1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This. I can't imagine there's more than 300 preorders... and that might be high.

Well, holding onto it won't lead to more pre-orders, it will lead to more cancellations. Then they're stuck with all kinds of stock. How exactly does that help them, UNLESS this never went to production.

Meanwhile at the Hot Toys HQ….the pleading continues from a dedicated ALIEN collector:

Howard Chan: “Thank you, that will be all.”
Collector: “Please, you're not listening to me. Kane, the freaks forum member, Kane who went into that shipping warehouse said he saw thousands of Iron Man variants there, thousands.”
Howard Chan: “Thank you, that will be ALL!”
Collector: “Goddamn it that's not all! Cause if one of those variants sells successfully then that will be all, and this, this Ripley and Jones figure that us collectors think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!”

Meanwhile at the Hot Toys HQ….the pleading continues from a dedicated ALIEN collector:

Howard Chan: “Thank you, that will be all.”
Collector: “Please, you're not listening to me. Kane, the freaks forum member, Kane who went into that shipping warehouse said he saw thousands of Iron Man variants there, thousands.”
Howard Chan: “Thank you, that will be ALL!”
Collector: “Goddamn it that's not all! Cause if one of those variants sells successfully then that will be all, and this, this Ripley and Jones figure that us collectors think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!”

:rotfl

Why don't you just check out that warehouse?

Because I don't have to. There's been iron man's in there for over 20 years....they never complained about any variant figures

What do you mean, what figures...

Collectors. Warehouse workers...they setup shipping crates of figures, takes decades....It's what we call a shake and ship warehouse..

How many are there? How many figures?

I dunno, 60, maybe 70 versions of Iron man..

Iron man....Jesus.....

“A 12 inch figure that is covered in bright red armor (these are your words) and has over 30 points of articulation."

The analysis team which went through your collection centimeter by centimeter found no physical evidence of the action figure you describe.

Good! That's because I sold it for a goddamn percentage...Like I said.

*I did once own an Iron Man figure, the original Mark III - back when I was just buying anything HT made

The analysis team which went through your collection centimeter by centimeter found no physical evidence of the action figure you describe.

index.jpg

We've been waiting for this figure so long, it almost feels like I've had her in my collection for years already.

I've gone through nearly the full gamut of collecting emotions at this point, without ever holding it in my hands. From the thrill and excitement of the announcement, to the rush of anticipation at the unboxing, to the ... well ... I don't want to say indifference ... but ...

You know that feeling when you've had a piece in your collection for a long time and you kind of don't quite notice it anymore? That's kind of where I am.

Howard! I've turned the Pre-Order button back on. Howard!

The figure will indefinitely be delayed in T-minus one minute

You b**ch!

Back