1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my money back the other day. Waste of time. No show. No go lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got my money back the other day. Waste of time. No show. No go lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is what happens when you totally abandon loyal customers. Leaving them drifting out in space where no one can hear you scream or in this case, yell.

They aren't canceling this. I'm sure the reason they are pumping out other figures before Ripley is that those new figures have a collector's appeal whose lifespan is uncertain; not time-tested. (not including Star Wars, obviously) They need to push those figures while the theatrical hype is still fresh, for maximum $$$... ALIEN has been around since 1979, and its popularity will never die. The Marvel films, on the other hand, don't have that same market reliability over time. I know many collectors who were going absolutely insane with enthusiasm for the Ironman suits, now they've cooled off of them. HT can afford to put Ripley WAY on the back burner while they milk the currently popular franchises. That's capitalism for you...

Logic.

That point has been made many times. And it's not going to stop people being pissed off about this situation. If she wasn't actually coming soon Hot Toys shouldn't have put her on that poster. They created the expectation.

That point has been made many times. And it's not going to stop people being pissed off about this situation. If she wasn't actually coming soon Hot Toys shouldn't have put her on that poster. They created the expectation.

It would be shady business if they cancelled it. She goes up for pre-order 1.5 years ago, they take peeps money, then they cancel the figure? Has HT cancelled any fig AFTER peeps have paid?

i think were getting it LATER than sooner, but well get it. I just hope it was worth the wait. HT might be at the front of the 1/6 collectible world, but they have show to have little respect for their customers.

This is so nuts...I mean just listen...Listen to what you're saying, it's paranoid delusion, it's really sad....it's pathetic...

Respect will be "coming soon"!!

I'll stay tuned for that.

This is so nuts...I mean just listen...Listen to what you're saying, it's paranoid delusion, it's really sad....it's pathetic...

:lol :lol :lol

It would be shady business if they cancelled it. She goes up for pre-order 1.5 years ago, they take peeps money, then they cancel the figure? Has HT cancelled any fig AFTER peeps have paid?

i think were getting it LATER than sooner, but well get it. I just hope it was worth the wait. HT might be at the front of the 1/6 collectible world, but they have show to have little respect for their customers.

I think it'd be a first if it was cancelled. Presumably everyone would be compensated?

More logic.

What was the original release date? SSC says July. So is it really that late? Or are we just antsy?

More logic.

What was the original release date? SSC says July. So is it really that late? Or are we just antsy?

It's pretty late as far as the release projection they gave when the official specs and pics came out - Q4 2016-Q1 2017. And what makes it feel longer still is that, unlike Marvel, DC or Star Wars, people here don't have numerous other figures and announcements to be distracted by. This figure is it, pretty much.

And heck it took about 2 years after it was first shown just to get those official specs and pics. Thread started in July 2014 and Centrocal posted the Hi-Res shots in May 2016.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147075&p=8612780&viewfull=1#post8612780

The first post indicating Sideshow had her up for order^ May 2016.

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, i would agree this is about 4-6 months behind the tail end of their original projection window.

Just doesnt feel like this is a priority. But i dont see them cancelling this. It would be unprecedented.

They won't be cancelling it. Any talk of cancelling is just fake news. Others have asked whether any Hot Toys figure was cancelled after being up for pre-order--pretty sure the answer is no or many people would have heard about it.

Funny watching the BW Ghostbusters thread try to compare itself to this one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostbusters :lol how long they been waiting? 13 months? And they've had regular show pictures to satisfy them. No comparison.

I wonder how many of them won't have funds when the time comes? It always happens, especially with multiple figures. Now there's going to be 20 pages of people talking themselves out of that $1500 Ecto-1.

Back