1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*sigh*......
a3b749fbd52ee5b536598f7ab2e8f14d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I keep coming here with excitement and leaving with disappointment. Life story in one sentence, but also a decent summary of this thread thus far.

In the year 7510
If Ripley's coming, Hot Toys oughta've made it by then
Maybe Hot Toys will look around and say
Guess we could do another Iron Man first, just a slight delay

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

An oldie but goodie that STILL fits the situation...

FlyAndFight: Howard Chan, can you hear me?

[slams his hands down on the table]

FlyAndFight: Howard?

Howard: [awakens and starts speaking in an electronic and distorted voice] Yes, I can hear

you.

FlyAndFight: What was your special order?

Howard: You read it. I thought it was clear.

FlyAndFight: What was it?

Howard: Bring back tease photo of 1/6 Ripley figure. Priority One. All other priorities

rescinded.

a-dev: The damn company. What about our collections, you son of a *****?

Howard: I repeat, all other priorities are rescinded.

FlyAndFight: How do we get it Howard? There's gotta be a way of it shipping now. How? How

do we do it?

Howard: You can't.

a-dev: That's ********.

Howard: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organization.

Its sculptural perfection is matched only by its hostility to the collector.

Wor-Gar: You admire it.

Howard: I admire its purity. A tease survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions

of morality.

a-dev: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Howard: [Fly goes to disconnect Howard, who interrupts] Last word.

FlyAndFight: What?

Howard: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Have we ever had a release/reveal on a weekend?

There's only a couple of other figures left out of the list. Surely they wouldn't cancel a figure ?

Have we ever had a release/reveal on a weekend?

There's only a couple of other figures left out of the list. Surely they wouldn't cancel a figure ?

It will be the best for our suffering.

"Please... Kill... Me..."

I'm telling you, for the guys that have it on preorde, you should just cancel it and demand your NRDs back. Really stick it to Hot Toys and the distributors, make them suffer for the delays. It's not like you couldn't just pick it up elsewhere, and possibly for cheaper. The way this was been handled is atrocious. A mass exodus of cancellations would show Hot Toys whose boss. It's not like they're enthusiastic about the Alien lines they're doing with one or two figures every 4 years. :lol Let them choke on em'

That would only encourage them to avoid niche characters altogether and stick to their bread and butter lines, Star Wars and Marvel.

From the person securing mine in HK, according to the Secret Base staff the best info is "within the next few weeks."

Not saying that to rub salt - just so hopefully people can adjust their expectations.

I don't personally care - one of my top five movies, made 30+ years ago...no way I'm not getting this, and I've waited for a great figure so long a few more weeks don't bother me.
But if you do care I encourage you to follow Difabio's recommendation. Sideshow allows for NRD refunds if the release date is off by a certain margin (IIRC) so you are perfectly within your rights and it's the best way to show your dissatisfaction.

Back