1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew something was missing from the HT ALIENS Ripley that came with the Power Loader...
In the film, she's wearing a sleeveless grey undershirt under the white T-shirt. The figure didn't include one.
I knew it was missing the black tactical harness, so I took that from the stand-alone Ripley I had, before I sold it.
Since I've replaced the head, and I'm replacing the body with a taller one, I thought I should get her the grey undershirt too.
I ripped the white shirt sleeve so it slumps down her left shoulder, as it was during the PL vs Queen fight.
So, with the sleeve falling down her shoulder, the grey undershirt becomes visible. Now I'll have that extra bit of accuracy in place. I'm also making her wrist watch.
1523065828208827052.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-25 (345) Aliens (1986) - Colonial Marines Wake Up - YouTube.jpg

3aab0-ripleyscreenshot-lrg-32.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-25 (345) ALIENS (1986) RIPLEY VS THE QUEEN ALIEN (2) (HD) - YouTube.jpg

I'm going to dye it with RIT Dye for Synthetics, Graphite color- to make it darker.

ts-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Curious about your swap.
Im getting a rooted hair sculpt for my power loader and was looking for a new body.
Hope this one works.

I'm going for the hair swap with the place Ripley as I'm not a big fan of rooted hair.

uh... I should have been able to figure that one out.

Speaking of Power Loaders, I have the original HT one... I trimmed the rooted hair on the new custom head to convert it to an ALIENS version, and it actually looks pretty damned good- better than I expected, although I did need to glue on some extra hair on the rear lower edge of the head to hide the brown plastic scalp- but it looks fine.

However, handling the original HT Ripley body that came with the Loader reminded me how under-height it is; a full inch too short. (Sigourney is 6" tall) Now with the upgraded head, I want to switch the whole body, to eliminate the exposed elbow joints and add that extra height. I just found and ordered the 'POPTOYS' body shown below, that has seamless rubber arms, small boobs, and leg extenders. $33.00 and free shipping- not too bad. This might be the perfect solution, even if I have to alter it in some ways. Fitting the pants on a taller figure shouldn't be an issue, because there is quite a bit of extra length to the pant legs tucked under the Rebocs.
I can add length to the torso, legs, and the upper arms if needed- because they will be covered by the white T-shirt sleeves. A taller ALIENS Ripley with no visable elbow joints will be a nice change- and I can hide the left wrist joint by making a custom silver wristwatch.
View attachment 432322

here's a photo of my custom Ripley so far:

View attachment 432321

BTW still need this?

Does anybody have a good scan of the original PL owner's manual?
I searched but found nothing. I want to make sure I glue the hoses in the correct places; hose 'A' goes to peg 'B', etc.
I lost my original PL box and instruction sheet in a flooded garage years ago.

(as an homage to Giger, I might glue hoses onto Ripley's nipples. Or Nipley's ripples. Either way, Giger would approve.)

Last edited:
Curious about your swap.
Im getting a rooted hair sculpt for my power loader and was looking for a new body.
Hope this one works.

I'm going for the hair swap with the place Ripley as I'm not a big fan of rooted hair.

BTW still need this?
YES!... I hope you have some good scans, that would be great.
Regarding the body: I suggest using the tall S22A Phicen seamless body. It only comes with medium bust- which is too big for Ripley. However, the original HT chest can be cut and spliced into place. Also, the tall Phicen body would make Ripley a realistic 6 feet tall.

Hello
Here's the instructions sheet for the powerloader tubes
JointPics_20190126_141058.JPG

So the pop toys body didn't work out?

Last edited:
Hello
Here's the instructions sheet for the powerloader tubes.
So the pop toys body didn't work out?

Hey thanks, that photo helps a lot.
The Poptoys body turned out to be the same height as the original HT body, and the arms were super-thin. Also, even though it said "tanned skin version", it was REALLY pale. More pale than the custom Ripley head by far. So, I returned it, and ordered the Phicen S22A, which is a full 12 inches tall, (after you add the head) and is seamless- so Ripley won't have any visible joints at her exposed elbows. Cutting and replacing the boob section with the original HT boobs won't be difficult, and the cut/glue lines will be covered by the shirt.

Well, I guess we dont have the same opinion.It works for me and way better than the one Ripley comes with.

Agreed. I seen better things come with Happy Meals then that damn cat HT gave us. I just left it in the carry cot thing and have never looked at it again. :lol

Your new cat looks more then good enough.

1) The HT Captain Marvel cat looks perfect, and the collar can easily be removed and patched with epoxy putty.
2) Snyder's cat is WAY overpriced, and, well... it blows. $139 on eBay, was $179 a couple weeks ago.

3) My Ripley (ALIENS) overhall is complete, and she looks 1000% better with the custom head and Phicen S22A body.

Last edited:
Back