1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelt my order. Looking at all the pics she looks great in some, meh in others. Meh doesn't justify the outlay when I'm not in awe of it. Got an XOne X to pay also. The Neca one will suffice as a representation for Alien Ripley.

Cancelt my order. Looking at all the pics she looks great in some, meh in others. Meh doesn't justify the outlay when I'm not in awe of it. Got an XOne X to pay also. The Neca one will suffice as a representation for Alien Ripley.

Im kinda with you on this. Wondering if I'm keeping her. Not sure i like it enough for $220.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

previously Sideshow didn't even have an option of shipping to me.
now i checked - they don't have a big banner "UNAVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING TO YOUR DESTINATION" but still don't show shipping, and it would be $40-70.
so i get mine figures from a HK reseller.

Well i hope you get one eventually, maybe one of us could have helped.
HK will ship anywhere though, even to the north pole :wink1: .

Cheers!
ALIEN

Yeah I ended up cancelling as well. As much as I'd love a Ripley in my collection, I was just having a hard time getting excited about this one. The headsculpt isn't wowing me the way other HT sculpts (like the recent Hela) have, and the outfit and accessories aren't terribly interesting to look at either. I imagine after a couple of days, it would have just ended up in a corner of the detolf instantly forgotten.

I am envious...if a NECA version of a figure could scratch the itch for me that a Hot Toys version does the money I would save would be like having a second job.

Canceled my preorder, got the outfit (two undershirts, flight suit, shoes, and watch) for about $60. The headsculpt wasnt doing it for me.

I am envious...if a NECA version of a figure could scratch the itch for me that a Hot Toys version does the money I would save would be like having a second job.

Believe me. If not for other priorities I would probably have gotten it any way. Would not have me feel different about the figure though, so lucky circumstances I guess.

Ripley was a must-get for me, regardless. The fact that she came out very good in spite of the long delay just makes it all better.

Definitely one of those, "Better in hand than in pics" figures.

I was very critical with this figure... but I am a BIG FAN of ALIEN movie and Ripley character. I think cannot be compared NECA toy with this figure... If you love ALIEN, you MUST HAVE this Ripley. I'm not a professional photographer but with two lights you can see a good figure!!

aucym9.jpg

2nu0u1f.jpg

2vsiusm.jpg

30szv9e.jpg

I have been thinking about lights... if you see my pictures, I think that the likeness is better with "white" light (left). I would like to try to make a new photoshoot using white light only...

Back