1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I dunno ht have been really slow with the releases of items shown at comic con. This batman returns, marty mcfly and a general lack of 80's movies items being previewed hasn't increased my confidence in HT.
I'd love to see ht concentrate on items like:

Cain and Robocop from Robocop 2
New colonial marines
Alien and aliens ripley representations
More figures from back to the future
Die hard or ghostbusters figures
Endoskeleton from terminator 1

Instead there is too much concentration on marvel..

If HT did Ghostbusters it would be the best news ever!!

I think this might be another Shaw...a no-go. LOOK how many A0U figures have been announced. HT isn't going to do this...they want the huge sellers to justify production costs. Wishful thinking..only a prototype.

is there any update for this figures yet ?

:exactly: why I just came here :lol.... I guess Avengers have thrown everything off now, hopefully we'll see something at Comic Con, I still havent heard or seen anything on that Anime Machiko either :dunno

If there was anything new no one would have to ask. (not trying to be a smart-@$$ there, it's just the reality)

I think this figure has entered the category of figures that will never see the light of day.

There have been a few ones of note for me...figures from HT that get the big announcement, the sometimes proto-tease or appear on lists somewhere that just quietly die.

Was always ready to buy that XM-FC Xavier...that ROTS Anakin...the Prometheus figures, the GOTG Drax and now this.

Please don't say that. :monkey2 This is Ripley we're talking about here. As an action heroine, she's at least on par with Sarah Connor. And she got a figure (not counting the T-1000 in disguise).

It really makes me wonder why they even showed this at SDCC and all the shows last year. If it wasn't even close to being up for preorder (which it clearly wasn't), why show it? They could have just had Marty, the Delorean, Arkham Batman, and Battle Damaged Murphy and that would have been enough. Atleast they acted on those before the Marvel craze.

Why even show both Ripley figures, the Power Loader and Returns Batman? Makes no sense. I still don't get why they put Returns Batman smack dab in the front of their 2014-2015 catalog last year with the likes of Iron Man, Malificient and Groot. Was it some kind of joke? Clearly they took studio spec pics of it to put it on the front of the catalog. Why show this **** if they have no intention of releasing it for months to a year ahead of time?

Say Ripley and Batman don't come out till after this years SDCC (if they even come out at all) which is looking more and more likely. Why show them a year in advance? Why not just wait till you have them done and ready to go like you do for 90% of your figures. That way, nobody would ***** at you. We wouldn't have even known that Ripley was a possibly, let alone two, if they hadn't shown them at Comic Con.

Well, it gives non Marvel collectors something to be excited about when they show something off but of course they actually have to make and release the ****ing stuff otherwise it's really like they're just trolling us. And Prometheus fans sure as hell got trolled. There is a precedent.

Last edited:

The timing certainly couldn't have been worse considering HT's fetish for all things Marvel and Howard's personal obsession with the SW OT.

Please don't say that. :monkey2 This is Ripley we're talking about here. As an action heroine, she's at least on par with Sarah Connor. And she got a figure (not counting the T-1000 in disguise).

That was years ago though, before every second release was a Marvel figure.

That was years ago though, before every second release was a Marvel figure.

sarahconnor.jpg

Just looking at pics of the Sarah Connor figure, it looks awfully like a Sidesho- (Transmission terminated due to Code of Conduct).

Aye, when it comes to outfits, I'll give the nod to HT. But dose faces... :slap

Sarah looks great with her sunglasses on. But overly skinny necks and vacant eyes are a problem with HT female figures, also for accuracy sake her bangs should have been much longer. (I'm hesitant to say 'bangs', we call it a 'fringe' over here, but this being a US forum...)

Yeah its kinda stupid really this whole situation I mean. HT is showing us their gazillionth marvel figure and leaving a much loved franchise by the wayside. I wonder if its a marketing ploy. Hey lets show them a figure they all really want and pump out the marvel figures in the hope those waiting for a ripley figure will get tired of waiting and pick up an ironman figure in the meantime.

Sarah looks great with her sunglasses on. But overly skinny necks and vacant eyes are a problem with HT female figures, also for accuracy sake her bangs should have been much longer. (I'm hesitant to say 'bangs', we call it a 'fringe' over here, but this being a US forum...)

Strewth a-dev, what next? Dropping your 'u's and replacing your 's's with 'z's? I don't even want to ask how you just pronounced 'z'...

Good, good, a-dev is finally assimilating and becoming "one of us".

People actually say fringe over here too quite a bit actually. When I get a haircut, I don't say "yo, cut my bangs *****", I say fringe.

Strewth a-dev, what next? Dropping your 'u's and replacing your 's's with 'z's? I don't even want to ask how you just pronounced 'z'...

Hey! We don't serve your kind here. Your Australianisms, they'll have to wait outside, we don't want them here! :monkey3

I actually have seen myself dropping 'u's and I've even spelt 'Judgement' without that middle 'e' on occasion because of the full title of T2. Don't judg me!

Back