Wars obviously.

Well the figures are pretty cool but Star Wars is my first choice if I've not got something..., I have plenty of Shadowtrooper examples so Hot Rod was my priority, still went on the wait list for the Shadowtrooper once securing the Iron Man figure though. :)

Well the figures are pretty cool but Star Wars is my first choice if I've not got something..., I have plenty of Shadowtrooper examples so Hot Rod was my priority, still went on the wait list for the Shadowtrooper once securing the Iron Man figure though. :)

Has it converted?

Not really sure what the point of comparing the new HT Shadow with the Medi is.

It's pretty obvious isn't it to anyone who knows anything about 1/6th figures?

Medi is small. Joints are loose, body a bit flimsy, but nice detail.
HT is proper 1/6th scale. Body is great, armour fits very well. Because it's just been released and the Medi is years old.

If you are gonna compare it to anything compare it to the SideShow Shadow Trooper. SS troopers are currently the highest quality out there that are not HT.

Like duh?

:lol

So your complain about the bad Medi bodies as compared to Sideshows?:slap:rotfl I have only four or five Medis, but those bodies are much better than ~70-80% of my Sideshow figures. They can stand on their own and hold up their arms for a pose which even the one of the last clones I got last year can't, even though it's one of their latest releases.

The Sideshow stormies armor look like slightly tweaked Hasbro's to me, Medi armor looks much better albeit diminutive. But still the white ones (SSC) with a few fixes can look pretty good. For some reason I could never get over that with the Sandtrooper (still I own one) and the Shadow Trooper. The matte surface looks extra bad in piss yellow and black I guess.

Has it converted?

Well I thought it had, I didn't pay too much attention though as it was an email for something else I'd forgotten about & have now cancelled..., not 100% sure if I want the Shadowtrooper either to be honest, it looks far better than the Sideshow figure I own but I prefer the original Stormtroopers to the EU counterparts. lol :)

Not really sure what the point of comparing the new HT Shadow with the Medi is.

It's pretty obvious isn't it to anyone who knows anything about 1/6th figures?

Medi is small. Joints are loose, body a bit flimsy, but nice detail.
HT is proper 1/6th scale. Body is great, armour fits very well. Because it's just been released and the Medi is years old.

If you are gonna compare it to anything compare it to the SideShow Shadow Trooper. SS troopers are currently the highest quality out there that are not HT.

Like duh?

:lol

Are you talking about the SSC Stormtrooper? I guess you took the description of Medi Stormtrooper from the SSC one. The same SSC one with inaccurate fugly helmet modeled after the freaky F/X. The one having a weirdly shaped armor you really need to futz with boiling water/hot air to fit somewhat on the body. The one with a floppy body that cannot hold itself or a blaster properly. The SSC Stormie is indeed the best Stormtrooper. In Bizzaro universe...

I agree. While I agree with your statement that Sideshow makes stellar troopers, it wasn't always the case. They're great now, but the Shadow Trooper and Stormtrooper didn't age all that well.

I've had both the Medi and SSC Shadow and vanilla troopers. Honestly the Medi bodies held up better over time. Both Sideshow bodies were so loose and floppy that they could barely stand. Both had other faults; neither were extremely accurate and the Medi was severely undersized.

While I also agree a comparison and this point seems unnecessary, I wouldn't dismiss it offhand, either.

Are you talking about the SSC Stormtrooper? I guess you took the description of Medi Stormtrooper from the SSC one. The same SSC one with inaccurate fugly helmet modeled after the freaky F/X. The one having a weirdly shaped armor you really need to futz with boiling water/hot air to fit somewhat on the body. The one with a floppy body that cannot hold itself or a blaster properly. The SSC Stormie is indeed the best Stormtrooper. In Bizzaro universe...

Totally agree...

My least liked collectible I own is Sideshow's Shadowtrooper figure, followed by the Sandtrooper..., really hate that I paid good money for what I consider to be tack! The 16 clones I own though? I like all of those very much & can't fault a single 1.

... For some reason I could never get over that with the Sandtrooper (still I own one) and the Shadow Trooper. The matte surface looks extra bad in piss yellow and black I guess.

Hmmmm.. think that comes down to personal taste.. imho, a matte finish looks much more 'military' than something that is shiny.. and particularly on the Shadow Trooper, with its supposed stealth tech.. just my two cents.

Delayed for some dockworkers strike. Sucks. If this is delayed then everythings delayed.

Another email that I got excited for until I read it. I know everything is delayed but since I got the Catwoman and Poison Ivy PFs in the last week or so I can't help but get my hopes up when I get another email from SS.

Back