1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ xenom0rph
Hello,
For me great and sharp video, this beautiful figure. Great photos. The right light is really important, even with the best HT figures.
My Ripley I can pick up Monday.:)

Thank you for showing!

Greeting Markus

I'm speculating, but I think HT made the cat carrier first- then only discovered later that it was too small. Instead of starting over and making a bigger one, they made the too-small cat to fit it. AT OUR EXPENSE. alien-movie-screencaps.com-11852.jpgI'm seriously going to buy the set below on ebay and display it with my Ripley.alien-ellen-ripley-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902725-04 - Copy.jpg

Xen0morph photo shoot is impressive.

Looking forward to picking this up this afternoon after it’s late arrival at my local toy shop.
It’ll make a nice accessory for the Warrior Alien !!

Has Ripley arrived at the SS warehouse yet? Anyone receive shipping notices yet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have nothing bad to say about Ripley. Really pleased that I decided to ‘order’ the figure, yesterday !!!
I will point out that I am not mentioning the cat...

A couple of added extras, with more on the way
.... and of course the ultimate extra... skulking in the shadows ...

I have always loved this movie.

I remember a mate’s mum came back from the cinema and telling us both how much we’d have loved it: and how it was a shame we were too young to see it!!! Grrr
Fast forward to the vhs and ... well, the vhs quality was so bad, we still couldn’t see it ... hahahaha

All of you are using the base support to stand up the figure. Will she fall without it????

By the way... I have Ripley waiting for me in Spain customs (Madrid). Is soooo frustrating...

All of you are using the base support to stand up the figure. Will she fall without it????

By the way... I have Ripley waiting for me in Spain customs (Madrid). Is soooo frustrating...

I'm not using it, and she stands fine. She's had a fall, but that's because the bookshelf she was on was wobbly.

Wm280jM.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pose, Alice! Really feels like Ripley with her hand on her hip like that.

So can anyone confirm whether it's actually possible to pull the head up a bit, to give her that longer neck? Or will the head just pop off the second you move it up any higher?

I'm not using it, and she stands fine. She's had a fall, but that's because the bookshelf she was on was wobbly.

Wm280jM.jpg

OMG I think this is the BEST Ripley PICTURE I have seen... I love it. It's a natural pose. Congrats!

...mine is in Danish customs. Taking way too long.

I have my package dispatched one week ago... but Postal service gave me a wrong code and now spanish customs has my package "frozen"... Nobody helps me... I hope it will be resolve soon... (Crying a lot).

After having her a few days, here are some observations/things that I want to adjust or fix.

1) Skin tone. As soon as I pulled it out of the box, my wife said she was too dark. I agreed. She suffers from the same, weird grey/brown skin most Hot Toys figures have. It's like they have one default skin tone for every figure, and it definitely doesn't suit Ripley, as she was pretty pale in Alien.

2) The waist of the jumpsuit. It was pretty slim in the movie, but on the figure it could use a little tightening up. The lacing in the back will complicate the procedure, but I planned to change that anyway. Also, and this won't matter to most people, but the clothes underneath. The white shirt has the pockets that should be on the left sleeve on the right sleeve, and the patch that should be on the right sleeve isn't there. Also, when Ripley had the sleeves rolled up, the sleeves of the green undershirt were long enough to be visible. They're not quite long enough on the figure.

3) The hair. I still would have preferred rooted hair, even though I can see the obvious problems that would have accompanied mass producing a rooted hair figure that needed styled hair to look accurate. The sculpted hair looks fine. They did a good job of giving it the proper silhouette, but I think rooted hair will bring the figure up a notch.

4) Hands. And, like the skin tone, this is another thing that isn't exclusive to Ripley. You just get the bog standard hands. Pair of relaxed, pair of fists, trigger and gripping hands. Hands can add a lot of life to figures, and I really wish we could start getting some more expressive ones, or maybe some scene specific ones. The trigger hand looks kind of odd, since the flamethrower didn't have a conventional trigger.

5) Body. I wouldn't have expected them to make a new body just for Ripley, but seeing as she's pretty petite the Black Widow body kinda fills out the jumpsuit a bit more than I would like.

All of that is pretty nitpicky, especially since I have no problem fixing most of it, but it's just some stuff I've noticed.

They give female figures fist hands now? I only have Sarah Connor and she didn't have any. Her hands always sucked though - the trigger hand especially as it can barely hold onto the shotgun. The 'relaxed' hands have always been more like wave hands. Fingers curl in relaxed position.

Back