1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always thought that figures with exposed wrists and ankles should have an optional replacement part that has no seam and no articulation. You could choose the jointed version for poses that require it, or choose the seamless version for greater realism. Hell, they already include a ton of accessories with most figures, it wouldn't add much to the cost to include an extra pair of forearms.

i hate extra parts.
every time i have extra parts, i get some parts to build another figure around them, until i'm out of parts.
then i get some extra parts to keep just in case i break something... it's a vicious cycle.

So did I read correctly (somewhere) that release of HT Ripley has been pushed back to March 2017? Is that confirmed? Thanks! :)

Probably. It would be consistent with the general pattern of delay upon delay upon delay at every possible stage with this figure.

i hate extra parts.
every time i have extra parts, i get some parts to build another figure around them, until i'm out of parts.
then i get some extra parts to keep just in case i break something... it's a vicious cycle.

:lol

I'm familiar with this

Sideshow still has Ripley for Jan thru Feb release. Email from them as of last week says the same. One more push back and I'll cancel. It's just a plastic doll, an expensive plastic doll at that.

So did I read correctly (somewhere) that release of HT Ripley has been pushed back to March 2017? Is that confirmed? Thanks! :)

I don't think that there has been ANY HT figure of any line (except for maybe an Iron Man figure) that was released ON TIME this year. ALL of my preorders, Rey/BB-8, Black Widow, WW, Ripley even that alien girl thing have all been pushed back from original release timeframe. Heck it'll be lucky if I get the Harley Quinn figure by next xmas! I just got my Black Widow yesterday btw....

Thanks for the replies folks. I assume the Star Wars maximization window (i.e. around the time any new film debuts) somewhat determines the Hot Toys release schedule, as one would think Darth Vader and Co. would take production priority across the Christmas period - pushing other lines back.

Thanks for the replies folks. I assume the Star Wars maximization window (i.e. around the time any new film debuts) somewhat determines the Hot Toys release schedule, as one would think Darth Vader and Co. would take production priority across the Christmas period - pushing other lines back.
I agree with you. But when they've taken people's money there should be no more push backs. They knew this Star Wars movie was on its way yet they give a release date on Ripley and others, knowing full well they wont commit to it. Bad business practice. I guess it has always worked for them though?

I agree with you. But when they've taken people's money there should be no more push backs. They knew this Star Wars movie was on its way yet they give a release date on Ripley and others, knowing full well they wont commit to it. Bad business practice. I guess it has always worked for them though?

Oh, I agree - the delay on the Ripley figure really has been unforgivable. I assume the profit motive simply wins out every time, and given we receive a new Star Wars movie every year now, many figures are simply squeezed out because of the barrage of SW figures (and Iron Man, etc.). It seems like there's at least 10 figures they're releasing for Rogue One, and such numbers simply must put a huge dent in the output capacity of their production facilities.

yeah but there won't be any Rogue One figures in collector's hands at the time of the movie in theaters. At best they are 8 -12 months away. So when Episode VIII rolls in next December we'll be receiving our Rogue One figures in the mail, while pre-ordering Episode VIII figures....:eyeroll:

People say all the time that when it comes to HT it's all about money and profit and not about the collectors.... well, you seem to forget that the reason why the profit is in SW and Ironman is that that is what most people are buying - meaning that if you push those back instead, more people will be disappointed. It's a question of demand. So we're just unlucky that we are the few and therefor not as highly prioritized. Nothing unique or strange about that.

No "Nothing unique or strange about that." for them anyway.
Once you take a customers money you are committed to that sale. There shouldn't even be preorders available if they aren't prepared to ship as promised. If they have no confidence in the item then don't put it up for order. It's a lousy business practice which is giving me more and more time to think on whether I actually need a plastic doll collecting dust on a shelf. I'm making a big assumption here, but I'm willing to bet they've lost many a customer for just that reason.

I've waited for Ripley like... 35 years? I can wait a few more months.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

First quarter 2017 according to Budget Stark

So I guess we can expect her to arrive in the US and abroad somewhere around March-April.

Last edited:
Guess who!?
0c331549b249f294b34094d21852787b.jpg

Back