1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

This might be the one and only time a soft sculpt wouldn't be bad. That did, however, destroy a nearly perfect Matrix sculpt. That was crushing.

True, her features were very soft at the time. Right up HTs alley - really hard to make them too soft in this case.

Looks like Tom Cruise.
not Penelopa Kruz?
well at least she has rooted hair and properly attached wrists.

Right up HTs alley - really hard to make them too soft in this case.

6Lj9ffP.jpg

not Penelopa Kruz?
well at least she has rooted hair and properly attached wrists.

6Lj9ffP.jpg

Nope, nothing soft about those features.

I'm pretty sure Weaver was born looking the way she did in Aliens.

Nope, nothing soft about those features.

I'm pretty sure Weaver was born looking the way she did in Aliens.
but i saw... in resurrection... she was soft first.

alien_resurrection_1.jpg

you don't think it was all just CGI, do you? :(

Can they just fix the damn sculpt already...they're fixing Harley Quinn's knee joint issue by creating a new leg design yet they can't make a new sculpt for Ellen Ripley and Jonesy? What the hell? I can't believe the level of neglect this figure has received from its own friggin company. Proof is in the photos at almost every con *those darned wrist pegs and that horrid tan sculpt. This is one of the greatest films ever made for its time and is a true classic yet Suicide Squad is getting better sculpts and was a flop to say the least. Granted, Harley Quinn was amazing but the movie overall was okay in comparison.

Can they just fix the damn sculpt already...they're fixing Harley Quinn's knee joint issue by creating a new leg design yet they can't make a new sculpt for Ellen Ripley and Jonesy?
number of kids to buy modern summer blockbuster figure: approximately 9 999 999 and growing in a geometrical rate through social network infoviruses.
number of grown-up marasmatic nerds to buy some old crap figure: 999.... 998.... 997... (number constantly decreasing due to family/money/health matters).

HT crew is happy to answer your questions.

It's a niche product and we are the niche i.e. the vocal minority.

As the days go by I wish some other company did the Alien license justice. With HT it's a lame big chap and a disappointing Ripley

As the days go by I wish some other company did the Alien license justice. With HT it's a lame big chap and a disappointing Ripley
:goodpost:

number of kids to buy modern summer blockbuster figure: approximately 9 999 999 and growing in a geometrical rate through social network infoviruses.
number of grown-up marasmatic nerds to buy some old crap figure: 999.... 998.... 997... (number constantly decreasing due to family/money/health matters).

That is so true man. :lol

..& no, not Penelopa Kruz. Am I to assume then, that you're a fan of rooted hair on your figures, P. ?

I actually think that's one saving grace about this figure (even if noodles).

Am I to assume then, that you're a fan of rooted hair on your figures, P. ?
nope i just stay in trend! rooted hair look like pubic, sculpted hair look like noodles.

ac95ih.jpg

giphy.gif

but i saw... in resurrection... she was soft first.

alien_resurrection_1.jpg

you don't think it was all just CGI, do you? :(
Not sure, but maybe you missed the sarcasm in my remarks. It's quite obvious that you are correct about Weaver looking softer in her younger years, yet some people can't get the Aliens look out of their minds.

I doubt I ever disagree with you P., so if it seems like I'm disagreeing, it's probably sarcasm.

I doubt I ever disagree with you P., so if it seems like I'm disagreeing, it's probably sarcasm.
it's really pleasant to hear that (especially in my case), but...
i just supported your joke, and if you think i'd call CGI child clone a real Weaver, you must think i'm dumb :dunno

Last edited:

it's really pleasant to hear that (especially in my case), but...
i just supported your joke, and if you think i'd call CGI child clone a real Weaver, you must think i'm dumb :dunno

As I started the statement, I wasn't sure if you were continuing the joke. My bad.

The likeness might not be spot-on, however this is still the best Ripley figure that we have ever gotten, and by a large margin at that.
I guess being the best isn't good enough for some people.

The likeness might not be spot-on, however this is still the best Ripley figure that we have ever gotten, and by a large margin at that.
I guess being the best isn't good enough for some people.

It's probably been said before, but I suspect her facial structure presents some sculpting challenges

Go into the Star Wars forum under Death Star Trooper and the new Sandtrooper, so many images and angles/views from the recent show. Why just one picture and one angle over here?

Back