1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, because I'd take completely the opposite view, based on those comparison pics you've chosen. Left looks more immediately like Ripley; and look how much better the outfit is, too. No weird massive wonky stitch seam on the tshirt collar, the white shirt collar and position sits properly (and her neck seems longer too), the jumpsuit collar is better folded & finished (tho ironically in that proto shot it's sitting too high there)

Presumably (well, hopefully) some of those things are partly due to lighting on the sculpt & outfit preparation for the photos shot for the left. But, will be interesting to see what can be done to sort things like out once I have this in hand. The sculpt is what it is, and it'll have to do, but hope it should be possible to make the production outfit look & sit a little better with some futzing.

Sorry but the final product has a tshirt collar more accurate than the prototype.

CuQBLXbWAAAE5_9.jpg

Hello everybody
Different focal lengths / different perspectives.
Just as an example Obi Wan: Pictures with 14-35-230 mm focal length made.
(APS-C Sensor) 35mm (50 full-size) is the normal focal length as the human eye.

For me, Ripley is good enough, actually very good!
Cat must not enter the showcase.:)

perspektive.JPG

That damn Jonsey. Lol.
f939cbb1d55bc13712bdaca5ab4e4de2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job on the review, thanks for taking the time to make it and share. Just wish mine would arrive soon! What the fig needs is a nice ship hallway backdrop like this-

latest

Last edited:
Sorry but the final product has a tshirt collar more accurate than the prototype.

I wasn't commenting on the accuracy, I was saying to me it looks better finished & folded, as with the other outfit elements, at that protype stage. Overall I still think the jumpsuit material somehow looks wrong fullstop, so it's all a moot point. But I'm hoping to find that at least the finish of the production outfit is good once I see it in-hand, as that should help with then trying to make it all look a bit better/accurate.

Yeh, I'm hoping a bit of poking about with it out the box, and that'll improve things, as is often the way. It would just be nice to not feel the need to wait & see and then fiddle about with it, but there 'tis

Yes, it's THE SHIRT. If you pull down the shirt she will look better.

I love this review. The headsculpt is not the best thing we could have, but it's a very good figure.

I preordered it on May, last year... I don't know when she will arrives in Spain...

I agree the shirt could be pulled down a bit, but it's really how low the head appears to be next to the shoulders that stands out to me. Although who knows, it may be possible to angle the shoulders down a bit more. And maybe a water treatment to the jumpsuit would help push everything down more as well.

Seeing people's display plans for this Ripley among the Space suit and Big Chap figures, it would have been cooler if this came with a decapitated Ash head instead of Jonesy. That would pretty much cover all bases of the first films iconography.

You could put an LED inside the head to light up a trail of fine fiber optic wires!

I'd also like half a Yaphet Kotto. I could probably make that dangling foot myself -- with the crinkled toe.

Considering that Sigourney Weaver is taller than most women, I'd really like to see a comparison of this figure with some male hot toys figures like Tony Stark or Luke Skywalker (both RDJ and Mark Hamill 5'9"), Punisher or Daredevil (Jon Bernthal and Charlie Cox are both 5'10") and Captain America or Bucky (both Chris Evan and Sebastion Stan are around the same height as Weaver at 6').

Back