1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries man we all do it :)
Holy crap you weren't even kidding! I've never seen a range like that before also weird lmao. Thanks man, at least I won't be getting that charged, good thing cause got more than a few things dropping soon (unless they get delayed further too)

If it's coming from SS it will be delayed no matter what it is. They are at the mercy of the port strike/slowdown in Long Beach, CA.

Holy crap you weren't even kidding! I've never seen a range like that before also weird lmao. Thanks man, at least I won't be getting that charged, good thing cause got more than a few things dropping soon (unless they get delayed further too)

Anything that wasn't in Sideshow's warehouse before the strike will be delayed till February - March at the earliest. It's a range because they have no idea when these will ship out, since it's out of their control. It's all up to everyone at the docks and how and when the labor dispute is resolved.

Check the site for all your orders because there's a good chance some or all may have been delayed. Everything I thought I had coming this month have been delayed (this, Hot Rod, Wonder Woman PF).

If it's coming from SS it will be delayed no matter what it is. They are at the mercy of the port strike/slowdown in Long Beach, CA.
Yeah that much I know. That's been pretty much all ppl have been asking g Alex on SF and here lol
Anything that wasn't in Sideshow's warehouse before the strike will be delayed till February - March at the earliest. It's a range because they have no idea when these will ship out, since it's out of their control. It's all up to everyone at the docks and how and when the labor dispute is resolved.

Check the site for all your orders because there's a good chance some or all may have been delayed. Everything I thought I had coming this month have been delayed (this, Hot Rod, Wonder Woman PF).
Dude you're not even kidding. Along with WW and this guy, I got Saruman delayed too. Thankfully I got CW just before Christmas :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

16218402982_854f8509b7_b.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic with some distortion and blur... New stormy is a pretty cool figure, though very similar to the Sideshow earlier release imo. Helmet looks the same, the chest and some armor pieces are tooled a bit better. The armor fits a lot better. Just to know what to expect from the standard release, they're basically a revision of the prior SS stormies.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean it's a verision of a Sideshow figure though, it's a Stormtrooper & in an ideal world seeing as various companies have made this in figure form, they should pretty much all be the same if accurate..., Sideshow's Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper figures were pretty poor in my opinion but thankfully Hot Toys have done a better job & that's all there is to it really, no revision..., they've made a figure.

Thanks for the comparison pics! Can't wait for a HT sandtrooper. I'm definitely getting no more than two of the regular troopers to save room for a couple sandtroopers.
Also have the shadow trooper on PO but I'll either cancel that or sell it off when either the scout or the regular stormtroopers arrive.

Thanks for the comparison pics! Can't wait for a HT sandtrooper. I'm definitely getting no more than two of the regular troopers to save room for a couple sandtroopers.

I'm hoping they'll make all 3 versions of the Sandtrooper, not really happy with the Sideshow Sandtrooper I have so only ever bought the 1..., it'd be nice to have all 3 though & have them with armour that actually fits properly. :)

couple more pics. i like it a lot. I misses the initial run of SS stormies years back. i like SS sandies, ive no gripes really but im pretty easy to please if its something i like. also glad I have the opportunity to splurge now, good time to collect star wars.

16033580067_a59d7ff34c_c.jpg

16218614072_160bb793cb_c.jpg

Nice pics and comparisons. Is the armor made of hard Plastic like the Sideshow ones, or are they more flexible like the Medicom and Marmit ones?

couple more pics. i like it a lot. I misses the initial run of SS stormies years back. i like SS sandies, ive no gripes really but im pretty easy to please if its something i like. also glad I have the opportunity to splurge now, good time to collect Star Wars.

Great time to collect. I dig how the SS sandtroopers look, first figures that really made me take notice of the scale, but I never considered them until they were too expensive second hand so I figure I'll wait until HT to match the stormies. Is it safe to say the Shadow Trooper is pretty much the exact height of the sandtrooper? Or is it a tiny bit taller?

couple more pics. i like it a lot. I misses the initial run of SS stormies years back. i like SS sandies, ive no gripes really but im pretty easy to please if its something i like. also glad I have the opportunity to splurge now, good time to collect star wars.

16033580067_a59d7ff34c_c.jpg

16218614072_160bb793cb_c.jpg
That's a great looking Vader! Nice pics.

[snip][...]very similar to the Sideshow earlier release imo. Helmet looks the same, the chest and some armor pieces are tooled a bit better. The armor fits a lot better. Just to know what to expect from the standard release, they're basically a revision of the prior SS stormies.

I expect them to be similar given they're representations of the same design; the armour looks much better and seems to taper in the correct places. Regarding the helmet...the 3/4 profile on the SSC was great, but it fell apart everywhere else...too rounded up top, too "jowly" around the tubes, eyes weren't right...while the HT helmet as seen in stormtrooper promotional photos isn't perfect, I saw a marked improvement...looking at your Shadowtrooper photos...the helmet tubes look a little smaller, the angle of the eyes seems better and the top of the dome less rounded, more correct...hard to read given some lens distortion and the confusing aspect of reading a reversed stormie helm...I'm hoping the helmets don't look the same...other photos suggest they are not.

At any rate, overall it looks great.

I don't find this figure to be similar at all to the SS releases.

The last SS sandy is just a little taller than this guy. After comparing them, one noticeable difference is how sharp the SS detailing, edges are compared to the Shadow.
That could be down to the gloss paint app of Shadow though.

Last edited:
I don't find this figure to be similar at all to the SS releases.

The last SS sandy is just a little taller than this guy. After comparing them, one noticeable difference is how sharp the SS detailing, edges are compared to the Shadow.
That could be down to the gloss paint app of Shadow though.

So maybe people should rethink their SS Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper fire sales? :lol

Back