1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Where the heck is this Ripley doll anyway?

I really want to have this one checked off my list. I need preorder for security.

She's still in cryosleep.

Ripley_in_hypersleep.jpg

Yeah. I'm getting either this or the power loader version. Need at least one representation of the Aliens franchise.

I like her look better overall in Alien personally. I could care less about the power loader.

We need to beg HT to make a Big Chap! That would be incredible

Did that nickname originate with the hot toys figure, or somewhere else? I hate it too.

I'll be picking up every version of Ripley Hot Toy's makes. Unless it's from Resurrection. That movie doesn't exist to me. And only the Director's cut of Alien 3. Fox should have trusted Fincher with his version from the start. So when is this preorder going to happen?

Past evidence begs to differ. And man I hate that 'Big Chap' nickname. Really silly that it actually made it onto the box. The front of the box no less, in large letters.

https://www.xl-shop.com/forum/DEC09/alien-big-cap1.jpg
Agreed. I understand that the crew called it the "Big Chap" but it should have never gone outside the set, let alone the front of the box.

Well hopefully they would improve upon the other version and make it great. We need a good 1/6 Xeno. A "classic Alien" we can pair with Ripley. It's only right..

Well hopefully they would improve upon the other version and make it great. We need a good 1/6 Xeno. A "classic Alien" we can pair with Ripley. It's only right..

:exactly: :goodpost:
I don't know where HT got it in theirs heads that xenomorphs don't sell well or that we don't want them,
the issue was they didn't make them worth a crap in the past. Give me at least 1 HT xenomorph :pray:

I wonder, if Alien Isolation sells well, they will consider another Shot at the Alien..it's different..but you never know.
I'd go for an Amanda as well... just thinking out loud...I want Jot toys to give the classic another shot in any case.

Apparently, Hot Toys' last attempt at Kane's son was a mixed bag. If there is a 2.0, hopefully it'll be much improved.

review_bigchap_3.jpg

I don't care about 1/6 HT Alien figures - they'll be a pile of black goo in five years anyway.

I'm happy to stick with my brittle cheap NECA ones. :lol

Did that nickname originate with the hot toys figure, or somewhere else? I hate it too.

Agreed. I understand that the crew called it the "Big Chap" but it should have never gone outside the set, let alone the front of the box.

I also heard its what the crew called the creature during filming. Like "Lets get the big chap into position..." kind of thing. If true, I think it applied more to Bolaji Badejo more than the alien creature and also hate that name.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of "bug" or "xenomoprh" either. Both terms were used in Aliens long before anyone had a clue what they were dealing with yet everyone acts like that was their "official name". Xenomorph is a generic term for something that changes its form.

That said, I do understand they need to call them something to differentiate between the versions, but I prefer simply "classic/giger" alien and "alien warrior" myself.

Back