1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the marines as a set maybe 5 yrs back. I sold the empty boxes as a set on ebay for like $260. Still cant get over that.

It's true, the ancient HT Marines (2007) leave a lot to be desired by today's standards... but then today's standards will be tomorrows nostalgia.

Nothing we collect will be satisfactory in 10 years as long as the hobby continues to improve.

Isn't there a custom thread for those things? I remember seeing some great work with them, with working shoulder lights.

Isn't there a custom thread for those things? I remember seeing some great work with them, with working shoulder lights.

Yes: Building your Marines Correctly.

Those figures did look a lot better with the custom sculpts for Apone, Hicks and Hudson... and with the working lights and tracking box from Hurricane. I got all that stuff, have no idea if the working lights still work though. But they rocked hard back when I first had them all set up. There was endless help to get the right graffiti on the armor, the right gear and trinkets -- with all that and weathering those marines looked pretty awesome.

Yes: Building your Marines Correctly.

Those figures did look a lot better with the custom sculpts for Apone, Hicks and Hudson... and with the working lights and tracking box from Hurricane. I got all that stuff, have no idea if the working lights still work though. But they rocked hard back when I first had them all set up. There was endless help to get the right graffiti on the armor, the right gear and trinkets -- with all that and weathering those marines looked pretty awesome.

Oh yeah now I remember. I do recall discussion on the armor camo and graffiti.

I really hate that HT just sits on a graveyard of licenses that people desperately want. The last one I recall that people went nuts for was John Matrix, and lo and behold we get that soft fat head sculpt again for Arnold.

I seriously doubt were getting niche figures ever again. It's just Iron Man and his amazing superfriends, forever.

You guys are lucky that you got them when you did. I really wish I got into 1/6 collecting even 2 years earlier. I could of gotten stuff so much cheaper.

I bought all of the marines directly from Sideshow when they were originally released, and I remember thinking at the time that $80 was an INSANE amount of money to be spending on a doll.

If I had any idea...

Of course, I stupidly sold them all a few years ago, and cling to the hope that they'll be redone at some point, but it's looking less likely with every passing year.

Really hoping this license slips away from HT and lands with a smaller, hungrier company at some point. Somebody who's production pipeline isn't jammed with a continuous geyser of fresh content from giant licenses.

I think that's the only way the marines ever get another shot.

I'm hoping Xensation continue their line beyond Mr Robot. If actual Marines don't appear, some updated heads from a smaller manfacturer would be most welcome, in the same way the Treasure Hunter and Space Tracker heads rejuvenated older figures, HT Indy, SS Bespin Han and Hoth Han. My HT Rambo 3 has been transformed with the arrival of the Supreme head.

'Alien' just can't seem to generate any real interest. The franchise is as dead as it could possibly be. Any genuine scare that a sequel could muster is undone immediately by a generation weaned on comics and AvP. There's no way to revive Alien in the way its most effective -- as horror/sci-fi. The Alien itself is just too common.

I just don't see a line of $200+ action figures of forgotten marines coming... ever.

The MacFarlane line seems to be the best way to collect 'Aliens'.

With that in mind, I will hold on to my marines -- and my Nostromo astronauts -- for as long as they don't crumble into dust.

For me, this Ripley was always the final piece to a completed collection.

'Alien' just can't seem to generate any real interest. The franchise is as dead as it could possibly be. Any genuine scare that a sequel could muster is undone immediately by a generation weaned on comics and AvP. There's no way to revive Alien in the way its most effective -- as horror/sci-fi. The Alien itself is just too common.

I just don't see a line of $200+ action figures of forgotten marines coming... ever.

The MacFarlane line seems to be the best way to collect 'Aliens'.

With that in mind, I will hold on to my marines -- and my Nostromo astronauts -- for as long as they don't crumble into dust.

For me, this Ripley was always the final piece to a completed collection.

You mean NECA, not McF

In my opinion, the only way to revive the Alien franchise is if one of the diehard fans get their hands on the opportunity. Those who can recite Geiger's behind the scenes quotes.

We've been saturated with the xenomorph to the point that they've become more "cool" cannon fodder that creepy.
I think there should be a movie about the xenomorph homeworld. Not that Ridley crap. A horror/sci-fi movie about what it's like to experience what it would be like if a Xenomorph hive/city was to reach its undisturbed planetary full potential.
Would they set traps or defenses we haven't seen? Build new structures? Change in behavior? Evolve? Find a way to communicate with humans?

This seems like a better option instead of retracing ones steps end ruining what has been established.

There is a TON of good Alien stuff that could be done. It just alwas kept under budget and small.

Alien : Earth War?

They need to stop with the single Alien jumping from the shadows and bring on a larger scale Aliens.....

Mix Aliens with World War Z and see what happens.....

There is a TON of good Alien stuff that could be done. It just alwas kept under budget and small.

Alien : Earth War?

They need to stop with the single Alien jumping from the shadows and bring on a larger scale Aliens.....

Mix Aliens with World War Z and see what happens.....

^This^.
The feeling of "step one foot outside and you're dead".

I dunno guys, anything new that they might do with the Alien we'd probably reject, ''not my canon''. Our ideas of what the creature should be are too ingrained, any deviation won't be acceptable. They should just forget about it at this point. And toy companies should just focus on the classics instead of bothering with the new stuff. *cough* Covenant *cough* T:Genisys

That's why I said it had to be in the hands of a diehard fan.
I myself must have seen Alien 1-3 over forty times.
Others have tried to reinvent the alien while they should have simply added to the story instead.

Maybe you're right though.
Just "Laissez-faire" the darn thing.

Earth War would simply be CGI 'zombies'. No more emotional than any other world war Z movie.

Its not the scale, guys. Its the characters. That's what you come to love. That's why Aliens works. Not because of the repetitive alien assaults or the Queen. Its the characters and their story/struggle. Sounds stupid, simple, but that's what its always been about. But getting the right 'group' together ain't so easy. Kick-ass Marines going into a hive and getting their ass kicked is a pinnacle idea.

Seeing an Alien City is comic book junk. I could care less about their 'world'. In fact, it will never be as clever as the mystery of what it could be.

That's why I said it had to be in the hands of a diehard fan.
I myself must have seen Alien 1-3 over forty times.
Others have tried to reinvent the alien while they should have simply added to the story instead.

Maybe you're right though.
Just "Laissez-faire" the darn thing.

Here's the thing though. What's a die hard fan? Someone who only likes the first 3? The first 2? The original film only? Aliens only?

The alien franchise has arguably one of the most divided fanbases, second only to Star Wars :lol So many people have completely conflicting preferences and opinions. Contrast with Terminator where pretty much everyone agrees that only the first 2 are worthwhile and the rest are absolute junk.

All valid points.
If nothing is done to reinvigorate the franchise in a respectable manner, it will continue to get the HT treatment I fear.

Back